Consumer Reviews of Guan Lee Tyre & Co.

4.8/5 Customer Service

Premium User Othello
2Fast2Furious
11063 forum posts Joined on 25-Aug-2002
Good Experience  Posted on 14-Nov-2018
Last evening when I started my car, cranking was slow and was the 3rd or 4th time past 2 weeks. Sensing that battery might die soon, quickly googled Guan Lee Tyres as it was near my workplace and he was highly recommended.

Alas, boss said he was closed but asked me where I was. Upon knowing I was nearby, he said he'll open up and wait for me !

All in a great experience. His work is meticulous !

Will support uncle for my next tyre change :) Post Management Response

S68616861
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Dec-2018
Great Service  Posted on 07-Dec-2018
My right rear tyre hit a curb badly. Brought my car to the shop for an inspection of the tyre. All was well and he even balance the tyre and inspected all the other tyres. With a great smile he said no charges. Great service. Thank you Post Management Response

Blue_Mario
Premium User Blue_Mario
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Jul-2009
Battery Replacement  Posted on 12-Mar-2018
Replace a new Amaron Battery (45Amh) by Mr. Tay. Best Price for Battery & Also very Friendly Boss. Thank you for the excellent service ,Mr Tay. Post Management Response

Nuttywalnutty
Premium User Nuttywalnutty
108 forum posts Joined on 19-Nov-2009
Best Service and Prices  Posted on 14-Oct-2017
Boss was very helpful in recommending tires based on the size I gave him.

Recommended me 235/45/18 TOYO PROXES T1 Sport.

He was extremely friendly and when I showed him some minor kerb rash he helped me file them down at no cost at all!

Highly recommend this shop! Will definitely return for my next tyre change. Post Management Response

BoneStock
1884 forum posts Joined on 13-Feb-2002
Great experience  Posted on 13-Sep-2017
This is my 1st review here and will like to dedicate this to Mr Tay for his excellent service.

Text Mr Tay the night before my visit to check on stock availability and he was very prompt in his reply, even though it was way outside normal working hours.

Visited his shop the next morning and was greeted by a very friendly boss. Changed an Amaron battery there totally hassle free and fast too.

Workshop was easy to find and also come with one hour free parking.

Thumbs up to Mr Tay's great service once again! Post Management Response

Quiksufer
99 forum posts Joined on 01-Jan-2010
Battery & Tyre  Posted on 06-Jul-2017
The boss Mr Tay is very helpful and friendly. Very willing to share his honest experience. The battery change is as a lot of former commented, he uses a spare battery to backup before changing to amaron battery and the price is good. Also change my tyres to P7 as there is a promotion price. Was able to stay there to learn that 2 year or 40K is very important for tyre maintenance, as my 2.5 year old tyres is cracking while replacement. He was also very kind to pass me a complimentary carpark pass when I exit. Strongly recommend for people who is looking for trusted mechanics with good pricing. Post Management Response

Rohan
0 forum posts Joined on 25-Apr-2017
Very friendly and honest man...  Posted on 25-Apr-2017
Hi guys,

After reading the reviews today i went there to give a try...

Always smiling uncle and you can ask any questions he will explain to you!!! He will recommend whats best for your car in full detail. The best part is after everything done mr tay gave me a complementary parking ticket 😯 and not only that he even guided me all the way to the exit barrier so i can go out smoothly...😅😅 this is something that has never happen to me....OMG!!!! One of the best service ever experience!!! Thank you Mr Tay Post Management Response

Spiritual-Zen
Premium User Spiritual-Zen
22 forum posts Joined on 13-Aug-2015
No regrets, excellent service and advise in helping to decide on the right tyres  Posted on 03-Apr-2017
After reading so many good reviews.. Today went down and chg all 4 tyres to Michelin Primacy 3 although the present Advan Sport V105 only used 5K km. He fulfilled all my wishes that I was looking for, very patiently explaining, exploring, discussing and checking that the right tyres can fit nicely without worring about interference with the wheel well.

Finally zero in on Primacy, although I was hoping for Pilot Super Sport 3 but there's no available size for it. The final results were excellent.. Quiet, comfy, smooth, plush and firm ride.. Very happy on the choice recommended by him.

Although he's the boss.. He work alone without compromise.. No rush no hard sale or pressure. Skillful and cool, cos there was a lorry waiting for him to tend to till he finish the job on my car.

Btw.. The nearly new Yokohama Advan Sport V105 tyres are for sale.. $400 for the 4 tyres or best offer.. Tyres are in his shop.. Pay him service installion fees and he'll fit for you.

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Post Management Response

spinnaker22
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Feb-2017
Excellent Service, knowledgeable staff and value for money tyres!  Posted on 07-Feb-2017
I replaced 4 tyres to Dunlop VE302 tyres at Guan Lee tyres recently, and the service from the boss, Mr Tay, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and explained the various types of tyres he has. (there is a wide range from Michelin, to Dunlop, to Pirelli and the Korean brands)

He changed the tyres himself and noticed that my rear brake pads were almost worn out, and he highlighted to me immediately, and ask if i had a regular mechanic who could replace them for me. When i said i didn't, he went out of his way to ask a neighbouring workshop to see if they could help, the mechanic came over assessed the car and called the stockist to see if they have the parts and helped to change the brake pads after i agreed with the very reasonable quote.

Wonderful service from a shop that goes out of their way to help their customers, and a very careful and knowledgeable craftsman who is diligent in ensuring the tyres are changed with the utmost care!

Also, the prices of the tyres i was looking for were the lowest among all the shops i called. Post Management Response

Desrongrong

Angappan
Premium User Angappan
0 forum posts Joined on 14-Apr-2016
Guan Lee Tyre & Co ( Mr Tay ) provided EXCELLENT service  Posted on 14-Apr-2016
This morning I had difficulty starting my brother-in-law's car and so I did a Goggle search and came across Guan Lee Tyre & Co. I spoke to Mr Tay and he was very helpful and he even loaned me his jumper cable so that I can jump start my brother-in-law's car. He doesn't know me at all and yet trusted me. I returned to his shop with the car (and jumper cable) and he provided EXCELLENT service. He was very humble and kind. His price was also the BEST! I will surely recommend Mr Tay as he in my opinion is the best !! Post Management Response

Yaloryalor
Premium User Yaloryalor
Turbocharged
7036 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2005
Good service and resonable price for Car battery  Posted on 30-Mar-2016
I just changed my car battery at Guan Lee.
The boss is honest and helpful. I checked about the car battery price and this shop is the cheapest.

Highly recommended! Post Management Response

Franwilliam
Premium User Franwilliam
47 forum posts Joined on 23-Apr-2012
Friendly Boss  Posted on 24-Feb-2016
Went to change 4 tyres for my car, as what other people said, the boss IS a very friendly man, not pushy and explain to me clearly for my choice of tyres. He offered Dunlop and gave me slight discount. Thank you sir for your kind service. Definitely will go there to change battery as well next time and will recommend my friends to support you. All the best Mr Tay Post Management Response

Mtortise
Premium User Mtortise
69 forum posts Joined on 18-Aug-2008
Friendly, Reliable, Prompt  Posted on 12-Nov-2015
Contacted the shop after seeing the good reviews in SGCarMart.

Shop is simple, clean, no-frills but complete with all the necessary equipment.

Mr Tay, who helped me gave me a reasonable quote for my "Not-so-popular" Tyre specs, is very friendly, accommodating and on the ball.

Definitely an expert in this line and will be back to replace the remaining two tyres when their "Time is up"! Post Management Response

Enye
2Fast2Furious
13308 forum posts Joined on 23-Jun-2002
Excellent Service  Posted on 02-Nov-2015
I was there for tyre balancing and rotation service and was really impressed.

No frills, no pushing products and reasonable prices.

If you want meticulous and personalized service from the a humble, soft spoken boss, this is the place to go. Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Merchant Logo Guan Lee Tyre & Co.