Consumer Reviews of AKA Car Rental

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
dennislim87
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Jul-2018
Good Service n Clean Car  Posted on 30-Jul-2018
My wife rented a honda jazz from aka car rental and we are very happy with the car and service. Clean car and saw cockroach repellent in the car to prevent pest. Good maintenance for car cleanliness. Kenny go through the car with my wife and teaches her how to start and getting used to the car. I like the service from aka car rental. Value for money for the service provided to my wife. Thk AKA Car Rental. Post Management Response

abdulkamal
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Jul-2018
Best Car Rental!!!  Posted on 17-Jul-2018
Get to know aka car rental from my friends who always rent from them. Tip top service from aka car rental. I like how they clean and vacuum all the cars before they hand over to me and my friends. Tried other place when they are fully booked gonna say i will still go back to aka car rental because other rental company don't give me clean and comfy car like aka do. Not the cheapest you can ever find but service and comfortably is what you pay for !!!! Best !!!! (pict sent by fyn from aka car rental before i rent)

Post Management Response

NicholasLimDuanWen
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Jul-2018
Best Car Rental  Posted on 17-Jul-2018
Been renting many cars from Aka Car Rental ever since my friend recommend me this company. Collection and returning of vehicles is always very smooth and fast. Most importantly the cars are always clean and in tip top condition to drive and no troubles at all. Highly recommended 100 % ! If you plan to rent a car you can consider AKA CAR RENTAL ! Post Management Response

ValentChia
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Jul-2018
Good ride but not up to expectation.  Posted on 15-Jul-2018
I just recently rented a car from them as I wanted to experience driving on the main road. I just got my car licence last month so I wanted to rent a car to just drive around.

Initially I rented a hyundai avante but when I arrived, it wasn't here yet. So they gave me a free upgrade to a higher car, which I would like thank them for their service for that.

But during checking of car that time, the staff just did a casual checking on the car. He did not check it very promptly on the outside and because of that when I returned the car, I was made to pay for the whole damage which was already there. I did not took picture of it as I thought that he had already made the markings that it was already there, therefore I have to pay for my own mistake. The damage wasn't very visible and you have to touch it to know that there's a damage there.

The interior of car was good but it was not very clean like they advertise it. On first look it look like a very clean car. But while driving, we spotted few ants and small baby roaches around. This has disappointed me in their cleanliness of the car. The exterior of the car is not as clean as well as it has very visible watermarks on it.

The fog light of the car was not working as well. The small mirror above the driver seat was also cracked as well.

I'm not very satisfied with the way they gave me the explanation on the damages part. The car has lots of other small damages which wasn't fixed. I can understand that the paint can be hard to cover as the whole frame would need to be repaint, but small dents and some of the small damages was suppose to be fixable but it was not fixed. I asked if they did ask the previous owners to pay for it, they said yes but when asked why is it not fixed, they replied the same thing again.

All in all, the car was great and I appreciate that they gave me a free upgrade due to lateness of car arrival. But the damages part and customer service they provide are below what I expected. I can't sense the professionalism in them and I hope they can improve on it.
Management Response by AKA Car Rental
17-Jul-2018

Hi Valent Chia, apologies that you were not satisfied with our services.

We would like to clarify that my staff did went through damages on the car with you and got you to countersign that you know all the damages have been marked. You have taken all photos of every damage spotted too, even small chips before you drove the car off. The damage you have made was very visible and furthermore covered with temporary black marker, that explains why my staff have to touch to know there's a damage there. The difference in the paint is too huge to miss it. To be fair, my staff actually did showed you previous customer's record damages to give you a better understanding before proceeding to repair cost.

We ensure you all our cars are vacuumed before renting it out. Advices were given to all to not eat inside the car, but we're unable to force or stop them. Wear and tear are not predictable, but we do regular servicing and maintenance before the next customer rents.

Due to overwhelming response for this particular model, minor dents and scratches were not repaired. Minor chips occur almost everytime on the road as small stones and pebbles will hit the car as you're driving. However we do seek your understanding as all our cars are for rent, not everyone looks after our cars as their own. Thank you for your honest feedback, we will improve.

picaleo
0 forum posts Joined on 15-May-2018
Awesome Service  Posted on 15-May-2018
Perfect rental place for probation drivers. After passing my TP test, I did some research on rental companies before renting my first car. I saw quite a few rental companies - some are quite cheap but don't rent out to P-plate drivers; Some rent to P-plates but requires deposit and/or income proofs or additional surcharge; Some are very far from city. And I found AKA, they charge a bit more but reviews say they welcome P-plates, and located near Commonweath station. I'm happy that I made the right choice. Yes, they indeed attend every customer professionally. Check-in/out was smooth and staffs were friendly and explained everything I should know. Cars are clean and well maintained. Definitely coming back again. Keep up the good service! (Just be careful when you're going up/down the spiral ramp of the carpark. Mini-heart attack for the newbies haha!) Post Management Response

dennisleecrew
0 forum posts Joined on 07-May-2018
Perfect Car Rental Svc!  Posted on 07-May-2018
Rented a honda vezel at tip top condition and good customer service! Fuss free during collection of car. AKA Car Rental even put a umbrella for us incase it rain. Best customer service! Definitely renting from them again Post Management Response

Xuan_97
Premium User Xuan_97
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Sep-2017
They accept P-plates and no deposit require!  Posted on 30-Sep-2017
Have been renting from them ever since me and my friend was a P plate. It was a wonderful experience. Thanks Rachel for always making extra mile to help me get my bookings! The whole period of renting was always hassle free. Cars are well maintained and clean all the time. Collection of car is super quick as they always preprepared our contract terms upon collection. I highly recommend new driver or p plates to rent from them! Post Management Response

benedictong1992
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Sep-2017
Car Rental that accepts P-Plate. Fast and easy!  Posted on 07-Sep-2017
Reserved a car from AKA Car Rental and it was fuss free! Contacted the sales team and was asked to transfer a partial payment to reserve the car and the car will be book! Upon collection the staff there will go through the contract and highlight all the important points (which not many rental companies do), paper work process was fast. Rented a Honda Jazz for the weekend package and it was smooth. Returning of car was easy and fuss free. Car is clean, service is good! Will recommend AKA Car Rental to my friends who need a car! Post Management Response

Ronnietankl
0 forum posts Joined on 19-Feb-2016
Aka car rental review  Posted on 21-Feb-2016
Rented a Mazda 3 for 6 months, the car was very well maintain.
AKA after sales service is excellent. The car battery went flat on a Sunday afternoon, after calling them, the battery was replace within 2 hours.

Overall it was a awesome experience working with AKA.
Thank you !! Post Management Response

aprilatoon
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Dec-2015
Aka car rental review  Posted on 18-Dec-2015
I rent alot of cars from this company and this the best car rental i ever met. The cars are very sporty, well maintained and is super clean. Whenever i find the car has something faulty, they will solve the problem ASAP after being told. Their staff is super friendly and kind and doesn't give attitude when i want a change of car. Post Management Response

WeiLunLwl
Premium User WeiLunLwl
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Mar-2015
A Returning Customer  Posted on 11-Jul-2015
Had already set my eyes on AKA whenever i wanted to rent a car for personal use. This time, i rented the White Mazda 3 with legal exhaust and it was a pretty good experience for me. On the day of rental, there was quite a lot of people and the office was full but there was this staff in brown shirt who was helping of the printing of IC and Driving License who helped saved my time. While the other lady staff was explaining to 2 customers at the same time, the staff in brown shirt helped shorten my waiting time in less then 3 minutes and i was ready to head down to collect the car! (Until now, i still don't know a single one of their names..) Nevertheless, Thank you for your quick service. Including the ones who helped me with the seats and audio as i was a little bit confused on a car which i hasn't yet driven before.

Sports rims, low side skirts, a really small rear spoiler which i didn't even noticed it until the last day of rental and a really nice exhaust. More then a half of flooring the accelerator and be prepared to hear the exhaust coming to life. (Probably the one and only thing i love about this car)!

Fuel consumption of the car was great if i could control my right foot. Otherwise, it could easily be the opposite. Not sure if it was the suspension or something else but after going up and down a hump, there is a little bit of squeaking noise coming out from the back of the car.

Upon returning of the car, i was charged an extra $10 as I've it returned dirty. I had also gave the car a few washes the day before but probably it rained on Friday morning and somehow it made it dirty again. Not a big issue as it was part of my negligence here.

Nevertheless, AKA was still the best. I will always come and patron whenever i need a car for my personal usage. Thumbs up for Javis again this time although the reply from whatsapp was usually slow but I've learned to use normal message instead to get a quicker reply. :D Post Management Response

WeiLunLwl
Premium User WeiLunLwl
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Mar-2015
BEST Rental Company  Posted on 07-Mar-2015
It was my first time renting a car therefore was a little bit confused about the things required and stuffs. Contacted one of their staff Javis and he was really helpful enough to provide me with all the details that I've requested.

Was planning to rent the Avante but it had to be sent for servicing on that fateful day. Rented the Red Toyota Altis from Monday to Friday, which I've returned yesterday.
It was a joy ride for sure and after 2 days, one of the headlights didn't light up & one of the side mirrors was also giving me problems. Called them up, and they suggested me to visit their workshop so i went there, met their mechanic and he was explaining to me on the problem and how to solve it. It was really quick and it took less then 5 minutes. Thumbs up for both of the mech as they do things really quick and efficient! He gave me a complimentary ticket so i can exit without paying the gantry fees. The repair fees for the vehicle was also fully covered up by AKA!

The FC for the altis was still pretty decent. and overall all of the staffs I've met were amazing. I am definitely going to rent again real soon! Post Management Response

ericz520
Premium User ericz520
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Feb-2015
Awesome Car Rental  Posted on 12-Feb-2015
Rented a Mitsubishi Lancer Glx (Sliver) from AKA Car Rental. I rented the Lancer Glx (Sliver), smooth and does not consume much fuel. Their car interior is very clean and the exterior have minor scratches but we can't expect to get a perfect car. When i was there collecting the car, i saw them cleaning the car. Not all company will do that. Car is great and well maintained.
Location is very convenient as it is just opposite of Har Par Villa MRT.
Overall, Thanks for the good service for explaining everything in the contract and awesome car ! Definitely will rent from AKA Car Rental again! Post Management Response

nameen8909
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Jan-2015
Awesome experience  Posted on 06-Jan-2015
P plate here. Reading nightmare stories online actually made me paranoid from renting cars. However, im glad that i stumbled upon AKA car rental. So far i have rented twice from them, Mazda 3 and Vios.

Both cars were definitely in good condition. Minor scratches here and there but you cant expect to have a perfect car from a rental company. Staff are always there to help out and answer questions.

For P platers and others, if you ever want to rent a car without worrying too much, AKA Car Rental is the place you have to go to. Post Management Response

Holdenutessv
Premium User Holdenutessv
NOS-ed
2193 forum posts Joined on 21-Sep-2010
Pretty good  Posted on 17-Dec-2014
Rented a Mazda 3 over the weekend. The office was easy to find, with bus no. 175, 176 and Haw Par Villa CCL MRT station situated right outside. So traveling there wasn't that hard. Customer service is good. Price was reasonable since they also do rent to P-Platers and those who are under 21 years old.
The Mazda I rented has proper roadtax and registration for rental cars and I'm pretty sure that the rest of their cars do too. I had encountered some other rental companies (which I do not want to name) with their cars being registered as private cars which is clearly illegal or expired roadtax and badly maintained, so don't worry when you rent from AKA Car Rental LLP.
The car only had some scratches/tiny white paint marks (inevitable for a rental car and I don't mind) and HID on the right side doesn't seem to light up when I collected the car. However, the drive is much more important to me and I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Though, my friend and I did noticed a "knocking" noise emitting from the back when driving though occasional rough bumps on the road, not a biggie.
Gave the 3 a quick wipe inside and out and also, a full tank just before I returned the car back to them. Returning was pretty much fuss-free.

Would I rent from them again? Yes!
Thinking of renting a car? So why not give it a try by renting from them? Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »