Consumer Reviews of F1 Autos Pte Ltd

3.3/5

YewLeongYeo
0 forum posts Joined on 28-Apr-2017
My Bad Experience with F1 Auto  Posted on 28-Apr-2017
I was experiencing some problems with my car’S suspension. After some quick research online, I decided to seek professional help from the F1 Autos Car Workshop. As I have been doing my vehicle servicing and repair work at Performance Motor for the last 6 years, this was the first time I am visiting a workshop outside. On arriving at the workshop, one of the mechanics, Ah Liang, approached me. I briefly explained to him the nature of the problem, and he referred me to his Filipino manager, Mr. Alvin. Alvin is the workshop’S manager and a mechanic as well.
On hearing about the problem, Alvin requested that we take the car out for a test drive. After the test drive, he explained the issue and identified the parts that needed to be replaced to fix it. I was pleased that he had found a solution, and so I told him to proceed. He asked me if I wanted original BMW parts or OEM parts, but I did not know the difference. So I asked them to explain how the two differed, and they explained. After knowing the difference, I chose to get original BMW parts because safety was the priority. They agreed and started working on the car.
I stayed at the workshop throughout the repair, observing and checking the process to make sure everything went down well. When the parts arrived, I casually asked Alvin if they were original BMW parts and he told me that they were original. They started replacing the parts, but along the way, I began to doubt the genuineness of those parts as I don’T recall seeing those parts in BMW packaging. So I decided to enquire further. I went into the office and checked with the Filipino admin lady, who assured me that they were indeed original BMW parts.
However, for some reason, I still had my doubts. Therefore, at this point, I decided to be more cautious by recording my conversation with Alvin. I went outside to the workshop and asked him the same thing again, and he insisted that they were original BMW parts.
The repair went on until around 4 pm when I collected the car. However, upon inspection, I realized that there were still some problems with the car. Alvin suggested changing the car’S lower and control arm to solve the problem, and I agreed. Unfortunately, even after changing the lower and control arm, the problem did not go away. Therefore, I decided to leave the car in the workshop as I felt that it was unsafe to drive it overnight.
I went back to the workshop the next morning, and they were puzzled by some of the issues that I brought up. I suggested disassembling the parts and conducting a thorough check to assess the issues. Upon disassembling the parts, they realized that they had not secured my car stabilizer back properly. After securing the stabilizer back, everything got back to normal except for some squeaky sound whenever the car goes over a hump. At that point I felt disappointed because I had to fork out another $900 for a replacement (lower and control arm) that was obviously not needed.
The squeaky sound got louder after I drove off from the workshop. I decided to go back to the workshop the next day to tell them about it. Alvin said that it was normal for the new parts, and it usually takes a few days to go away. I reluctantly agreed and went off.
Unfortunately, more problems kept arising. A few days later, I started experiencing some vibrations whenever I stepped on my brakes. I went back again, but this time around, the attitude of the mechanics wasn't pleasant. They ignored me and did not even bother to check my car. They disassociated themselves from the problem and claimed that the vibration fault had nothing to do with them. I was very disappointed with their attitude and went off to another workshop.
The second workshop checked out the problem and agreed to fix it. While they were fixing it, I asked the mechanic if those parts that I had replaced at the F1 Autos Workshop were original BMW parts, and he confirmed my fears that they were not.
I was very surprised and immediately contacted Alvin and told him that I had discovered that the parts they had replaced for me were not original but rather OEM parts. Alvin immediately tried to shift the blame by claiming that it was a mistake by his admin lady. I reminded him that I triple-checked with him and the lady on that day, and they confirmed that the parts were original. So I asked him to be honest with me because I had recorded our conversation.
Hearing that I had recorded our conversation, he said that he was willing to do something for me as long as I don't report the matter to the authority. He suggested returning my money and replacing the OEM parts with my old parts, but I rejected his proposals. I informed him that I was no longer comfortable with his workshop handling my car. Instead, I proposed sending my car to another workshop to have the parts replaced with genuine BMW parts, and for him to cover the price difference. He agreed and told me to send him the quotation from a workshop of my choice and let him know the price difference.
Two days later, I went back to the second workshop to obtain a quotation. I then went to F1 Autos Car Workshop and showed Alvin the quotation. He asked me to wait for a few minutes as he needed to talk to his boss and I patiently waited at the workshop for about 10 mins. He later came back claiming that he was not able to reach his boss and ask me to leave; He would contact me later in the day. He did not call me back but instead, his boss, Michael contacted me around 6 pm on the same day.
I explained the whole story to the boss, and the conversation went well until he made an absurd statement, "I know what kind of dirty tricks you are up to," He said. I was completely shocked and lost my patience. I told him that if that was what he felt, then we had nothing else to talk about, but I would be reporting the matter to the authority. He even went ahead to make some nastier comments and I hanged up. A couple of minutes later, he called me back, but I did not pick his call.
Now I’M going to the authorities to report this matter and let them investigate it.
Management Response by F1 Autos Pte Ltd
29-Apr-2017

Dear Yew Leong Yeo,

We do not appreciate such baseless accusations from unscrupulous customers such as yourself. I can assure you, this business was not set up to cheat you or the public, however, I am uncertain as to whether the same can be said of you.

The facts presented to me are simple.

1) You came to our workshop to get your car repaired
2) My mechanics did the job.
3) You came back and complained of a vibration when you stepped on the brake to which my mechanics advised that you needed to get your brakes skimmed.
4) You brashly declined and said you would take it to Performance Motors to check
5) You claim you recorded a conversation with my staff (such a suspicious character)
6) You then apparently go to BMW and get an invoice from them for $3800 and demand that we pay $2800 of it. Claiming that our parts we used were not original BMW parts.
7) You threathened and verbally abused my staff. Being a foreigner and also under duress, he offered you a refund if you would give us back the parts. You said No and even demanded we pay the $2800 to an UNNAMED workshop.
8) I did call you once. You got upset and hung up. YOU CALLED ME BACK. I have the call records saved. Will be happy to share with you.

Based on the facts above, if my mechanic did indeed offer you a refund despite being under duress and his want to appease an unhappy customer, it is something that we will honour. However, if you still insist on keeping the parts, as well as have us pay you $2800, it seems to me that you are trying to profit from your little exercise.

I do not know what transpired between yourself and my mechanic, but I would very much like to hear your recording of the conversation. The very fact that you walked into my shop with the intention of recording my staff makes us all very highly suspicious of your actions. Also, you failed to provide any official documentation about the invoice from the BMW workshop you brought the car to. You gave my mechanic a handwritten quote.

This kind of malicious allegations will not be taken lightly. In fact, I have already alerted the same authorities of your actions, and we will be launching a full investigation into this matter. If indeed there is foul play, we will not hesitate to initiate legal proceedings against you or any parties involved.

MMM45
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Aug-2016
High recommended  Posted on 29-Aug-2016
Centrally located workshop with competent and responsive staff. Mechanics are solid. Quite a lot of supercars come here for servicing as well. Management Response

Summernbelle
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Aug-2016
Excellent service and technical know how  Posted on 29-Aug-2016
This is the workshop to go if you like -

1. Excellent and friendly service