Related Articles

7 popular cars for private hire drivers

10 cheapest brand new cars you can buy here

The Mitsubishi Attrage delivers practical motoring

Should you wax your car before applying sealant?

Car Review - Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2 CVT (A)
06 Jul 2015  |  Mitsubishi Reviews
Will the Mitsubishi Attrage do things differently enough to be a strong seller? We run around in it to see what this compact sedan can do.
Facelift

The Mitsubishi Attrage was facelifted on May 2020. Read more

Consumer Reviews of Mitsubishi Attrage

3.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
2.5/5
24 out of 31 (77.4%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
smallcarlover
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Sep-2020
After 2 Attrage, no more Mitsubishi for me...  Posted on 09 Sep 2020
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Bought my first Attrage in 2016. Drove for about 20,000 km without any issues. In 2019, COE fell and I replaced the 2016 model with a 2019 model. 2019 model came with Cruise Mode which is Great for a no frills car. Unfortunately, the 2019 model gave me lots of problem. After driving for less than 800km, there were screeching sound when braking. Cycle carriage changed the brake pads for me FOC but they told me I will be charged the next time!

A few months later, the Cycle carriage logo which was pasted at the back was dangling because of poor quality tape that was used. The Mitsubishi Logo at the back was also about to come off!

Soon after, the number plate light bracket also came off. Send the car to C&C for repair. The experience was dreadful. They deemed the damage was done by me and I reluctantly paid for it but it was rather obvious it was the factory which used a poor quality bracket which broke!

This 2019 car is now slightly over 11 months and I have yet to clock 9,000km unfortunately the screeching sound when braking came back again! Have to find a day to send the car to C&C for repair. I pray I do not need to spend the whole day there waiting and I pray it would not cost an arm and a leg! By the way, I am a very gentle driver. I do not speed and I do not brake abruptly!

Just to share, the rubber strips at the window is no longer what it used to be. It seems to be coming off very soon.

Hopefully the COE can fall soon and I will replace this car! No more Mitsubishi for me! No more Cycle & Carriage (Service) for me too!

Affordable, if you are lucky to get a car with no issues. Cruise mode.

Quality of the finishes is disappointing. Quality of the parts is also disappointing. After sales service quality remains a doubt.

carcrazeee
1 forum posts Joined on 24-Sep-2016
Depends on what you're looking for in a car  Posted on 28 Jul 2020

Bought the car 3 years ago. Was one of the more affordable options out there. Not too sure if i made decision considering the avante was about 10k more. But still stick to my stand that this car is value for money.

Really depends on what you want in a car. If you want a car to get you from point A to B for a small family, this would be a perfect car. However, if you don't mind spending more for a better driving experience then please DO NOT get this car. This car is horrible if you love to drive and overtake others.

- Small turning radius. Easy to drive in tight spaces.
- Fuel consumption. Managed to get 4.8L/km for 80% highway, 20% city with a light foot.
- Eco-light. I always try to drive in a way such that the eco display lights up. Quite "fun" for me and always allows me to drive frugally so why not
- Huge interior space, especially the backseats for a car with such small dimensions
- Comfortable seats

- Noisy, rumbling engine noise because it is underpowered. Moving off from a standstill is an absolutely nightmare.
- No road presence. Bigger cars always try to overtake me.
- No folding rear seats
- Loud road noise.
- Pretty comfortable ride but rolls a lot at the corners
- Ugly, boxy shape, though to be honest, i think the latest facelift is much uglier.

Shuaige12345
37 forum posts Joined on 04-Jul-2016
No Power, poor interior  Posted on 04 Mar 2020
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Went to test drive the car. Doors feel very light when opening and closing and reminds me of my old Nissan Sunny that I drove 20 years ago. Interior feels outdated and boring. Can feel the vibration when stationery and road noise was very evident when driving it. Steering feels too light for me as I couldn't quite feel any feedback from the road. When closing the boot normally, I can literally feel the whole car shake.

Cheap price for a Japanese make. But then again, a couple of thousands more for Honda Fit or Nissan Note may be a better deal as interior and driving feel is much better.

1. Vibration when car is stationery.
2. Car feels very light weight and doesn't give a secure feeling. Not so sure if it would survive a crash.
3. No feeling from the steering. Too lightweight for me.
4. Outdated interior.
5. No power when picking up. Certainly not a car that you want to drive on the expressway for long.
6. Brakes feel spongy and doesn't seem to bite well or quickly.

3_Cylinder_Pots
6 forum posts Joined on 05-Dec-2019
3 Cylinder Pots for the win!  Posted on 05 Dec 2019

Having been behind the wheels of this 3 pots Mitsubishi Attrage for a few months now, I hope to do so for the whole 10 COE years or even beyond it. Being price sensitive, purchase price and running costs being low are my priorities. Managed to negotiate for a further 1k off the listed price. I have fully repaid the car loan as well.

Likes
Listening to my own Spotify playlists on the JVC touchscreen player.

Powerful airconditioner which cools the whole car cabin quickly and keeps passengers comfortable especially during hot days.

Ease of hands free phone calling in cabin using steering wheel controls and bluetooth connectivity.

Safety for my year old baby with the baby car seat secured by ISOFIX and top tether at the rear.

Central locking and unlocking system adds to safety.

Child lock safety feature of the car doors prevent my children from accidentally opening the car doors from the inside.

Car will auto lock after 15 seconds with all car doors closed.

I plan to keep the car parts at stock. Car and drive are satisfactory for me thus far. Minor add-ons made are as follows;

Magnetic shades for all windows.

External TPMS for all wheels.

Installed rain visors on at all doors.

Added cabin light on roof for rear passengers.

Changed to bigger arm rest.

Added sunglasses holder.

Might consider adding strut bars and change absorbers to improve ride. But most likely not doing so to save money since this is more of a want than a need.

Plan to go with AIG car insurance for 3 years since their insurance offers comprehensive coverage. Particularly like their 1-for-1 new car exchange for the first 3 years.

Cars parts and maintenance are the most affordable for Attrage at outside workshops after finishing the given service credits with Cycle & Carriage.

Apple carplay and android auto would be good.

Good to have modern car safety features too. But then again less technology means less problems and less visits to service centres.

Vibrations at idling.

Engine, road and tyre noise can be heard too.

Slow pick up and acceleration.

Despite the above, no qualms for me as Attrage is affordable for me and I get to have my own private transport and convenience.

bongo9000
8 forum posts Joined on 08-Jul-2019
Perfect for a budget-friendly car (based on lower COE prices)  Posted on 13 Oct 2019

Bought the Attrage in Jul 2019 after searching for generally fuel-efficient cars in Singapore and with a baby otw. Would say that it has been a great ride so far, IF you manage your expectations well. This is not a car for showing off or zooming around town but it definitely gets the job done if you can control your pedal foot ;)

It was a big change from driving my parents' car (Toyota Camry 2.5) but it is well worth it in terms of the overall $$ spent on the car itself, fuel and most importantly, the convenience!

- Generally affordable price as a first car
- Generally fuel-efficient (13-15km/L on average), depends on driving conditions
- Looks grow on you
- Comes with the 6 airbags for peace of mind
- Cruise control (although hard to use in SG with all the jams)
- Integrated controls in steering wheel
- Pretty spacious back seats
- Active WhatsApp chat group for Attrage owners 😂
- SE was flexible to swap out my bodykit from Style for extra $500 service credits :)

- Engine CMI for acceleration from standstill (changing engine air filter does help abit)
- JVC HU doesn't support  CarPlay (sian but will not spend extra $& to zhng this, basic wireless bluetooth good enough for me atm)
- Headlights not white...(planning to zhng)
- No Daytime Running Lights (planning to zhng with Aliexpress ordered ones)
- Had to take the min $40k loan + AIG insurance from C&C

minty
61 forum posts Joined on 28-Sep-2019
Most affordable drive!  Posted on 28 Sep 2019

Made a big decision to buy the Mitsubishi Attrage after a long consideration. Given the high living costs, Attrage is just right for my wallet.

Competitive market pricing: 59k for the Modern variant now. Annual Depreciation at 5k+ is a wow!

Aftersales services: Purchase price came with service credits for me to buy plans to service the ride regularly. Bought the 2 year Diamond service plan for a start. A peace of mind on maintenance! Booking/amending service appointments is also a breeze too with the new C&C mobile app.

Drive: Being light-weight at 940kg, it helps for a smoother ride with 1.2 engine. Power during cruising is brilliant, just abit sluggish when it comes to moving off from stationary. Not much of an issue here since our roads here are heavily used during peak hours and car speed is low. Helps keeping within roads' speed limit for safety is first.

Fuel efficiency: Pretty satisfied with the fc of the car. Able to cover up to 700km on a full tank! Being a light footer and driving in a mix of expressway & non-expressway roads, this definitely helps. Average of 18-20km/L for me.

Comfort: Rear space is big and comfortable. Still have plenty of leg room for passengers on the rear.

Features: Many to name, my favourite being Cruise Control!

Looks: Sporty sleek look with the sports kit for Style variant. Comes with shark fin antenna, rear boot lip spoiler, front and side skirting.

Parking is easy as Attrage is not big in dimensions. Great for tight spaces.

A very value-for-money car! Highly Recommended!

As above

None so far

TinxeMitsubishi
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Aug-2019
Good car with the resonable price, saving fuel  Posted on 08 Aug 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I think Attrage is a good for a family with 3 to 4 people. It serves quite well in city road, but it would be quite weak when I want to pass other car on the freeway. Attrage only costs around 4.5L to 6 L for 100km so I satisfy with it.

Saving Fuel, good handle in city road

Small car, weak engine

Ika_tomas
34 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2012
No Frills Entry Level Sedan (2019 STYLE)  Posted on 05 Aug 2019

Picked up this little thing as a 2nd car about 2 weeks ago and have been playing around with it on and off. Functions as the family's 2nd car, mainly driven by the wife.

If you manage your expectations, it's about as good as you can get for a value buy, Point A to B Japanese Sedan. The new 2019 Style body kit makes the little car look much much better than the older editions. And even for a 1.8m 80++KG guy who's definitely not on the thin side, the Attrage feels deceptively roomy on the inside despite it's actual size.

The new Bodykit gives the car a better look
Cheap (July 2019 Pricing)
Fuel Economical
Comes stock with Front & Rear Cameras (Though you have to nag your SE to enable the parking mode)
Feels surprisingly roomy on the inside despite it's actual size.
Well thought out cabin fittings

Does not come with rubber mats
Noisy powerless engine
Thin sheet metal evident everywhere
Rather lazy cheaped out Engine bay
No rear cabin lights
Did I mention that the engine is a noisy powerless thing?

ferrytales
516 forum posts Joined on 15-Jul-2019
Decently cheap car  Posted on 22 Jul 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

At this price range of 60k, main competitors are bezza/accent/note. Prior to testing the attrage, make sure you didn't test drive any other cars else you will be underwhelmed by it. Any other cars will give you a better drive than this, even perodua axia drives better than this but if you can look beyond the shortcomings, its still one of the cheapest brand new sedan you can find in singapore.

1.2 3cyl engine makes it sound like an airplane taking off from the runway when you give it a little push. If you are looking at this car, make sure you forget about everything you've ever known about driving a car, forget about overtaking on highways, forget about trying to be first at the traffic light, forget about noise-proofing.

Majority of the people who purchased this car is mainly for the low cost and advertised low fuel consumption but some people forget that this car comes with a puny 1.2 litre engine and tries to drive it like a monster truck, then end up complaining about why the fuel efficiency is not as advertised. You will naturally want to floor the accelerator to pick up speed, to overtake as the engine is weak thus compromising on the fuel efficiency.

Drive it like a tortoise by being super gentle with the accelerator and do not go above speeds of 100kmh on the highways as you will feel like you are bouncing off the roads and you might get a free trip to space as well. However, if you can look beyond the shortcomings, its a decent and value for money car in SG context with ample interior space for whatever purposes.

There is a reason why we no longer see many PHV attrage on the roads now as compared to the earlier years between 2016-2018 as the PHV drivers all complained that parts start to fail and broke easily due to their high mileage. Most should be scrapped now and unfortunately for those who bought the attrage in 2016-2018 are now stuck with this car as there is just no resale value for this car.

What I also don't understand are people buying this car cause its cheap but end up spending additional $$ on mods such as adding bodykits/bars. With the total amount you are paying, better off just buying another decent sedan rather than trying to mod this puny 1.2l car into a racer wannabe.

1) Cheap
2) Huge boot
3) Huge interior space

1) Free trip to space if you are not careful
2) Pay abit more for the accent with a 1.4l engine which doesn't sound like a space shuttle about to take off
3) Kids will love the car rides just like how they enjoy bouncy castle

s_venkatesh78
1 forum posts Joined on 18-Jul-2019
Mitsubishi Attrage - Value for Money  Posted on 18 Jul 2019

This is a point to point car. If you are a small family with 4 members this is the best car that you can thinkof. No issues or vibration while driving at a speed of 90 kms/hr speed in express ways. I have seen a lot of people claiming noice and vibration but i don't feel anything (Not sure if they have improved this in the latest models)

This is an apt family sedan to drive within Singapore or occational visits to KL.

If you are a aggressive driver and a racer - This car is not meant for you... [Anyways in Singapore you can't even if you drive ferrari] :)

1. Price

2. Fuel Consumption - Avg 12 Km in City / 15 Km in expressways

3. Comfortable interior space & boot space

4. Lot of high end car features (start button / cruise control / skid control / much more which all high end car has)

5. Less recurring cost per month considring this being a light car. Even heard from my friends that the parts availability and the cost is in our side :)

1. Pick up

Nothing much at this point.

lokeloh
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Mar-2019
Most reliable car I've owned!  Posted on 27 Mar 2019

This is my 2nd Attrage 1.2 compare previously 2016 model really difference than 2018 model.
purchase price at below $58k plus 2K service credits is very good for local family own a vehicle.

Large boot of 450L for my groceries, Rear camera when reversing (Sport Model)
Fuel Consumption about 17km/L 90 speed journey with Cruise control.
6 Airbags and Traction Control for added safety (previously model only 2 airbags).
Touchscreen Headunit with easy controls Bluetooth and Head free controls on steering.
Small turning radius of 4.8m for easier u-turn manuevring, keyless engine start and remove boot.
The Sell consultant was very friendly they made you clear before booking at UBI C&C.

This budget I have no comment.

gamester2007
38 forum posts Joined on 06-Jun-2017
Fun & Zippy Ride for City Drive!  Posted on 19 Feb 2019

MY2019 Attrage Style :) Having previously driven Attrage with Smove, I can really tell and feel the difference between a brand new one and a rental car. A new Attrage drives way beyond my expectation. Rental car probably been driven by many, feels like driving a toy car given the ultra light steering as compared to the much sturdy drive I exprienced so far. I would choose not to drive in Singapore and save on the car expenses incurred. But with kids and grandparents in the family, Mitsubishi Attrage really provides the much needed convenience and comfort for transport.

Good entry purchase price for first time car buyers like me at below $58k
Full Body Kit (Skirting, spoiler and boot's looks grow on me)
Shark Fin on top of car instead of Radio Antenna
More back pockets for storage for Driver and front Passenger seats
Large boot of 450L for my groceries, luggages, baby stroller and baby items.
Leather seats with red stitches
Seating space big enough to accommodate my big sized family (Big build and Tall at 1.85m)
Rear camera when reversing
Good Fuel Consumption but I myself am very lightfooted so easily achieve 16km/L for 70-30 city-expressway driving. I keep my rpm mostly below 2k.
Not too huge a car size so is easier for me to drive around and when turning corners.
Cruise control at 70-80km/h for my journey on KPE, Mandai Road and KJE/PIE.
Traction Control for added safety
6 airbags for added peace of mind
Decent number of storage areas with cup holders and hooks for hanging items
Rikecool solar film for back seat windows and top of front windscreen
Touchscreen Headunit with easy controls
Bluetooth and Headunit controls on steering wheel
Stable car for me so far maybe because I drive within my own slower comfortable speed
Many additional car features that can be purchased cheap for personal upgrade preferences.
Keyless entry
Welcome and lock blinking light
Keyless engine start
Hill Start Assist
Small turning radius of 4.8m for easier u-turn manuevring
Fog lamps as DRL
And many more features I have yet to list here

1.2L engine can be improved though is sufficient for me.

MarkerPen
12 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2011
Cheap in every sense of the word  Posted on 17 Feb 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

If you want the cheapest car you can get from a proper Japanese brand then this is it. If you want anything else, look elsewhere.

This car has nothing going for it except the price.

It looks disproportionate and slab-sided when viewed from the rear especially.

The weak and horribly noisy 1.2L 3 cylinder engine is certifiably one of the worst engines I have ever experienced. There is zero power for overtaking and the engine and CVT noise when accelerating hard sounds worst than a diesel. Cabin insulation is very poor as well. Cabin design is uninspired and quality is bad. Do not believe the claims of it being a Eco-Sedan able to achieve 21.8km/l. You'd struggle to get more than 10km/l because of the lack of power means you have to step harder to get moving.

You are better off buying a Perodua Bezza 1.3L which has a more refined Toyota VVT-i engine with more power.

- Price for a Japanese brand

- engine
- gearbox
- looks
- fuel economy

value
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Dec-2018
Great value, if you don't mind vibration at idling  Posted on 04 Dec 2018

I was considering the Attrage & the Hyundai Accent. Here are a few observations that were not so obvious looking at the brochures. (CAPITAL means better).

Conclusion: Attrage for those who value low price & good fuel economy. Accent for those who value smooth engine, and don't mind paying $8K more.

Possible Deal Breakers

Engine Idling - Attrage: not smooth (has vibration). ACCENT: smooth (no vibration).

Transmission (CVT) - Attrage: D & B (B=L) gears only. ACCENT: D & +/- shift (6-speed selectable)

Fuel Economy - ATTRAGE: 20.4km/L (expect 16km/L - 20% Discount). Accent: 15.6km/L (expect 12.5km/L - 20% Discount)

Electric folding mirror - ATTRAGE: yes. Accent: no

Others Features

Brakes - Attrage: front Disc, rear drum. ACCENT: front & rear discs

Boot space - Attrage: 450L. ACCENT: 465L (on paper not much bigger, but looks clearly deeper)

Width (Space) - Attrage: narrower than ACCENT by 30mm.

Airbags - ATTRAGE: 6. Accent: 2

Sports Rims - ATTRAGE: yes. Accent: no.

Low price.
Best fuel economy.
Electric folding mirror.
Sports rims.

Engine vibration at idling.
No (+/-) shift to select gear, only B (=L) gear.
Narrow width.
Rear drums.

yishunite
1751 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2018
Competent tool but not more than that  Posted on 15 Aug 2018
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I test-drove the Attrage after being attracted by its headline low price. I really wanted to like this car so I could buy it, because I can't help feeling cars are overpriced in Singapore, having lived overseas a long time. Unfortunately, the experience was so underwhelming I couldn't look back as we walked away.

The first thing you'll see is how small the wheels are. Small wheels mean bumps are harder, and it showed when we were on the road. The steering also felt heavy for a relatively light car (coming from a Vios). And finally the 3-cylinder engine really struggled to pick up when needed. It would almost be a certainty that you would over-rev the engine, throwing its wonderful theoretical fuel economy out the window. It is not something you want to drive in a hurry. It did not take a long drive to realise I would hate owning it.

Unless you really can't afford the mainstream makes (Elantra, Vios, City, Cerato, etc.), and are probably supplementing the costs by driving it as a PHV on the side, avoid.

Great value
Decent-sized boot
Good fuel economy

Heavy steering
Very bumpy ride
Poor pickup
C&C Mitsubishi finance offer and incentives are poor

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »