Consumer Reviews of Edwin Garage

Rich_ard
0 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2021
Unethical and incompetence  Posted on 01-May-2021
1) S*** job done
Last year Nov, I went to repair my side skirt at their Garage. Upon collection, I saw the so called repaired side skirt is sagging badly. Edwin simply installed 2 x metal brackets at the bottom and told me that's the best he can do (kinda brushed me off). I was so pissed to argue, paid $200 and drove off

2) Unethical behaviour
Finally gotten some time off from work to fix this sagging side skirt. Visited a workshop at sin ming auto city. To my surprised, I saw 3 x drill holes on my car body after their technician removed the sagging side skirt. Seriously, Edwin Garage, you freaking drilled 3 x holes on my car for installation of side skirt??!! At the point of time, I swear I was on the verge drive over to your garage and scream at your face!!

Guys, at your own risks!

spacer spacer spacer
Management Response by Edwin Garage
04-May-2021

This side skirt is a cycle & carriage Anniversary Bodykit edition which was not available for ordering in year 2020.
More than half of the skirting was ripped off when you sent in your car, and we have put in our best effort and time to restore it. I have the photo of the damage before we fix it.

Subsequently, the bottom portion is loose due to the missing original bracket. Hence we did some rectification work to secure it using a modified bracket and hold it.

We did not hear from you since then so we assume everything is in order until we see this review. To emphasise, we are more than happy to rectify any sort of problem if the customer highlights it, be it a serious or small matter. We are regret that you were not satisfied with the correction made and we didn’t have the chance to communicate with you. However, I hope our explanation clarifies. Your understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thanks & have a nice day.

meng_feng
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Dec-2016
Honest, Excellent Workshop with Workmanship  Posted on 11-Apr-2021
My Subaru Impreza's air con has gradually stopped blowing out cold air for 2 months and it became unbearable this week.

I searched online and shortlisted a few recommended workshops around AMK area as per Google Review and SgCarMart, and decided to visit them for diagnostic and quotation.

The first two workshops near my place give me quotation of 900-1000 to replace the cooling coil and compressor without much further checks. So I decided to go to Edwin Garage to seek for their opinion.

I walked-in to Edwin Garage on a Saturday afternoon and here is what I have to say:

1. Amazing diagnostic skills and confident in their conclusion.

Edwin first measured the compressor pressure etc. And suggested to have aircon flushed to see if he can restore the compressor pressure. It worked.
He then carefully checked the air con state understand different driving conditions.
5 min later, he starts to draw the problems on paper and explain clearly to me where the real problem is - the culprit is the Thermostat sensor.

2. Extremely honest in the recommended fix and quotation

Edwin told me that my air con gas is not leaking so the cooling coil is fine. He explained that the compressor is weak but could still do the work at the moment.

He suggested me to start with replacing the Thermostat sensor only at the moment. So, I was quoted at less than 200 for aircon flushing + Thermostat replacement + labor!

What else can I say compared to other quotations I got from other workshops?

3. Excellent workmanship in their repair work
Replacing the Thermostat requires dismantle the dashboard which could took about 1 day in other workshops. Due to excellent workmanship in Edwin Garage and their technicians, these intensive works were finished in ONE HOUR only on a busy Saturday afternoon. I sent in my car at 5:30pm, and job was already done before 6:30pm. Edwin and his team are so experienced and skillful in doing such repairs.

4. Friendly attitude and cozy lounges
I drive in without appointment; However, Edwin still managed to find out time to check on my car and arranged the repair works without much delay.
There is air coned cozy lounge that I can stay in while Edwin and his team are doing their works.

5. Highly recommended workshop in Singapore, and matching the good names they have already received in internet.

I highly recommend Edwin Garage to every drivers.

DJLIM
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Nov-2014
Excellent Workshop  Posted on 05-Feb-2021
Read alot of positive reviews about Edwin Garage and decided to send my car to Edwin after an accident with a bus recently. Repair was estimated to be 2 days (vs another source that quoted 4-5 days). My car was repaired in one day which includes spray painting and parts replacement. The best part is, the workmanship is great and it looks as good as new. And the charges are reasonable.
Great workshop that is a rare find nowadays. Thanks to Edwin for his excellent service and standard.

Scooby936
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2020
26 Dec 2020 Honda Crossroad Starter and battery change  Posted on 26-Dec-2020
36 Dec 2020.
Just return from Edwin Garage. Bunch of beautiful people. Helpful and verse well with the works. Change of starter and battery within 45 minutes (and 1 brake light bulb last minute discovery). Proactive to advice me ahead of areas that need looking into for wear and tear. Not pushy to have it change now. Even wrote down a checklist for reference. Will return for my other wear and tear changes. Thank you Edwin and Team.

Wahaha999
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Apr-2011
Reliable Workshop, Open till night  Posted on 16-Nov-2020
I came across their shop on Sunday night, The Seniors mechanics are experienced and well knowledgeable. They will patiently listen to what issues you are facing and investigate the issues before It's been repaired. Although they tried to repair or clean the engine other parts to verify the issues. They will only charge me what I should pay for the damaged parts instead of what they did. They do not overcharge or hard-sell any of their repair services and brands.

Raymond, Owner of Mitsubishi Lancer, verified customer
Trusted workshop at Yishun  Posted on 20-Mar-2020
I have been their customers since the days they only have one outlet doing mainly car accessories at Yishun. Glad that they expended and open a repair workshop at AMK! From a customer to now a friend with the boss Edwin. I always trusted him with my car. He always gives the recommendation and best advice based on each case. Although the boss Edwin is very young, he even started in this trade at a much younger age, but he is very humble and honest with his business! But do take note, their workshop is always busy with lots of cars, so please do make an appointment with Edwin first before you drop by to prevent unnecessary wait! - Raymond, Owner of Mitsubishi Lancer

Ryanngan
9 forum posts Joined on 24-Sep-2009
Excellent job, service and pricing  Posted on 20-Dec-2019
Went to Edwin Garage to fix my rotor and SSBH.. After much research.
Defintely made the right choice.. Edwin has been most helpful to my question, since i'm ignorant to car upgrading..
The mechanic that works on my ride was also very good at his job, can tell from my observation.. Fast hand, fast leg and precise.. Like the fact that he's very detail in checking my ride.

THey are also very obliged to my request to do an inspection for some suspected vibration issue and managed to help me pinpoint my problem..

2 Thumbs up..

Oh ya, what i like best about Edwin Garage... Very COMPETITIVE PRICING!

Kheng How, Owner of Toyota Vios, verified customer
The aircon specialist  Posted on 23-Oct-2019
Whataspp Edwin on the number listed on sgcarmart website. Checking with him on the price for changing of the compressor, as I was being told by another workshop that my compressor needs to be changed. Edwin told me to drop by to let him access the issue first as he will not want to just anyhow change the expensive part without rectifying and solve the problem. Sounds legit. So made an appointment with him the next day. I am glad I chose Edwin Garage! Save my money on changing the compressor, as is totally not the compressor fault! Just flushing and it already solve my issue! Really thanks Edwin so much for his honesty. - Kheng How, Owner of Toyota Vios

Sourav Ghosal, reviewed on Google
Very professional, responsive and timely  Posted on 20-Jun-2021
Went to fix a scratch and a paint job. Very professional, responsive and timely. Can send a photo via WA for an initial quote and then set up appointment. - Sourav Ghosal

three point, reviewed on Google
Simply professional, highly recommended  Posted on 19-Jun-2021
Went there to check on my aircon, the staffs were so professional and asked if my car was warranty. Once I said yes, they immediately expressed their concerned that helping fix the car may void the warranty. However, they still help me to check and found that the compressor had some issue, which will cost a bit more than just normal topping up of gas. They proposed for me to go back to agent as it was under warranty. Simply professional. - three point

Benjamintds Tang, reviewed on Google
Satisfied with their services  Posted on 21-May-2021
Been here twice for repair of bodykit and requested to help to check any other parts not feeling well to be honest i was slightly doubting that there might have somethings need to be replaced but ended up edwin and team members told me truthfully that actually everything is alright theres nth to change and i still asked them like really nth damage ? Then one of the worker said must be 心里不平衡(psychological imbalanced) . So what im trying to say is got issues means got issue no issues they will tell you no issue wont hard sell or whatever you could think of . really very satisfied with edwin and his team for the service they promised. Recommended to text edwin for appt than walking in because shop is always busy . Thanks edwin garage - Benjamintds Tang

Shan Naidu, reviewed on Google
Trustworthy and professional!  Posted on 18-May-2021
Trustworthy and professional! Best workshop out there ! - Shan Naidu

Derrick Heng, reviewed on Google
The best and most honest workshop!  Posted on 16-May-2021
The best and most honest workshop! Been going there for years! Highly recommended. You're losing out if you still haven't been there. - Derrick Heng

Jeremy Tan, reviewed on Facebook
Shout out to Sggarage Edwin  Posted on 20-Sep-2020
Just wanted to give a shout out to Sggarage Edwin. I bwar wall and Edwin knock and respray my rear fender and door back to perfection within 24 hours. Send in on Friday 11am morning and collected Sat morning 10am and very reasonable pricing! Awesome! Thank you Edwin! - Jeremy Tan

Joshii Kor, reviewed on Facebook
Very professional and swift in checking, diagnosing and getting the damaged parts replaced.  Posted on 11-Aug-2020
My car was having overheating problem for the past few days before National Day. On 9 Aug, my car overheated badly but was lucky that I am able to get home safely. Message Edwin on the evening and was lucky to get a slot the next day afternoon. Went down on appointment time and was served quite quickly even though his workshop was spilling over with cars. Edwin and his guys were very professional and swift in checking, diagnosing and getting the damaged parts replaced. Really have to take my hats off his team. Thanks Edwin and team. - Joshii Kor

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ) Next »