Consumer Reviews of RS Automotive Pte Ltd

3.3/5

natcool
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Jul-2015
Excellent service!  Posted on 04-Aug-2015
I had been having problems with the AT in my car and figured I would give richard a try. The real problem ended up being solved with some minor repair in the solenoid and the job made a significant improvement after that repair.
Worked great, transmission is shifting smoothly. Post Management Response

K_TechAuto
8 forum posts Joined on 21-May-2006
Fleet mantainace for Van servicing  Posted on 04-Jun-2015
RS Automotive provide us a minimal downtime, quality repairs and a fair price to our company fleet of vehicles since 2007. Post Management Response

Kwlow
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Dec-2008
Shady workshop  Posted on 07-Nov-2014
The below incident is based on my experience with them.

I first know Richard about 3 years back when I visited his workshop to ask for advice as my car door was a bit dented and asked if he could help to repair. He used a hammer to help get the dented part back into shape. It was a complimentary service and I thought that Richard looks like a honest mechanic back then. I had kept his card since if in the event I need his help on other services in future.

About 1 year back, my car air con was not working and no longer cold. It was a car that has been in use for 5 years so it is understandable that some air con parts has breakdown. I send my car in for his evaluation. After checking, it was the compressor that has started to leak. There was 2 types of compressor that was recommended, Original and OEM. An original compressor costs about $300+ and original compressor was about $400+. I told him I wanted something that is good and can last me till my car COE is over. He then recommend to change to an original one and the charges was at $492 after GST. I took his advice and went on to change to this "original" compressor and was told to come back to him if there was any problem.

1 years 2 months later, my air con broke down and was no longer cold again. I sent my car down for him to check and was told that the magnetic clutch in the compressor has broke down and need to be changed at a cost of about $280. It was then I decided to seek a 2nd opinion from another mechanic on this. I was then told by the 2nd opinion that the magnetic clutch is part of the compressor and should not have such a problem within such a short period of time. the 2nd mechanic told me that at the price I had paid, this cannot be an original compressor but more of an "after market" product (in other words fake). I then questioned Richard on how can parts breakdown within such a short period of time and if the part was original. He just replied that electronic parts are unpredictable and insisted that the part was original. I no longer trust him and did not proceed with the change of the magnetic clutch.

After going down to see the 2nd mechanic which my friend recommended today, he took a look and confirmed that the compressor as an "after market" product and not original. The 2nd mechanic offered to change just the magnetic clutch at $290 and do some maintenance for me. Needless to say, I will no longer patronize this ship ever again. I hope people will benefit from this incident and be careful about checking on the workshop before purchase. Post Management Response

Merchant Logo RS Automotive Pte Ltd