Citroen C5 Aircross

Car Review - Citroen C5 Aircross 1.6 PureTech EAT8 Shine (A)
10 Jul 2019  |  Citroen Reviews
The new Citroen C5 Aircross delivers a comfortable, practical and stylish SUV experience that will surpass expectations.
   Consumer Reviews of Citroen C5 Aircross

4.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
19 out of 20 (95%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Terry49
0 forum posts Joined on 31-Oct-2014
Most Comfortable Drive Ever!  Posted on 21 Jun 2019

I've been driving a Honda CRV for 8 years and decided it is time for an upgrade to a continental especially after the arrival of my son. We felt that we needed more space for the stroller.

Whilst in search of a new car, we saw the reviews on the C5 Aircross and was intrigued by their reference to a magic carpet ride which the old Citroens were renowned for. We had to try it for ourselves.

I was very impressed by the 1.6L turbocharged engine which felt very powerful and true enough when the car went over bumps, the drive was still very smooth. The suspension was solid and fully absorbs the unevenness on the road. The handling was smooth and I liked how the steering feels - firm and responsive.

We considered the space and when our sales consultant, Cleo demonstrated that the rear seats were 3 individual full size seats that could be individually inclined and push forward for added boot space, we were sold as we have been struggling with the lack of boot space in the current car!

Given the solid-built and the performance of the foreign-made car, I feel the price is reasonable as compared to the Japanese models which do not give me the same feel.

The suspension system really delivered the magic carpet ride!
Powerful 1.6 turbocharged engine

No sunroof

furprice_extra
10 forum posts Joined on 28-Sep-2018
Even the test drive not worth my money  Posted on 21 Jun 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Test drove this car with a friend, even the test drive is not worth my time. Without wasting my breath, C5 Aircross is totally not worth the money they are asking. For. 1st, the car totally lacks on feature for the price. Space wise it loses out to so many options in its class. The interior is also nowhere luxurious, a lot of hard black plastic. Also, there is no more diesel option which is not a bad engine and is the reason why C4 Picasso was so popular. Yes, the comfort of the seats and suspension good, but then, handling as always still lose to German marques. The final nail comes when the sales exec told me $130k range, my jaw dropped, straight out told her for $130k range I will rather top up for a Skoda Kodiaq 1.4 TSI or a Harrier Turbo or even the sibling, Peugeot 3008 which is a much better choice. I don't even know why I bother to type this far, last words, take your money elsewhere.

- Decent power
- Good seats
- Good suspension

- Not as powerful as 180bhp might suggests
- FC during test drive can touch 12km/l . . . but only if you drive like a grandma
- Funky but very cheap interior, many hard plastic pieces
- Space is not impressive at all
- Very poor specs for the price, no moon roof etc.
- No more diesel option unlike previous Citreon models
- Unknown reliability of French car and C&C servicing cost
- All the above points, add a "for this price"
- Then consider for $130k range, there sre so many other options available

SiminWei
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Jun-2019
Value for Money with style  Posted on 12 Jun 2019

Was given the opportunity to test drive the Citroen C5 aircross, I was deeply impressed by its sleek and stylish look on the exterior. It gives a distinctive appearance that catches the attention of all while on the road.
Apart from the appearance itself, the car is tech integrated with features like led display screen with voice input while using the built-in GPS, which i think it saves the hassle of having to put yourself in danger while on the road when you lose your way. It has auto emergency features, parking censors, LED indicators, reverse cam with full view. Other than these features, its integrated dash cam on the rear mirror allows recording just by the push of a button. I was totally impressed by the new technologies that has been incorporated. For people like me who are heavy users of the mobile phone and hate to be "Phoneless", the C5 aircross has wireless charging functions that allows you to keep your car neat and tidy, and you do not have to worry about forgetting the charging cables.
The steering wheel is easy to maneuver, and the clutch is light. These features gives comfort to drivers which makes driving less tiring.
The interior of the C5 aircross is spacious, especially for people who are tall(I am standing at 1.66cm), it gives sufficient headroom which does not give the claustrophobic feel. The special cushion with suspension gives driver and passengers comfortable rides as it absorbs the impact in the event of an E-brake.
In my personal opinion, one of the reasons why this is the most practical family car is that the seats in C5 aircross is easily adjustable, not only for the front seat but for the backseat as well. Adjustments can be made to each seat, according to personal preference. As such, for families that require a baby seat, this is definitely a plus factor to consider for safety considerations.
One of the turnoffs for C5 aircross is that the material used for the interior has a "Plastic feel" Which discounts the stylish feel that the car has on the exterior, and given that this car is spacious, on the downside it does make the car look bulky.

Mervynwm
65 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Small, Compact and Floating Drive.  Posted on 08 Jun 2019

Test drove this small and compact designing SUV.

Exterior looks simply feels that you can be known of having a fashionable taste (as its after all design by French).

Basic features (of course you cannot par against like DS7 as its a more luxury one), but this comes as a compact SUV range where those into fashion, looks than features should be enticed by it.

Interior is pretty basic but does comes with some features such as the usual touch screen in 8 inches where the selling point was its comfortable seats (known to me by Sales as memory foam seats) which is great to sit on probably when you drive long distances. Also comes with digital cockpit too.

Driving it was pretty ok at NORMAL mode, did not try SPORTS mode as after all its not meant to be one. I must say, having deviated from conventional suspensions to hydraulics one (which mostly found in trucks), its a definite a GO for when I was told to "Dash" Across humps and seriously you DO NOT feel a thing, unlike even those high SUVs that I have driven before where you tend to feel sometimes.

Overall, its a compact SUV to look and get if you are into fashionable taste (minus its performance as its a daily car only) and for some its features that you can find against other brands where you need to top up or totally do not come with it, then C5 is the one.

The basics in a SUV.
Fashionable Design.
Memory foaming seats.
Comfortable ride (as due to its hydraulic suspension from conventional ones).
Blind Spot Assist.
Digital cockpit.

No sunroof or moonroof.
Electric tailgate (cannot remember seen or not).
Small glovebox.

theory_87
168 forum posts Joined on 28-Mar-2018
As Citroen Slogan, Advance comfort.  Posted on 27 May 2019

Just test drove the new C5 Aircross on Sunday. The car really surprise me. Granted that the cabin material may not be the best. I hate the interior hard plastic door panel. Also the infotainment system is not the best and the lack of physical control for aircon controls is irritating. Where the car surprise me is the moment the door is close. The door closing sound is solid, much better sounding then my C5 X7 and the car is very well insulated from outside world just like the old C5 X7. So far I only find Lexus GS, LS, Mercedes S-Class and Audi A8L quieter than my C5 X7. The new foam in the seats is also very comfy. The moment I started driving off, the way the suspension react very much remind me of Hydractive3+. Under hard acceleration, the car pick up quickly enough for me and the engine noise remain very well suppress. At this price, I doubt there is any car more comfortable than C5 Aircross. The Peugeot 3008 and DS7 just feels hard riding and noisy in comparison. If you got the time, you should go and test drive C5 Aircross.

- Comfortable Suspension
- Comfortable Seat
- Powerful Engine
- Very Good sound insulation
- Refine drive train
- Carplay and Android Auto
- Customisable Digital Speedometer
- The three individual rear seats

- No physical button for Aircon
- Hard plastic at the interior door panel
- Infotainment System can be slow
- The fake vents
- The rear seats can be wider
- Lack of electric seat for passenger, no memory seat for driver and no massaging function (C&C did not indent these features)
- The lack of LED headlights (Citroen did not make it for RHD market)
- Small glovebox (Citroen did not relocate the fuses during the LHD to RHD conversion)

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »