Consumer Reviews of Hong Leong Finance Limited

alanchia
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Mar-2016
Payment Issues  Posted on 30-Mar-2016
To All car buyers opting for Hong Leong Finance,

I just bought a Mazda 6 (2 months) and have got car finance loan from Hong Leong Finance. This is possibly my biggest mistake of using Hong Leong Finance among alll the other loans I have taken from other finance company. This are the following issues I encounter when taking loan from them.

1) There are no SAM or AXS payment mode.
2) There are no internet banking paymernt mode.
3) Cash / Cheque / GIRO payment payment mode only.
4) Cash payment only at brunch which opens from 9am to 4.30pm (Weekdays) and 9am to 12.30pm (Saturday)
5) late payment interest will start on the 5th day of the payment due date.

Because, of the limited payment mode and restricted time they open, I can only make payment on saturday as this is the only convenient time due to work schedule. I have been charge late payment. Honestly, I have been charged extra on top of my usual loan interest.

What I am trying to highlight here is, Hong Leong Finance does not provide the lowest interest rate and yet the limited mode of payment restrict your payment schedule. There is no comprimise on their end. So far, I have to pay late payment fees due to their limited opening hours and lack of alternative payment methods. Please consider your payment schedule first before selecting Hong Leong Finance (Unfortunately, I was not aware of such restriction and I am paying for my lack of research)

Final advise, if you are choosing for a finance company, select a company which has multiple mode of payment so that you will not be charged extra late payment whcih is something not within your control. Post Management Response

Merchant Logo Hong Leong Finance Limited