Consumer Reviews of 8 Cushion Pte Ltd

3.9/5

Ngyengseng
1 forum posts Joined on 24-Dec-2005
Cabriolet Soft Top water leakage test  Posted on 19-Jul-2019
Just went down to 8 Cushion and request for their Cabriolet soft top water leakage test. Water leakage test accordingly to them takes 1 day and cost is SGD160, it looks like they are professional and able to perform detailed checks. I was extremely disappointed of their poor service level and wrong communication of results verbally.

Before i send the car into 8 Cushion, it was sent to one of the car workshop to check on engine and transmission issue, etc... Where i requested the workshop to do a quick check on the water leakage. The normal workshop, found serious leakage (I.E. Droplet of water for every seconds) at the soft top and able to take video to show the leakage.

Without highlighting this leakage issue to 8Cushion, i sent the car in and left it over night for them to check for leakage. To my surprised, the next day they call me and claimed that there is no leak. I went down to collect the car and trying to find out what do they means by no leak, and show them the video taking by the normal workshop. They even trying to question me why i didn't highlight the leaks them before, it just show how unprofessional they are. They are suppose to detect leakages. And they requested for me to leave the car again over night for them to check again. The best part is, after the 8 Cushion manager questions the worker who conducted the checks, he said there are leakages!!!

Imagine, after you leave your car there 1 day where they just use water hose to shower over and another worker in the interior check for leaks, "Normal" Workshop took 20 mins max, and definitely not SGD 160. The 8 Cushion manager can't even understand her worker checks results and conveniently communicate wrong results.

Luckily, the normal workshop did a quick check on the water leakage for me first, if not i will be bluff by 8 Cushion on their unprofessional attitude and work done.
Management Response by 8 Cushion Pte Ltd
04-Sep-2019

Hi, I am writing from 8 Cushion and we apologise for the experience you had.

At the onset, the office lady you spoke to is a very honest person and full of integrity in discharging her duties. Unfortunately there was a communication error and misunderstanding, that day for which we are coaching her and will ensure is not repeated in future.

The result of the test was reported to me but I stepped out of the office when you arrived to pick up the car. However before I left, I told her, to tell you there was a leak on the left hand side top window and not anywhere else. If it rains and the car was stationary, it SHOULD NOT LEAK. Not unless pressured hose water was directed at the rubber seals on the left window top.

You might have misunderstood the message that was passed. Based on my conversation with her on, why she did not manage to explain to you “professionally” that day, was because she felt uncomfortable and at loss, by the video you showed her. The video showed you have already done the check somewhere else before you came to us — which you initially denied — she felt intimidated and that the trust between you and her was challenged. That might have resulted in loss of “confidence”. Furthermore, based on the video you showed, the leak was profuse and obvious, we did not think we could have missed that, as we take great pride in the quality of work we do, one of the reasons you came to us.

In regards with the $160 you paid, it included water leak checks not only on the roof, but also to boot and cabin floor carpets because you mentioned you wish to make sure we check for any and all leaks. It also included adjustment of rubber seals to try to prevent the leak or slight modification to the part(s) so long as it solves the issue. Apparently those seals on was “old and tired” whereby a new one was required. Our general procedure and common practice is that if you change the rubber seals with us, we will waive off the $160 on the labour and new seals.

We agree with the statement “wrong communication of results verbally” you quoted there and once again would like to reiterate such incidences will not happen. The corrective measures are put in place.
Please feel free come to our office and we can make it right for you with a waiver of, the $160 if you feel we “haven’t done enough” to troubleshoot the issue.

We always put our customers on top priority, our very many happy customers are a testament to it. We put our full faith in what has been explained to us, to provide effective and timely service/resolution. For that matter, we hope for a genuine and proper problem statement.

Bak_Koon
2 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2016
Good service and price is fair  Posted on 03-Nov-2016
I m driving a Jetta & Wanna get a door panels fixed. I found them at Bukit Merah. All their big cars like Bentley, Aston, Land Rover all there kind of made me felt expensive but no. Price is very fair and reasonable for their excellent workmanship. Boss has explained to me why my door lining fell off its place in details. Look for Jeff or Sulin. Thumbs up! Post Management Response

Joochiatkid
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2012
Nice service good workmanship  Posted on 15-Oct-2012
2nd time changing my SL top with them. As always, nice workmanship and fitted perfect! Appointment with them took long queue though, but work is fast. Most importantly cool service! Post Management Response

WestCoast666
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Jan-2012
Disappointed service provider  Posted on 15-Jan-2012
Of possible, do try to avoid engaging them. Lousy service, hiden agenda, dishonesty. As service was offered at a price but not fulfilled as promise and most alarming is that when repair my soft top it has caused other damage to it. Post Management Response

Khingsiong
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Apr-2010
 Posted on 24-Apr-2010
Just did up the top of my car today. Exceptionally well done. Good service too. Post Management Response

Joandng
1 forum posts Joined on 01-Sep-2009
 Posted on 22-Jan-2010
Redid my car cushions there, look for Annie.super nice and efficient. Post Management Response

Guyferdleong
68 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
 Posted on 14-Dec-2008
Have my Kia Rio LS seat done over there.. quote me at $550 for PVC leather and the workmanship was very good.. look like real leather .. highly recommended and lady boss is friendly Post Management Response

Superboi