Consumer Reviews of Yap Brothers Motorsport

Lightsabre
Premium User Lightsabre
143 forum posts Joined on 08-Mar-2010
Great Rim Selection  Posted on 24-Sep-2018
Saw the rims posted by Yap Brothers in the MyCarForum Marketplace and decided to went over to take a look. Was attended by the friendly person in charge who brought me around to show me rims that I enquired on.

However, another set of beautiful matt black rims caught my eyes. Check with the person in charge and it fits my ride.

Price quoted was below my expectation and it proven to be a real value deal for me. Wasted no time, I act on it and proceed to do the installation. Excited about the installation, I took a few shots and then send to my regular car kakis whatapp group.

Strongly recommended those who wanna get a set of lovely and value for money rims to visit Yap Brothers!

spacer spacer spacer
Post Management Response

Taleggio
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Oct-2018
Pirelli P Zero  Posted on 06-Oct-2018
Shopped around and they have the most reasonable prices. Some of the prices nearby are significantly higher.
Boss & Workers have great work ethics. For me this does it.
Minor scratch on my rim and they did an excellent touch up on it, no charge.
Ample parking space. Post Management Response

KimHwee
Premium User KimHwee
40 forum posts Joined on 31-Jul-2018
Good service, great offer, friendly staff and overall fuss-free experience at Yap Brothers Motorsport (Paya Ubi Outlet)  Posted on 12-Sep-2018
I was looking around for options to upgrade my stock 16" Rims to 17" Along with new tires and had looked around at a few shops around Kaki Bukit/Ubi area. Decided to drop by Yap Brothers on a weekday morning (around 1030am) one day as a fellow CivicX member recommended to check them out as he was given an attractive offer for 17" Rims + tires altogether.

They were very busy as you could see a none stop queue of vehicles coming in for all sorts of services. Despite that, Jennifer (the overall in charge) noticed that I was looking around like a total newbie and took the initiative to attend to me and that immediately made me feel more welcome.

She listened intently on what is it that I was looking for and then proceeded to bring me up to level 2 of their shop where they had more rims and tires available on display for customers to get a visual on the choices they have to choose from. Jennifer was straight to the point, in highlighting to me the various options (and their prices) I had available if I was going for 17" Rims. At all times, she was very patient and never once tried to hard sell any of her products. Best of all, she made me a very good offer for 4x tires if I took them together with the rims.

I went home to discuss with my wife on the options available and also proceeded to clarify remaining doubts with Jennifer over Whatsapp on the same night. Although it was after working hours, she was still responding to my queries very promptly and that helped us make up our mind a lot faster in shortlisting the two models that we were most probably looking to be getting.

Went ahead to set up an appointment with her the next day afternoon and dropped by at around 330pm. To my surprise, they were not that busy at that timing and I happened to be the only customer. Drove the car into their workshop and her team of mechanics immediately set up the holder and put the two different rims in place for me to see which one I preferred. The tires were also laid out for me to visually confirm anything that I still had doubts on.

Once decided, the team of mechanics started to get to work while Jennifer took me upstairs, offered me a bottle of cold water and started to explain to me in detail what each spec for the rims meant (Offset, PCD, 7.5J, centre hub rings, etc.). We proceeded back downstairs afterwards and I was surprised to see that the team of mechanics were already halfway done with attaching the new rims and tires back onto my car.

At the end of the day, I walked away a very happy and satisfied customer with a set of 17" OZ Omnia rims together with 215/50/R17 Yokohama AdvanDB V552 tires at a very attractive price. Definitely recommend visiting Yap Brothers if you have any need to change rims/tires anyone is looking to replace rims/tires, or even just seeking general advice. Will be coming back to Yap Brothers again for all my future rims/tires needs for sure!

Post Management Response

3C_ColtPlus
23 forum posts Joined on 11-Mar-2009
Good Tyre Shop with Wide Selection  Posted on 23-Jul-2018
Thank you Uncle Yen and Mr Yap for the service rendered today at Toh Guan IBiz Centre branch.
Good advice on tyre choices for my old AhPek car.
Very fast service and prompt at highly competitive pricing.
Thumbs up and highly recommended. Post Management Response

Hwaa
144 forum posts Joined on 20-Aug-2009
Friendly and good shop in paya ubi!  Posted on 28-Feb-2018
Think this place stands out when compared with the rest is the knowledge of products, the services rendered, the willingness to answer doubts and queries.

No hard selling, no rushing you to make purchases, let u slowly choose the preferred rims. Once there's like 2 or 3 rims locked in then the workers will bring down and place it on your car for visual.

Jennifer was really friendly throughout and the price she gave is very competitive and attractive. Ended up buying the oz ultraleggera and went back a happy customer. Will definitely recommend friends to come here and get their tyres or rims!

Ah aw. Post Management Response

Car_man
Premium User Car_man
198 forum posts Joined on 19-Nov-2005
Best service from Yap Brothers  Posted on 30-Sep-2017
This has to be the best place i ever visit to replace my tyres.
Was attended by Jennifer and she was very friendly with good service rendered. Replace 4 new shoes for my car with alignment at very attractive price and by far no other workshop can offer.Trust me,you never go wrong with this tyre workshop. I will confirm visit this workshop for all my future tyre replacement. Post Management Response

Cjtune
6 forum posts Joined on 06-Nov-2011
Unassuming workshop with great service  Posted on 06-Jul-2017
I purchased a set of 4 Continental tyres (age < 1 yr old) from Yap Brothers Ubi branch recently at a remarkable price (as advertised here) and I am likely to return again due to my positive experience. The manager Jennifer was responsive and very accomodating to queries and requests, and the workmen were very fast at what they do. Since there was no queue that day, I think I hardly waited 15 minutes for them to get the job done. Also, this is probably the only workshop I have personally seen the workmen actually using a torque wrench to precisely apply the correct amount of tightening to the wheel nuts. The other places I've been to just rely solely on the pneumatic drivers which may overtighten and can damage the screw/nut threads the longer they stay that way - I will then have to re-adjust at home using my personal torque wrench.

Outwardly, the workshop looks pretty 'regular'. Not as polished as some other tyre places but if you're looking for value-for-money and friendly rapid service you can really consider this shop.

They also have a good selection of rims and perhaps on my return a year or two later I will be tempted to change my OEM 15" To 16" Aftermarket rims - starting price $450 for 4pcs of Taiwanese-made rims as of this time of writing. Post Management Response

C14659
1 forum posts Joined on 07-Jun-2007
Complimentary service for tire change  Posted on 23-Jun-2017
Made an appointment to change all four tires after exchanging text messaging (over a few days) on tire brands, tire models' availability, related pricing & Recommendations.

On the actual day, the tire change was prompt & Was surprised that it gave the car's front & Rear bbk a "Bbk spa". It used a bristle brush & Soap to clean followed by water rinsing. No scratches on the bbks from the bristle brush . The bbks looks almost new.

As feedback by others, was provided with a choice of refreshment (mineral water, packet drink or hot instant 3-in-1 tea/coffee).

Overall, a stress free experience. Recommended. Post Management Response

Fuelsaver
Premium User Fuelsaver
Turbocharged
5152 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2009
Thank you for waiting  Posted on 17-Jun-2017
Made an appointment with Jennifer to install alloy n rubber yesterday at 6pm but was held up n reached ubi branch near to 7pm. Jennifer did call slightly early to confirm if I was coming n she n her team of 3 mechanics waited for me. I was offered a chilled bottled water while waiting. After some 30 minutes I was good to go. Thank you for waiting despite you have exceeded your operating time of 7pm.

About the changing of wheels, they handled the cleaned alloys with care n used a torque wrench for tightening the wheel nuts which was a new set. I like such proper handling. Post Management Response

Johnson79
30 forum posts Joined on 06-Apr-2009
A honest and reliable tyres shop  Posted on 17-May-2017
Was recommended by my colleagues to try Yap Brothers Motorsport when they knew I'm looking for a good and reliable tyres shop to replace a set of tyres.
Got in touch with Jennifer whom is a very friendly and knowledgeable lady whom answered all my questions promptly and also gave me sound advice on the suitable set of tyres to replace my current set which is about to worn out.
After some discussion, finally settled with Michelin Primacy 3 ST (fresh stocks!) which is suitable for my Honda Odyssey and was told, most MPVs, very happy with how these tyres performed so far, very comfy and quiet and grip in the wet is close to excellent and most importantly at I think one of the best prices in the market.
The thing I like about this Ubi outlet is its spacious and you can drive in your vehicle inside the shop where its safer for both yourself and your car, unlike many tyres shops where you have to park by the roadside and risks getting sideswiped by passing cars, saw that myself a couple of times.
Service from Jennifer and the mechanics is excellent, friendly and professional, tyres was replaced in a short time and dressed up with coatings for a shiny look, 2nd floor is where you can see a range of rims for all budget, there is also quite a selection of rims displayed at the 1st floor workshop's wall too, will definitely support Yap Brothers from now on. Post Management Response

Dickie88
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Jul-2012
Efficient service at this shop  Posted on 29-Apr-2017
As a first time customer, had purchased new set of Dunlops advertised at good price for my VW Golf at their Paya Ubi outlet branch.
Pleasantly surprised by their friendly and efficient service. Workshop area was clean and well organised for tyre shop set-up. Overall am satisfied with the experience encountered. Post Management Response

Agalvilaku
Premium User Agalvilaku
310 forum posts Joined on 20-Apr-2010
Reasonable price for old tyres  Posted on 27-Apr-2017
Recently one of my front tyre become almost bald due to poor alignment and changed both front tyres with Falken tyre with more than 80% Thread (almost new) with the cost of 60$ each. Since my car is only left with 6 months to scrap, I have decided to go with the used tyre first time. Using the car for almost 2 weeks , no issues so far. The owner is very reasonable and they changed the tyres quite fast. Would recommend them. Post Management Response

Wegona
Premium User Wegona
5 forum posts Joined on 16-Oct-2005
Honest and friendly  Posted on 13-Sep-2016
Bought a used tyre from yap bros today. Honest and friendly and product was far better than one i bought from another merchant found here. Will go back to them again.Thanks! Post Management Response

AaronJun-Milano
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Apr-2016
Good Price & Friendly Service.  Posted on 10-Sep-2016
Changed all 4 of my tyre to Kumho PS31 with Yap Bros at their Ubi shop. Jennifer and the mechanics were welcoming and friendly. Will definitely come back again & Recommend to friends who need to change Tyre. Post Management Response

MGoh
Premium User MGoh
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Aug-2016
Great Price and Service (Toh Tuck)  Posted on 06-Sep-2016
Was looking for replacement for 2 rear tires but found a good deal for 4 tires instead. Staff is friendly and hardworking, price is also reasonable. Car is running smoothly and will return for next change here as well. Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »