Kia Cerato K3

Car Review - Kia Forte K3 1.6 SX (A)
05 Sep 2016  |  Kia Reviews
Kia's ever-popular mid-sized sedan may only be a facelift, but the K3 receives multiple updates that will leave you wondering if it's a brand new model.
vs
vs
Comparison Tests:
Kia Cerato K3 vs Subaru Impreza vs Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6
   Consumer Reviews of Kia Cerato K3

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
73 out of 74 (98.6%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »
Alanchensc
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Jan-2010
Much Improved Korean Car  Posted on 29 Sep 2017

Sold my BMW 320I in 2016 and bought this Kia K3 (EX) in late Dec'16 for SGD93K and have been driving this car for nine months till date. I have changed my view on Korean KIA since my first purchase of KIA.

I see no point to pay another SGD10K for the Sports Model - same engine size. Only LED Headlamp and sport rim and air-con electric seat different.

1) Quality of car interior like dashboard is of much better quality than a Toyota Altis
2) Design of car look is good ever since Audi car designer moved to Kia and created this new K3 look in the market
3) Fuel consumption is about 12-13 km/l
4) Stable on the road even driving at 150 km/hr (West Malaysia)
5) Cruise control and rear air-con like Continental Specs

1) A bit sluggish on the pick up perhaps due to the car heavier weight as compared with Toyota Altis - but I find the pickup is much better than Toyota Altis - I used to owned two Toyota Altis in the past
2) Car salesperson give good service but after car sales servicing at Kia Motors is poor - Toyota Borneo Motor seems to have better after car sales servicing

Rronnie
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Jul-2006
One of the most decently priced package currently  Posted on 21 Sep 2017

I have been driving this for 2 years now. Inside, it feels like an older generation Audi, at least it feels part German, and that makes it roomy, comfortable, quiet and well equipped. The sports pack comes with body trim, factory leather, sunroof and ventilated seats.
Decent value for the money, compared to competition out there.

Spacious Cabin and Boot
Quiet
Well Equipped
Comfortable with a touch of Audi Feeling

The engine feels under powered
The reliability still needs to be addressed

bengreat68
Premium User bengreat68
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Jul-2017
Absolutely a nice car for the price  Posted on 01 Sep 2017

I got my K3 sx sports model on July and been driving close to 9000 km. I love the european style looking interior and all the features like aircon seat, sun roof etc.

It's comfortable to drive and really value for money.

Though some people may complain about the light steering but personally i find it rather good if you have to drive around the city with lots of turning.

The only complain i have is the pick up seems a tad sluggish, maybe due to weight of the car.

Overall, I would recommend this car for this budget range.

The overall looks (both in and out)

The features that come with it

The smooth drive

The value for money

The sluggish pick up

Neutoris
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Mar-2013
Best Value Car in the Market  Posted on 29 Aug 2017

I've been driving this car for awhile and I must say its one of the best value car in the market. The car is feature packed and is European styled. Driving this car on the road would definitely turn heads!

Cteo17
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Aug-2017
My first drive with a kia car  Posted on 02 Aug 2017

Kia k3 L
This is the first time i drove a Kia car, and to be frank it really amazed me.
Design: for a 1.6 car, to have such a design is a luxury. Exterior is nice, interior look class. What more can we ask for
Price: for $80k+, you get such a car, with nice design and good engine spec, what else can you ask for
Drive and handling: acceralation is abit poor, due to the heavy weight of the car. But when you reach beyond 50kmh, the drive get smoother and powerful. FC wise, i am getting about 12.5km/liter (before run in servicing) and i think it is a good fc considering the size and weight of the car. Have done my run in servicing, and will see if the FC will get better.
Feature wise, nothing i can said. I opt to buy the L model, then it just a very basic car, with no additional feature like steering wheel control button, eco/sports mode etc.

Smooth and stable drive at high speed
Design

Acceralation could be better, maybe with a better air filter installed instead?
Future batch may consider this to further improve the performance.

stefanchan
Premium User stefanchan
20 forum posts Joined on 17-Apr-2017
K3 L Model  Posted on 18 May 2017

Test drove the L model. Very basic interior, plastic feeling interior. Pick up is smooth. Good for basic use car.

Smooth pickup
6SP

Light steering

teecy
3 forum posts Joined on 14-Apr-2017
Can't find any reason not to!  Posted on 13 Apr 2017

Been looking for a car since late 2016. Im a car person and enjoys a good drive.

Naturally very put off with Kia brand. Call me a badge whore, but read on...

I've tested the following car: Altis, QashQai, Elantra, K3, golf, astra, civic, Jetta, Pulsar (non exhausive) and eventually ended up with a tug-o-war with the Golf & Civic. Golf for the drive train but kinda wary of the gearbox due to what i've read online (sometimes reading lesser is better). Civic 1.6A for its looks but i realised its on CVT? Basically isnt it the same FD that we used to love 10 years ago?

Realised K3 wasnt in the running? Read on..

I simply can't convinced myself to throw another 15-20k and overlooked K3. The features are second to none in the price range. It is relatively roomy at the rear as well. Boot size no complains. Good looks!

As my title says, i had to.

Feature packed car - ventilated seat, 17in rims, big boot. Parking assist etc..

Best bang for buck - low dep

Awesome good looks from all angles

Reliability - from C&C, hope its good

Drive seat is comfortable

Soft interior materials all around. I had to search for their plastics.

SX model lackof HID. Not sure why they scrimp on the cheap items. Maybe saving it for the SX sports.

Engine lacks a punch but well its a heavy vehicle

The weird looking bulging and curvy dashboard. (need getting use)

Light steering

2 X airbags

Titank
Premium User Titank
170 forum posts Joined on 19-Feb-2007
Cheapest Car In The Singapore  Posted on 09 Apr 2017

This car is consider one of the cheapest in the market where the depreciation is not as high compare with the Japanese & Continental makes. Driving the car is very stable like a tank. Perhaps due to the weight it seem slow in the pickup, this may not be a decent FC.

Big boot space.
Big space for rear seat passengers.
Nice continental aesthetics feeling.

Pickup is slow especially the car seem very heavy.
No rear aircon for the basic model.

jloh787
Premium User jloh787
25 forum posts Joined on 11-Sep-2016
Simply Unrivalled  Posted on 09 Mar 2017

I have been driving the facelifted 2017 K3 SX since end Nov 2016. Was comparing the K3 between Elantra, Altis and Shuttle. The K3 wins in terms of styling inside and out, features, build quality, and most importantly, value for money.

One of the aspects the K3 impresses me the most is its body styling. Its distinctive design has a balance between style, comfort and practicality. The rear LED lamps do look really good at night.

Features are plenty- keyless entry and start system, powered driver's seat with 2 person memory settings, rear aircon vents, and many more. What I really like are the front ventilated seats, which helps in cooling the seats down on a hot day. Headroom and legroom for both front and rear seats are plenty, and the seats in the K3 are comfortable and supportive for long distance journeys.

The K3 is a nice and comfortable car to drive. The power delivered from the 1.6L engine is decent for day to day driving. Gear shifts from the 6 Speed Auto transmission are smooth. Pickup from 0-30 km/h can be a little sluggish at times, but the power from the engine can be felt once the car reaches higher speeds. Cabin sound insulation is excellent.

Overall the Kia K3 is one of the best compact sedans in the market, especially for the price compared to its rivals. Highly recommended.

- Overall aesthetics
- Spacious 482L boot space with split folding rear seats
- Features
- Soft touch materials on the doors and dashboard
- Auto-folding side mirrors which can tell if the doors are locked from afar
- Factory fitted 17 inch alloy rims (SX only)
- LED daytime running lights
- Centre supervision cluster which shows digital speedometer, trip data as well as drive info that displays the distance travelled and fuel consumption per trip when the ignition is turned off
- Powered driver's seat that slides back for easier entry and exit
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Motrex HU with reverse camera (optional)

- Steering lacks feedback
- Noisy stock Nexen tyres. Will source for another tyre brand when the stock tyres are due for replacement.
- Car is a little low when getting in and out
- Fuel consumption. Average consumption on one full tank getting only around 10-11 km/l. This depends on one's driving style. Will continue monitoring on that.

Pigjedi
Premium User Pigjedi
14 forum posts Joined on 28-Feb-2017
Impressive Korean Car  Posted on 09 Mar 2017

Test drove this car multiple times while shopping for my new car. Even though I ended up with an Audi as I am a badge whore, this car impressed me enough to make me want to write a review for it. Can you believe it? There was a serious dilemma for me between this car and an Audi.

The interior quality was surprisingly good. Materials were good for its price. Tons of features available as standard. However, my old car was the Kia Forte and when these electronic features fail, you will have tons of repairs to make. Just a warning.

Ride is decent. Noise level ok. Space is good and 5 adults can comfortably fit. The design of the K3 is excellent and looks like a European car. Not surprising as the designer was from Audi. Too bad he is retiring.
The interior dash is a bit too cluttered for me.

The engine is a bit weak though. Not much power from a 1.6L . There is a slight struggle on slopes. Handling is a touch light.

Good value for money car. Get you from A to B comfortably. Tons of features to play with. But not for people looking for a fun drive.

-Good quality materials
-Spacious
-Great value for money with tons of features and gadgets

-Weak engine
-Light steering

Yongtuck
17 forum posts Joined on 16-Jan-2007
Kia K3  Posted on 16 Feb 2017

Bought EX during car motor show. Love the driving experience, Korean car indeed improve tremendously, above my expectation. 10/10 good rating from friends.

Insulation very good
motrex HU with apple car play
large cabin space
good leg and head room space
Chio DRL
Chio tail light
nice 16inch rim
powerful aircon
smooth transmission
feel luxury
high rear bumper design that clear parking kerb easily
at least 10k cheaper compare to jap car of this size

tyres abit noisy
stock speaker not really good
EX model did not come with push start
EX model did not have steering wheel leather wrap

JoshuaChe
Premium User JoshuaChe
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Jan-2017
Great BnB Car  Posted on 24 Jan 2017

Got the SX last week. Enjoying the stable feel of this car, does not feel as wobbly as the attrage which I sat in while taking Uber. Interior feels good and feature packed (although not all features are used). Ventilated seats very shiok

Things I dislike are the poor radio reception of the HU, vibrating feeling (like in manual car gear 1, there is shaking feeling when never properly clutch in) when in 1k-2k rpm @ 40-60kmh, and a little weak pick-up from low speed.

My FC so far on average is 13.0, hoping this will increase after 1k engine oil change.

Interior (ventilated seats!!)
Stable drive
Parking sensors useful in tight spots
Decent FC, expecting ~14 next 1k service

Weak radio reception
Weak pick-up intially
Vibration at low RPMS.

Whattheheck
Premium User Whattheheck
109 forum posts Joined on 07-Jul-2016
Best Bang For The Buck  Posted on 20 Dec 2016

Reasonable priced. Tons of features. Ppl who sit in my car told me that if I didn't tell them it was a Kia, they would have tot it was an upmarket European car. Fuel consumption I am getting for 70% City/ 30% Highway ranges from 9km/lit to 16km/lit. Depending on how heavy/light footed I am. Aftersales support at Cycle & Carriage is excellent. They won't try to push unnecessary things to sell you during servicing. They go out of the way to satisfy your request.

Tons of features
Stable ride at high speed
Wide body means a lot of space in the cabin
Excellent after sales service

Acceleration is not as fast as I prefered. But it is a heavy car at close to 1.3ton and 1.6litre engine only.
Fast enough for SG/Msia.

kianewbie
Premium User kianewbie
130 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2015
Surprisingly good and reliable car I've owned  Posted on 16 Dec 2016

Drove the pre FL K3 for almost a year. Never regret choosing it.

Almost all passengers commented on the spacious rear passengers area, rear air vent and almost flat surface.

Really enjoying the ride everyday.
Firstly, it will greet you when you approach the car by opening its "Ears" (side mirrors) and light up.

Getting into and out the car is easy and hassle free as the driver seat is automatically adjusted.

With pressed of a button, it will start the engine and my journey starts.

The insulation is quite good too with almost only tires noise.

Spacious rear passenger seats
Cruise control
Ventilated seat
Memory seat
Rear air vent

2 Air bags (maybe because 1 batch ahead got 6)
Halogen Headlight (maybe because 1 batch ahead got HID)

Multi
Premium User Multi
1682 forum posts Joined on 02-May-2003
KIA - The power to Surprise - Yes indeed  Posted on 12 Dec 2016

Was deciding between the Elantra and the K3 and eventually chose the K3 due to the better interior quality material used and the full features of a luxuries model. Power from the 1.6L Gamma engine is adequate but nothing to shout about. If full load of 5 pax, it struggle abit when taking off but when the momentum start rolling, its smooth sailing all the way. Interior sound proofing have improved, gearchange is smooth, FC I'm getting 13.2L/Km which is a far cry from my previous SUV which the best is 7L/Km.

1. Memory seat