Consumer Reviews of Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Flying_genie
731 forum posts Joined on 10-Feb-2007
Good skills  Posted on 18-May-2019
Went to 3 other workshops to try to diagnose a knocking sound, presumably from suspension. All the 3 different workshops gave different diagnosis. Decided to try Fong Kim as they are known for exhaust and suspension work. Was impressed with foreman Ah Hua when he diagnosed the problem correctly; Incidentally unrelated to suspension but with the tie rod end. Offered solutions and the problem was fixed.

Workshop is rather small in size. Very simple and basic waiting area upstairs. Crowded around the workshop area.

Price wise, not the cheapest. But, I'll return for the skills of the workmen. Post Management Response

shrjun
215 forum posts Joined on 22-Sep-2014
Remus axle back installation  Posted on 04-Feb-2019
I have only nice things to say about Mr Raymond and his team.Wanted a Remus axle-back for my BMW F20.Initial response via WhatsApp with Mr Raymond was positive and the order was placed without fuss.I visited their Ubi workshop on delivery of the exhaust and the car was quickly on the lift with exhaust installation completed quickly.Got the cert stamped at STA within the week after inspection.Quick and painless and post installation queries and communication with Raymond was also polite and service friendly.Thanks!

Post Management Response

Ultimax
57 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2009
Good experience from start to finish  Posted on 14-Nov-2018
Had lowering springs installed at Fong Kim. My car isn't common so I had to purchase them online. Contacted Fong Kim via Facebook and Dylan replied almost immediately. His quote for labour was reasonable and he freely offered it. Some places want you to go down before they even talk to you. I was advised to make an appointment but I tried my luck and managed to drive in to have them installed on a weekday afternoon. Whole thing took about an hour and a half. I guess I was lucky as I literally drove into the bay and the mechanics started work immediately. Didn't even have the time to take "Before" Photos because everything moved so quickly. All in I really can't think of anything which could have been improved. Very happy with my experience at Fong Kim!

Post Management Response

song77
77 forum posts Joined on 21-Apr-2018
Positive Experience  Posted on 01-May-2018
Raymond attended to me personally. I explained to him my vehicle cannot take 100%-120% Full load (i.E: 5 big guys), else during mounting and dismounting there will be "Tilam spring scratching" Sound which is irritating. I seldom hit full load. But the vehicle has no problem on the road with full load, and no issues when crossing humps.

Fearing it is suspension issue as my ride is getting old, my AD inspected the vehicle and remarked the suspension is fine. Similarly, my regular workshop, commented there is nothing wrong with the suspension. The interesting part is that the issue cannot be replicated easily.

When the AD and trusted workshop both commented the suspension is fine. Then what is the problem?

A friend recommended me to Fong Kim because they have a good reputation for exhaust and suspension systems.

I recounted the incident to Raymond. Raymond jacked-up the car and similarly commented the suspension is fine as there is no leakage. He recommended me to change to a aftermarket coilover because the stock suspension in my vehicle is relatively soft (Yes. It is a comfortable ride). He confidently told me that it will definitely resolve the problem. I have never seen such confidence in a workshop before. He did highlight that the drive will be slightly rougher after the change which is perfectly fine with me.

Two hours later, Raymond confidently informed me that the problem is resolved and he tested the vehicle with full load.

During payment, I was told I could pay by credit card with no extra charges! Pleasant surprise but since I promised to pay by NETS and Raymond offered me a small discount, I honoured my word.

It has been a couple of days and I never hear that irritating "Tilam scratching" Sound again, even during the occasional full load.

Thumbs up! Post Management Response

tuatootan
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Apr-2017
Blacked heart technician  Posted on 11-Apr-2017
About 2 weeks ago I sent my Axio to check the suspension system,
The car was too bumpy because it was replaced by a very strong or rather too hard suspensions,
The technician happens to have 4 used suspensions and quoted me $200 plus.
When I agreed he quickly raised the price to $400.
As I am not so particular about few hundreds I agreed with the price.

After replacing the suspension the technician told me that the driver side got a lower arm or something like that broken. Need to change.

As I was running out of time I told him will do that next time.
There after technician told me the car must go for alignment ,which I agreed and paid $50 .

After the repair, the undercarriage got loud sound. Due to a busy schedule, I did not do anything until today (11-4-2017).

I sent to another workshop to check. The finding was the suspensions did not tighten properly. I am lucky the suspension did not give way. Otherwise, I will be dead now.
Management Response by Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
19-Apr-2017

Dear Sir,
We refer to your complaint as stated above and we have investigated this incident with our mechanic who actually served you on 22/03/2017 when you visited our garage. On the day of the incident, you complained that your existing aftermarket coilovers (R.*****) had been too stiff to your liking as you had just gotten the car and as per our usual practice, our staffs would normally advise our customers to either replace them with our own brand of coilovers or a brand new set of original suspension system.
However, due to your budget constraint, our staff actually took the initiative to assist you by searching high and low in our warehouse to see if he was able to find a reconditioned set of original suspension system that would have resolved both of your issues be it the feel of the suspension system and within a comfortable budget for you. The pricing which you highlighted had been correct as he quoted you $250.00 for the used set of original suspension system that included the shock absorbers, springs, top mounts etc. and on top of that, the labour charges plus computerized wheel alignment that eventually amounted to $400.00 as stated clearly in your complaint.
Please also take note that you admitted that our mechanic took the initiative beyond his call of duty to even check your car's undercarriage to inform you that there was an additional part of your car that needed replacement, bearing in mind that your car was pretty old and such wear and tear were inevitable. In addition, you mentioned that your undercarriage had a loud sound after the repair and please be advised that our company would always test drive and check our customer's car after repair to ensure that everything is fine before we allow the customer to drive off his car with a peace of mind and if such loud noise appeared, we would never have allowed you to drive off and this can proven by countless of our loyal customers.
You also mentioned that you did not do anything until 11/04/2017 which seemed pretty unconvincing as nobody would drive his car so long with the "loud noise" as you mentioned since you visited us on 22/03/2017 which was like almost a period of 3 weeks and also your final point seemed baseless as any workshop would agree with us that if we did not tighten the suspension system properly, it would have given way within a few days and not allowing you to drive for 3 weeks!
Last but not least, we fully understand that some workshops tend to be our competitors and we are never surprised if there's one that badmouthed us and provided you with false information and we would like to take this opportunity to correct you that our team of mechanics are never "black-hearted", otherwise we would have just upsell you the more expensive options instead of helping you to find a cheaper alternative and in the end, resulting in "Kindness doesn't always beget kindness". Finally, our market reputation is built up over decades and we will never compromise our integrity and trust of our customers over a set of used suspension system and we are always there to provide our customers with the best aftersales service and technical support.

Yours sincerely,
Raymond Tan
Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
Hp: 9845 7540
www.fongkim.com.sg

pm_yeo
2 forum posts Joined on 08-Oct-2014
New Coilover for my Estima  Posted on 30-Dec-2015
A pleasant experience dealing with Jeff for a coilover replacement. The price is reasonable and competitive. The only thing is the outlet is really busy and jammed pack with cars - so may have to wait a little longer than expected. Otherwise, very good service and quality of work received. Post Management Response

sukamain
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Feb-2015
Excellent product  Posted on 07-Oct-2015
Bought a BC coilover and their CJ brakes almost a year ago for my I30 and till now I have no regrets about the purchase. The brakes are solid. The staffs are friendly and always helpful, even the boss is a humble man. Post Management Response

Evan
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Sep-2010
FK-mise my A6  Posted on 05-Jul-2015
Fong Kim Ubi Outlet---> Tried & Tested

Went to Ubi outlet to change the exhaust tip for my Audi after "Graffiti-zation" To complete the look.

The "Gao shou" (expert--uncle in glasses) is in this outlet I tell you.
Amazing work! Post Management Response

Matoonia
1588 forum posts Joined on 29-Apr-2010
Good and prompt service - Wheel alignment  Posted on 01-Apr-2015
I had recently changed suspension at a workshop in Kaki Bukit, and advised to do wheel alignment. Drove over to Fong Kim at Paya Ubi, but was advised that wheel alignment service is only available at Ubi Road 1. Drove over and was attended to immediately. Picked up the car in 1 hour. Great service. Post Management Response

RsKathi
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Dec-2014
SIMOTA INTAKE - JAG XF  Posted on 29-Mar-2015
Went there for a ECU upgrade only to find out that it does not fit non turbo cars. Since the exhaust was sounding bad, asked them to look into it and the tech attending was very good and recommended that the air intake is upgraded since the ECU did not pan out. Very happy with Simota and the exhaust note. Excellent job. Will recommend. Post Management Response

Ramt
23 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2012
Excellence Service  Posted on 09-Sep-2014
Went to fongkim Yesterday to repair my exhaust. Spoke to dylan, he is very friendly and knowledgeable , his technician has also done a great job on fixing up my exhaust

Overall, a great experience there.

They have a comfortable resting area and dylan also turn on the tv with movies for customer to view while i was waiting for my car Post Management Response

Shad1e
3 forum posts Joined on 20-Dec-2012
Fujitsubo Legalis R for ZC31s  Posted on 30-Mar-2014
Had done my servicing recently with them and was welcome by the friendliness of the staff. Dylan handled my sales queries well and wasn't pushy.

I came back about a month after to purchase my fujitsubo legalis r exhaust with them. Initially made an appointment on a Saturday morning however I was trying my luck to get it done on Friday evening after work instead. I'm quite impressed that they were able to accommodate a slot on a rainy evening. The whole process took about 45mins with the paper work and installation done thoroughly.

Fuss free and efficient. Would like to commend the mechanic for doing a good job and helping me wrap and pack my stock exhaust into the back of the car.

Highly recommended. Post Management Response

wsho80
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Nov-2013
Drift Racing Full Exhaust System for Civicfd4  Posted on 16-Nov-2013
First and foremost, thanks Raymond from Fong Kim and his gd colleagues whom have installed the above onto my ride, his technical expertise is very comprehensive, thumbs up!! I am on auto transmission, loss in low end, probably slight significance or perhaps I'm too engrossed in the exhaust sound, solid bassy wow! !! In addition, I also installed the throttle response controller which had 3 mode, still exploring on the difference each time I play with the settings, anyway thanks bro. See u next mth, im doing on coil over.

Best Regards,
Keith Lee
16/11/2013 :) Post Management Response

BeaJag
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Aug-2013
Experience here is splendid!  Posted on 08-Oct-2013
Got my aftermarket exhaust mufflers and a set of coilovers here at Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd, and let me tell you something, my experience here is splendid! With a very efficient manpower, my Fujitsubo exhaust was installed within moments! The coilovers were also installed without much hassle, and they had provided me with informative tips on what to do with my new coilovers. Upon driving out, I had a smile on my face, literally. With my awesome exhaust system now and fantastic coilovers, along with awesome service from Fong Kim Exhaust System, how can I not leave smiling! Post Management Response

Ramt
23 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2012
Excellent work  Posted on 08-Sep-2013
Ii went down to fong kim to fix up my exhaust on a Saturday and the staff were very efficient! No waiting time at all, I called ah hua just 5 mins before going he tell me ok, can come. And i drove in, they attended to my car immediately, excellent work done by their worker! and good service too. i prefer fong kim out of all the other exhaust shops, visit their new branch and look for ah hua, very friendly guy. Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »