Citroen C5 Aircross

Car Review - Citroen C5 Aircross 1.6 PureTech EAT8 Shine (A)
10 Jul 2019  |  Citroen Reviews
The new Citroen C5 Aircross delivers a comfortable, practical and stylish SUV experience that will surpass expectations.
   Consumer Reviews of Citroen C5 Aircross

4.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
19 out of 20 (95%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Saggi
277 forum posts Joined on 24-Jun-2005
Best comfortable seat  Posted on 14 Dec 2020

Test n drive this outclass car.. Only people with different view and challenge will dare to take the challenge ! Compare to korean n jap entry car , it give a lot better feel and power. More solid.. A competitior vs Opel Grandland with higher OMV and feature which Aircross dont not have. Will be good they got with same pricing

Best seat and suspension i ever drive .
big viewing windscreen give wide clear view
powerful when needed

branding and servicing cost. Anyway if u are driving a conti like BMW nd Merc , the cost is similar for servicing.

slcmeng
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Aug-2020
Something unique, but you must go in eyes wide open  Posted on 12 Aug 2020

Since there seems to be a lot of new posts here saying such great things about this car, I also shall contribute my more balanced 2c. I test drove this car and also know some people who owned it, as I used to own Grand Picasso 1.6 THP. On the car itself, the suspension is the star feature, being from the famous Citroen heydays, but the downside is that you will feel the roll in corners. The THP engine does not feel like 180bhp when paired with the 8 speed gearbox, I would say that the VW/Skoda/Seat 1.4/1.5 TSI and DSG pairing is much smarter and feels way more responsive and overall faster even though it has less power on paper. As a whole, the Germans are definitely the driver's car while this is a great cruiser. In the interior seats are indeed very comfy, for me the impression ended when I saw the hard plastics on the door and of course being french the build quality is not that precise. They also seem to have a habit of making the centre console very wide (look at Peugoet and Renault) and the Aircross is no exception, it feels either cosy or cramped and space wasting in the driver's side. But if all of these are ok for you, this is definitely one unique ride to own, the only and main thing owners would need to go in with eyes wide wide open is, that's right, reliability and resale value. This is after all a french car and it is not for people without deep pockets or those who feel they want to show off their wealth on a unique ride. My Grand Picasso was well loved by the whole family, but by no means a trouble free ride, and despite the promises generations after, sadly even the current Picasso whether petrol or diesel is also still not one. Do note that C&C and even outside servicing is not cheap either. Again, this car stands out in a crowd, but take it from an ex Citroen owner, it may also turn out to be a car you might love or hate. The choice is yours depending on how much you like its standout styling, your risk appetite, wallet depth and maybe your wisdom in these Covid times.

Suspension is really good
A look that turn heads and stands out
If you like the car and have some $ to burn (see below re. Servicing cost), you will love it even with all its flaws and faults
Highly recommend at least 2 test drives before you sign

Suspension, power train feels more like a cruiser, this is not really for enthusiastic drivers
Not that spacious compared with other SUV in the class or price bracket
Interior cabin plastic material feels cheap in door and other areas
Driver's area can feel cramped for some people
Dont expect good FC in the city, 9-10 be happy
Reliability.... it is french car after all, keep some money in the kitty for repairs. Even if you are given service credits pls ask about cost of wear and tear parts, even a few $k will disappear very fast when comes to a Citroen and to C&C...!

Aromag
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Jul-2020
Nice SUV and great Sale Service from Citroen  Posted on 24 Jul 2020

Finally collected the car two days ago as purchase was made few days before the start of CB in April. No intention of changing car at that time but while sending a friend for his car servicing, was attracted to the overall appearance of this SUV.

Was served by Cleo and i can said that she is indeed a very excellent sales representative.

Both exterior and interior. After two days of driving, i would said is a comfortable ride with quiet cabin.

Huge boot and auto tailgate.

Brake not so responsive
Halogen Head Lamp

Hgl9815
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Jun-2009
Good price point for the features offer  Posted on 26 Apr 2020

Taken delivery during Dec'19. Has no intention of replacing my car but was immediately attracted by the cozy interior and the full digital cockpit layout. (3 color to switch)

More features was presented to me during/after the test drive, example: lane departure warning and correction, auto brake feature, blind spot warning, auto parking brake engagement, auto tail gate, etc etc

Comparing with my same price point Jap car which i was driving, it does not have the above mention features.

Was a bit worry about the branding initially but it did come with 5 years warranty so it kind of convince myself to buy it.

Cleo Teo was very patient and helpful with my purchasing journey, highly recommend for the procurement and after sales experience.

180HP for 1.6. (nice), paddle downshift during over taking is a joy.
8 speed !!
Android Auto and Apple Carplay come standard
wireless HP charging
almost 360 parking camera,
Nice speaker system,
Spacious boot, (IKEA lover will appreciate this)
lane departure waning and correction
auto tail gate, (wife fav feature after NTUC trip)

8" infotainment hang (need to shut off car and wait 5 min)
halogen headlight

darrenleekh
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Sep-2017
Price friendly SUV without skimping on features  Posted on 16 Apr 2020

An SUV that is modern looking and surprisingly pleasant to look at.

Drive is well adapted for city driving with sufficient torque from the go, and the 8-Speed transmission is smooth. Quiet and comfortable ride, coupled with the comfortable suspension, makes daily driving a pleasant and breezy experience.

Exterior looks.
Features - comparable with other continental brands
Suspension - the best part of the ride, and I can tell, because I have a terrible lower back problem

Does not have a power tailgate on mine, but I believe future models all do have one. Oh well.

Garycks
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Good Design and Value with fantastic features  Posted on 05 Oct 2019

Family friendly with good driver experience.
Many nice features.
Good for long drives and family outings.

Driver console experience
Spacious rear seats
Funky designs all around
Huge boot space

Auto tailgate optional

SYSCAR
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Sep-2019
Most Comfortable Car I Test Drove!  Posted on 29 Sep 2019

The exterior design is very citroen and thats what it attracted me to drop by and test drive the car. As i am into fashion, so will expect the car to match me too :p

Did not know it was a 1.6cc car until the sales told me. However the drive is good and power enough, should be the 180Hp and the 8 speed.
The seats uses leather cum fabric which I find very interesting and nice to sit on.
The interior design is nice and cool with the 12" Screen.
Surely value for money car, got to convince my wife now

1. The exterior design that is a different SUV design from the market
2. The supposed high density form seats.
3. The suspension (forget what they use here)
4. The drive and torque
5. The interior space and leg room as I am 1.83cm tall
6. The warranty and free 3 years road tax
7 The low depre for this car

i guess it will be good to have a powered rear boot for this SUV?

coralviper
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Sep-2019
Torquey and Comfortable  Posted on 26 Sep 2019

True to Citroen Suspension , truly comfortable and so so plush ...

A good balance of sublime yet subtle touches inside and out as a competitive crossover. Also a fun drive with the responsive steering. Well rounded for the stop go traffic during rush hour or the long run on the express way home.

It runs surprisingly zippy and smooth transmission. Reliable torque coverter Aisin Seiki gearbox, i expect trouble free for many years.

very spacious boot. The interior trim is stylish/conti without trying too hard to impress . Although Brown leather would be nice too.

Very good noise insulations, gives a run to those brands priced much much higher.

Conti handling and suspension with Jap/Korean price , Win win

good pick up and Plush suspension, very quiet , very good noise insulation

Rims are too big, however its a big car
No power rear boot

stevektm
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Jul-2018
More comfortable than my OSIM chair  Posted on 23 Sep 2019

So today I send my citroen for servicing. Since got some free time, I went to see what the hype is all about the C5 Aircross. My SC happened to be on duty.

The exterior wise is very typical citroen. Full of character but more mature than the smaller siblings. Very well made.

Interior wise, I love the 12" LED instrument display which I can customised. The seats uses a combination of fabric and leather which I find very interesting. Gives it some contrast not just in colour but in texture as well. I really like it alot. As for the comfort wise, I thought my cactus is comfortable but this car really takes the cake. Its probably more comfortable than my OSIM chair. I will buy this car just for the seats alone.

My SE happened to have some free time so he encouraged me to test drive the car. The gearknob is quite chunky and feels quite solid. The power wise, very punchy and creamy.

The C5 Aircross may look huge but the steering is effortless. Its a very easy car to drive. The engine is quite quiet and the insulation is excellent. The insulation is not just about sound, but you are also insulated from the roughness and the terrain of the road. It just glides through them. And yet it feels very planted at high speeds. My SE explain its something about progressive damping.

This car left me alot to think about. Someone in my household needs to change car soon.

1. The exterior.
2. The seats.
3. The power
4. The drive
5. The height
6. The warranty

I am stucked in this section here because I cannot any thing which I can reasonably complain about. Maybe it will be nice to have a powered rear boot?

Jaspertgx
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Sep-2019
Most value for money SUV of its class  Posted on 22 Sep 2019

I went for a test drive on the C5 Aircross with my wife today and I've to say its indeed pretty impressive. We actually first got attracted to it when we happened to see it on the road last week as we really love how masculine the car looks. Engine put down power pretty impressively coming from a 1.6l engine. The drive is refine and comfortable even when test driving on bumpy road and passing humps. More importantly, the individually adjustable rear seats and air-conditioning are vital features for us, to be able to fit 2 child seats and my helper comfortably. Wireless charging is a plus point too. On top on that, the current promotion with accessories credit and 3 years road tax that my salesperson offered me is so irresistible. Sad to be finally letting go of my Forester but I also can't wait to collect my new ride all at the same time.

- built quality
- comfortability
- digital cockpit
- Value for money!

- steering is a little light for my liking
- responsive brakes which need some getting use to

subarus
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Nov-2014
Futuristic french  Posted on 19 Sep 2019

First enter into this car will give you a "Chill' feeling. Don't be mistaken by "Chill". What I meant is Chill, cool and never will you see in another car that will gives you the smiley trended exterior look and futuristic interior furnishing that's no car can match .(My point of view) The driving is responsive and stable for a suv to my upmost surprise and driving around this suv really attracts head turn while on the road.( my bucks is well spent for attention. Hey who don't want attention right?)
Lastly pricing matches my budget so this point is subjective.(But if can stretch abit , stretch! )

Stylish, futurist look, responsive and price reasonable.

nothing I do not like .

dea939
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Dec-2018
Stylish, Comfortable And Value-For-Money SUV  Posted on 17 Sep 2019

Having read and heard a lot about Citroën C5 Aircross over radio and all articles, my family and myself decided to pay a visit to Citroën showroom to experience it ourselves. And I must say that the car is very impressive and win our heart totally.
The design of C5 Aircross is very handsome and modern inside-out. The exterior is undoubtedly refreshing with Citroën's signature front grill design, and I'm sure it will stand out among a pool of cars in a car park or and a head turner while on the road. The interior is also very modern and well specs, and I won't surprise if oneself mistaken it as some other premium brands that command much higher price. One feature that caught my eyes is the large LCD virtual cockpit that occupy the entire instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel, and it even allow personalisation.
As advertised, its ride is really super comfortable for a full size SUV, aided by its superior progressive hydraulic cushion suspension as well as its well contoured and supportive seats cushion with high density form.
Other than the comfort, Citroën also didn't neglect the safety of this car. 6 airbags, all round sensors, active city brake, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring are just part of its premium features.
At its current price, I would say that this car is really value-for-money, and it definitely deserve the full score.

Look, features, comfort, safety and value-for-money.

Halogen headlight (but this is really small issue, as I can change it to Philip white light bulbs at small cost)

Reywalnimz
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Sep-2019
By far the best SUV owned  Posted on 12 Sep 2019

I was previously an owner of a CHR, and traded in my one-year-old CHR for C5 Aircross. What amazes me is the comfort that the car gives, especially when driving along the roads of Singapore, it has been a surprise on the stability of the vehicle when driving along "Rocky" Roads. Certainly suitable for long drives. This SUV is spacious, with sufficient leg room, with absolute no requirement to have to make any adjustments to front or back seat. The fuel consumption is only 13/L, to be honest, it is considered as cost saving in the long run. Not only that, the individual car seats is one of the interior that draws attention. Luxurious feel not only on the exterior but also interior that has not compromised the comfort of the ride.

1. Comfort
8. Handsfree upgraded electric tailgate
9. Reverse camera with the capability of capturing surrounding at a wide scale
10. Engine power

1. Halogen Lamp
2. Slight plastic at side door (not a big deal though, does not impact the overall stylish feel)
3. No park assist
4. Lack of integrated navigation
5. No passenger electric seat

sashimi_7780
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Sep-2019
Fall in love with C5 Aircross  Posted on 12 Sep 2019

Fell in love on 1st sight with it's disctintive front look,(Front of car), Lion Claw rear lights and the great boot space.
I test drive during my 1st visit, , after the test drive , without much hestitancs i make up my mind to do the booking.
The reason that i have make the booking is because,very comfy drive compared with other brands of SUV, gear changing is very very smooth,
is very quiet inside the car, i can unwind myself to my favourite music after a stressful day.
Another WOW factor is the attractive touchscreen display and the also Stop/start is located outside which is very convienent (do not have to go into the menu).

Exterior & Interior Styling
Driving Pleasure but don't expect it to be a performance car, it's just a little lamb full of energy
Boot Space
Electronic Parking Brake
Reverse Camera which have the top view

Interior feel a bit plastic
halogen headlamps
$8k different to top up for the other variant (sunroof , park assist and 19'rim)

jackkwongkm
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Jun-2019
No regrets, will definitely recommend!  Posted on 23 Jun 2019

Looking to upgrade to a conti car and decided to test drive the C5 Aircross as I recently stumbled across their ads on fb and positive reviews by business times and straits times. Visited the showroom over the weekend and the exterior caught my attention as it looks sporty and masculine. My husband and I were initially apprehensive about the power as it is 1.6L, but we were impressed by the drive as we learnt from the sales exec that it is turbocharged engine. The ride was absolutely smooth especially over humps due to its progressive hydraulic cushions, and handling was good. Plus, the soundproofing is fantastic, so much better than Honda CR-V that we were comparing to. The seats are extremely comfortable, and it fits my family of 5 comfortably with generous legroom. I'm happy with the boot space as well as I can fit my groceries, stroller, golf bag and many more.

The shine variant has quite a number of features as well - wireless charging, apple carplay, keyless entry and start and active blind spot monitoring (best is that all of these are standard) Not sure why there was no electric tailgate, well at least they would help to locally fit mine with that. Overall my family is pleased with the car.

Very smooth ride
Sound insulation
Comfortable seats
Spacious boot

No panoramic sunroof
No electric tailgate - told that it will be locally fitted
No park assist feature