Consumer Reviews of Stamford Tyres

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Ka_kia
0 forum posts Joined on 09-May-2019
One Stop Service  Posted on 13-May-2019
Stamford Tyres offers a one stop service for mostly car related issues. I have visited the Lok Yang outlets several times for the below services

1) Rims and tyres change. The staff are willing to help u swap out your old rims and fix it to other person's vehicle (as i am selling my old rims and tyres)

2) Able to help tidy dash cam wiring and free up your cigarette lighter slot

3) Able to DIY and replace washer nozzle of other vehicle's brand

4) Tyres got nails and the mobile service is a life saver. Able to reach you at the location to assist.

Lok Yang 2nd floor also has a lobby with power point for you to chill while they get your car fixed. Also there are tons of car accessories where you can shop. I ahve gotten the TPMS and a hummer H3 car battery jumpstart power bank there too.

14-May-2019

Hi, thank you for the wonderful review & rating. We appreciate it that you have taken the time to write this review and we will continually improve our services. Again, thank you.

Stamford Tyres

Ycchee
7 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2007
Quick, efficient and friendly service  Posted on 29-Jan-2019
Quick, efficient and friendly service. I had a punctured tyre. Came here on 28 January 2019 at around 8.45am morning. The mechanic helped to take out the tyre and showed me that there was a screw stuck between the tyre tracks. He pulled out the screw and applied sealant. I was charged $10 and after making payment at the cashier next door, the patched tyre was already mounted back and the car was ready to be driven off. All these done within 5 minutes! Would recommend Stamford Tyres. Post Management Response

Savagetosh
Premium User Savagetosh
59 forum posts Joined on 25-Jun-2011
Stamford Tyres Kakit Bukit  Posted on 11-Feb-2018
Went to Stamford Tyres for, well, tires and rims change. I got a good deal for my tires and rims, and also the service was top-notch. Post Management Response

Jfchong
Premium User Jfchong
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Dec-2009
2 times for the same tyre repair  Posted on 03-Oct-2017
Got a nail in my tyre leading to air leak.
Went to the branch at Jurong to fix it on 21 Sep 2017.
Cost me $15, which is 50% More than some other shops.

Today, 03 Oct 2017, my car gave me an alarm on low tyre pressure on the same tyre again (which was repaired on 21 Sep).
I went back to the same shop and the technician found that the leak is coming from the repair that was done on 21 Sep at the same shop, which is only less than 2 week ago.

The technician there fixed it for me (hopefully this time is really fixed) and was asked to pay another $15 again.
I told the staff there that this was just fixed at your shop in less than 2 weeks ago.
The staff there just told me.. This is wear and tear .. No warranty...
I was thinking like less than 2 weeks and you say wear and tear?

Will never go back again....
10-Oct-2017

Hi Jfchong,

We are sorry for your poor experience at the Stamford Jurong Retail Centre. Kindly forward your contact number & car number plate to us so that we can be in touch with you.

Warmest regards,
Management of Stamford Tyres

coolbluepica
555 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2015
Exemplary customer service  Posted on 24-Jun-2016
Being patroning Stamford tyres at AMK auto point branch for years on my old ride and now new ride. Always get Conti tyres from them and tyre balancing and nitrogen refill. Good service and they are not calculative on small helping hands fix. Good advise on other car aspects for eg in car audio, tyres, rims, servicing etc. They offer free tyre patching and balancing. It is like a tyres technical support that you have someone taking care of your rims and tyres for years. Post Management Response

LimpehAaron
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Jul-2013
Kaki Bukit Branch - Quality Servicing  Posted on 02-Jun-2016
Went down on Monday and did my oil change at Stamford. I took up the Caltex Havoline 5W40, Cause keep listen to the radio X-Men promo. I gotten my x-men goodie bag and the staff in Stamford explain to me the good thing about this oil. It have the deposits shield to help to protect the engine.

They also advise me to flush my coolant as they have equipment to check the tester to check my coolant quality. He didn't hard sell, which I really like the whole experience. I am able to decide on my own accord.

I find this package is very value for money. Not very expensive. And after a few days of driving, my car rev better. I will sure go back and look for the same mechanic as he give me some tips on tyres too.

Good job Stamford Tyres! Post Management Response

Markyuan1929
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Dec-2006
Something amiss for changing rims and tyres at Stamford tyres loyang  Posted on 01-Jun-2016
I went to Macpherson Stanford tyres on 23 May. I was looking for rims and tyres, and i was quoted S$1514 for 18 inch rim PCD 10.8 X 5 plus Continental tyres. I didnt ask about tyre profile as the rim couldn't fit into my car.
On 28 May, i went to Loyang Stamford, i was offered S$2300 for 18 inch rims and continental tyre 235/45/R18. I told the staff i had been offered S$1514 for almost the same rims, only different was full chrome and gun powder black . The staff told me it was impossible to offer me S$1514 as the tyre itself cost S$300 on promotion. So after the 2 staff having internal discussion, they offered me rims (gun powder black) plus Continental tyre 225/40/R18 at S$1500. I accepted the offer. While waiting for the rims to be delivered to loyang branch, i went to make payment by debit card. Very interesting, after making payment, i asked for the receipt for few times but the cashier staff kept on telling me he would bring the official receipt to me later and it took him more than 30 mins to do so after the rims arrived and installed. Wondering was there a lapse in this practice.
Anyway, i m writing in because i just felt i was shortchanged.
I was told the tyre was S$238 for 225/40/R18. Simple calculation as follows:
Tyre 225/40/R18 -- S$238 X 4 = S$952.
Rim S$137 X 4 = S$548
Total : S$1500 (Inclusive of GST) - I paid this exact amount.

Tyre 235/45/R18 - S$300 x 4 = S$1200
Rim x 4 = S$548
Total : S$1748. - How did the staff offered me S$2300 for rims and this tyre profile? Was there a misrepresentation in legal point of view?

Assuming i heard wrongly , the tyre CSC5 235/45/R18 was S$433.35 (price extracted from tyrepac before discount), it should be S$1733.40 + S$548 = S$2281.40. It was quite close to S$2300. However, i don't think Stamford will be selling this price because i was told by the staff that Stamford was having promotion for rims and tyres.

Could Stamford management please clarify? Thanks.
02-Jun-2016

Dear Sir, the $2300 offered is based on Continental Seal Tyres. You can look into the unique technology http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/car/technology/extended-mobility-main/contiseal We hope that we clarify your issue on the price and explanation.

SusuLembu
0 forum posts Joined on 03-May-2016
Horrible workshop at Admiralty Northlink branch  Posted on 03-May-2016
Went to STamford Tyre to get engine light up check out. Diagnosis cost $35 as mech said. After checking, told me my ignition coil #1 is bad. Mechanic asked me to change all Ignition coil & Spark plugs.

Asked him how much is Ignition coil, he says original will cost me $280/pc, so 4 pieces will be $1120?? Asked for OEM, he say $200/pc. WTF. So I told him to just change one OEM Ignition coil for $200. He asked me to change spark plugs, quote me $20/pc --- thats $80. I say no need. This mechanic really think I'm Robert for him to chop carrot.

After changing 1 pc Ignition coil, I went to spare parts distributor & Ask him how much is my car original Ignition coil -- he say only $90/pc, OEM cost $60/pc. I bought OEM 3 pcs and install myself.

This Stamford Tyre is a rip off. How can you try to cheat customer for work that only cost $240 for $1120?????

No wonder shop so empty.

This mechanic has the cheek to ask me if I want to change other stuff like mounting etc etc .... All at ridiculously $.

I think Sporean has been too nice and easy to let all these workshop chop your carrot. Time to stand up!!!
We understand that rental can be ex ... But to mark up 500%.. Now thats ridiculous.
26-May-2016

Hi SusuLembu,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the incident that you encountered at our Admiralty branch. I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns seriously, so what you have experienced is inexcusable.

I do fully understand that you will find it more expensive to do the repair with us compared to yourself. When we change parts, usually there is a three month warranty given. In Stamford Tyres, every customer who comes to our shop, we will do extensive checks with various equipment that we have been investing on to keep up with the demands of our customers. The professional assessment, labour costs, and rental are part of the pricing that we will consider. However, we speak with our business and we will offer aftersales support and warranties to our customers once they have purchased from us. In the process of it, we help our customers to save time and give professional advice on the car conditions. We always believe in preventive maintenance.

To extend our friendship with Stamford tyres, I would like to share with you a token of appreciation. Your review has been greatly beneficial to us. We will continue to strive and work hard on customer experience. Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing this with us and we do hope that you will continue to support us!

Your Sincerely,
Theresa

Justingemini
Premium User Justingemini
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Nov-2010
Prompt and Satisfactory Service  Posted on 13-Aug-2015
I had been to Stamford Tyres Megamarts – Kaki Bukit when one of my tyres had got punchered. Overall the service was prompt and very satisfactory. After fixing my tyre the mechanic said there is no charge for the service as my tyres were bought from one of the Stamford dealers by my previous car owner. I was amazed as I had no clue of where the alloy wheels were purchased and I have never encountered anyone so genuine to say that it was purchased from their dealers. I would recommend them to anyone for their honesty and absolute service. Post Management Response

Smoothscott
Premium User Smoothscott
232 forum posts Joined on 08-Nov-2012
Average servicing experience  Posted on 19-Aug-2014
Went to Lok yang outlet with the free servicing voucher. The mechanic did provide quite a comprehensive check and servicing such as rotating the all four of my tyres and looking for any cracks in them. However, the mechanic did not have a really good knowledge about the different type of transmission fluid for different cars and use a CVT oil instead of a normal atf for my car. I pointed out to him and he feedback to his supervisor from the office and they went to check on it.

After a while, I check with the supervisor to see if they got the correct atf for my car he replied in a hasty and deep voice, telling me not to worry and its up to them worry about the issue. I was quite shocked to get their response, imagined what would have happen if I did not sound off to the mechanic at that point in time. My car would probably be running on a CVT fluid.

Note, I'm driving a bnb jap car. Post Management Response

Evojason
Premium User Evojason
12 forum posts Joined on 05-Mar-2013
went ther to change aircon filter and buy car shampoo  Posted on 19-Aug-2014
Their service is good they helped me find the filter and install Post Management Response

Kingkong
Premium User Kingkong
1208 forum posts Joined on 12-Jun-2006
Great servicing experience  Posted on 02-Aug-2014
Did my servicing in Lok Yang using their service voucher worth $138. Was impressed that a pre-service check was performed before the actual servicing takes place. The area that need additional services was conveyed to the customer, as those are not covered by the voucher. No pushing to take up the additional services needed. Upon deciding what additional tasks needs to be done, the servicing starts, and are performed nicely. A test drive was performed before handing the car back to customer. I left instruction to retain the old spark plugs, which was done dutifully.

Price quoted for additional services are on the high side.

On the whole, it was a great experience servicing in Stamford Tyres.

Note : Mine is a BB Jap car. Post Management Response

Fuelsaver
Premium User Fuelsaver
Turbocharged
5171 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2009
10k km servicing  Posted on 11-Jul-2014
Used the free servicing voucher worth $138 today using shell helix ultra engine oil. Good thing that they check what is listed in the checklist and also did battery check with print out, which I think some workshops may not do it at similar price. Also rotated & balanced my front tyres. Quite value if you ask me for this price and I was using voucher (which I felt free one may not get on par service usually).

I only felt kinda overpriced when the batteries they quoted me were $160 for Motorlite and $240 for Amaron din66 and the timing belt package were $700. In the end, I told them I'd consider. Post Management Response

Niece_Son
Premium User Niece_Son
11 forum posts Joined on 24-May-2012
Friendly Service Staff  Posted on 05-Feb-2014
Stamford @ Loyang have a friendly mechanic and that is the 1st time i visited,
That was the time i need to change my truck tyre. Current tyre was Conti but the size i need was out of stock, so they politely recommend me Falken instead but i have to wait for next working day. the very next day they called me up to tell me the stock was in and ask me to drive down and get it change in no time.
their tyre price is on the high side. Post Management Response

Teobryan
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Jan-2010
Excellent Service  Posted on 30-Sep-2012
Was at ST's new Kaki Bukit branch. Mr Ang, outlet manager and his crew did an excellent job in recommending me a set of 17" SSW rims & Falken's latest model tyres for my Forester. Also did a wheel alignment for all 4 wheels. I am certainly impressed by their expertise and service quality. Will not hesitate to go back to them again. Well done and keep it up!!! Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »