Consumer Reviews of Autoimage Enterprise

Lightsabre
Premium User Lightsabre
144 forum posts Joined on 08-Mar-2010
Strongly Recommended For Audio Upgrades!  Posted on 21-Apr-2019
Approached Ted weeks ago and share with him what I hope to improve on car audio. He strongly recommended me this Esatto DSP (Esatto Massa MA-D4) and shared with me the pros & Cons of this audio gadget.

The installation took slightly longer, and he mentioned that the car model (not the base model) needs a bit more time. Everything was done within the 3 hours, including the tuning.

The audio quality of playing youtube is incredible. Sound staging is also excellent for playing songs from Spotify.

Excellent service from Ted. He has also invited me to revisit weeks later at my convenience for more tuning and settings for the other types of songs. Great aftersale service! Post Management Response

enjoycar
Premium User enjoycar
22 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2015
Best audio shop  Posted on 03-Apr-2019
I recently overhauled my car ice and installed an esatto setup recommended by my ice installer, Ted from autoimage.

Effect was mind blowing. Listening to songs that I have grown tired of in the past has actually been a new enjoyment. I was pleasantly surprised to find new details of songs from youtube that I have never heard before in my previous 3 way full setup with amps and dsp. The resonance and sound separation was more distinguishable. Vocals were warmer.

I was even able to easily identify the difference between high res streaming software between Apple, Spotify and tidal HiFi. Spotify high res is no longer satisfying enough.

Thanks to Ted for recommending the esatto setup. You have taken my ice appreciation journey to another new level. Post Management Response

DevarajViveganandam
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Feb-2019
Best Audio Workshop!  Posted on 20-Feb-2019
I was new to In-Car-Entertainments and the sheer number of speakers, amps, subwoofers, brands oh wow the list does not end. Newbie i was lost!.

Speaking to so many other C-HR owners & Workshop owners i did not know which speakers to buy. Many would try and tell me that this brand or that brand was the best. Rainbow? AudioPrecision? Helix?

I walked into Auto Image due to an obscure review on facebook, they were literally the last workshop i was planning on visiting and by then i was tired of all these pushy workshop owners acting like i owed them a living and without them i would be sorely disappointed. Some of them didt even try to sell me a proper product, they simply asked my budget and pointed some set out from a book and said this will do.

Anyhoo, That was when i met Ted & His team. They were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Even though they were busy with other customer's cars, they had one guy just set up a whole host of speakers for me to listen to. And when i mean a whole host i mean like 10-12 different speakers!

They told me that dont look at the brand but try and figure out what is your sound preference. This was something that NO other workshop advised me on. I learnt that some sounds were more crisp and some more bassy. I finally settled on getting a 3-way Sinfoni speaker that were mid-ranged in price. The clarity of the speakers are amazing. They of course showed me speakers within my price range, they didt try to upsell me any expensive speakers.

Ted and his team when even further to set up the speakers with others they though may match my preference and we did a blind sound test (they didt let me see which speaker was playing and allowed my ears to do the tasting). This confirmed which speakers i really liked.

The installation was smooth and took about a day, Ted then sat me in the car and started to fine tune the speakers to my listening pleasure.

Overall, while Auto Image Pte Ltd was not the cheapest priced workshop, BUT the level of service and attention to detail is astounding. My heart did not skip a beat in trying to save that extra % In cost. I would gladly paid more.

I would highly recommend anyone thinking of upgrading their car audio system to take a trip down to their Workshop. You will not regret it.

Pros:
Great Team
Knowledgeable
Personalised Service
NO HARDSELLING (WOW!)
Efficient
No hassle.

Cons
Comparable prices with other workshops maybe a bit more expensive.

You pay for what you get, the level of service here is mind blowing, no regrets whatsoever, this workshop has earned a customer for life. Post Management Response

GS418
Premium User GS418
37 forum posts Joined on 18-Dec-2018
Excellent team led by Ted  Posted on 22-Dec-2018
Gave the team a challenge to keep my stock HU and still gets mind blowing audio experience within my modest budget. The team took efforts to explain to me the various options and tested the various brands/models of speakers. Result was very satisfying and very much exceeded my expectations!

IMO,
(1) the best recommendation was the integrated Esatto DSP + 6 ch Amp. Not only does it saves precious real estate in the car, the DSP processing is exceptionally good and also have many good features such as direct streaming of music from mobile devices to the DSP using Bluetooth - thus preventing loss of audio quality by bypassing the stock HU. Preset tuning configurations can also be easily changed via an App to suit various scenarios if need be, I.E. For Family experience or Driver experience.
(2) great tuning by Ted is also a game changer. No point getting an expensive outfit without good tuning!
(3) Good soundproofing job on selected areas.
(4) good teamwork and everyone knows what to do. The team also made sure my car and it's contents are well taken care of.

Thumbs up to Ted and his team. I will go back to them again for my incremental upgrades!

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Post Management Response

YodaWan
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Feb-2011
Excellent experience  Posted on 01-Apr-2018
Conveniently went to service my car at one of the workshop at Serangoon,as it was nearer to home & they open at night. Saw speakers + sound proof promo, decided to give it a try. Found out later rear seats sound was too sharp/concentrated on one side (speakers and tweets were beside each other).
Wanted change HU and install Sub and Amp, didn’t want to go back to the workshop at Serangoon, because i didn’t feel comfortable (Boss attitude has a lot room for improvement + they don’t give receipts 😮! Invoice is mere whatsapp message - maybe I should have asked for it, but I thought paper receipts are normal. Also I lost rear seat belt cushions!!)
Was researching and found Autoimage. They reconfig rear speakers + explained patiently. Problem fixed! I love the sound now! Ah Lee + Boss Ted came to my rescue + they also restored my hope.
Thank you Autoimage! Post Management Response

syuency
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Jan-2018
Excellent service and technically competent  Posted on 30-Jan-2018
Wanted to improve the sound system in the Fiat Doblo van and was given sound advice of which equipments to consider to suit our requirements and turned out to be better than expected.
With that good experience, did up the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso’S as well with flying colour.
Already recommended my friends to go to them for anything related to car sound systems and accessories.
Best wishes to Ted and his team of dedicated specialists Post Management Response

Quantem
0 forum posts Joined on 19-Aug-2011
2nd car done by Autoimage  Posted on 01-Jun-2017
Been with Autoimage since 2012, so finally decided to write something about Ted and his team. A one-stop station for all your needs. Its my second car with Autoimage (my first was an Axio)and Ted managed to help me keep my Altis original headunit (original look) and upped the sound quality of my ride after much discussion on finding out what i wanted. Much care was put in when doing soundproofing. Price is also very competitive (may not come cheap if you are looking for better I.C.E., but is the most reasonable in the market) as Ted was able to match it with those found online. Very professional team which stayed overtime to complete all the items I requested. The result was an excellent driving experience home accompanied with great sounding music!
The team was also very patient with the installation of my LED lights as I requested to do one with the possibility of changing lights through a wifi connector (you have to get the set on your own). Thought it might not be possible but Autoimage still managed to pull it off and I'm very satisfied with the outcome.
Will definitely continue to support this workshop when the need arises.
Watched the whole crew work and at all times they were ready to answer your queries. Post Management Response

enjoycar
Premium User enjoycar
22 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2015
Who Says cannot find excellent service in Singapore?  Posted on 18-Dec-2016
From odyssey to Kia Sorento.

I usually do not bother to write reviews in forum. However, Ted, who is the owner of Autoimage Enterprise, provided such excellent and professional service that I felt compelled to praise him in a forum such as this.

I went to Ted after reading great reviews about him. He was honest, patient and profiled me on what I enjoyed listening to. He took the time to explain to me what each component I was buying was used for and even bothered to draw a high level diagram on how the components were going to be connected together. More importantly, the prices he quoted were reasonable and there were no hidden cost after I decided to commit. Some of the other shops I visited in the past liked to slap in loads of other cost like cabling and labour. Ted is also hands on and would personally do some parts of the installation to reduce the delivery time.

When I went to collect my car, the music experience in the car was transformed. It was remarkable even though I did not change the head unit that was integrated with the steering wheel control. He even asked me to return one month later for further tuning after the speakers were run in. His customer service was still TOP notch when I returned for fine tuning some time later

I highly recommend Ted to anyone who has an interest in upgrading or troubleshooting his car sound system. Post Management Response

dsman
Premium User dsman
371 forum posts Joined on 23-Oct-2015
Superb shop to go to~  Posted on 02-Sep-2016
AutoImage did what countless other shops told me was impossible; Changing the stock HU of my kia sorento to a Pioneer one. The boss, Ted, cherished the challenge and right from the start, told me that he would try his best...And tried his best he did. He conferred with his Malaysian and Thai peers and got everything done up perfectly. In fact, he got an engineer from KL to drive down to Spore to work on my car for a day to work on some programming issues. (refer to picture) The end result is simply amazing. Ted even helped tune my sound system that best suited my kinda music.

Ted is knowledgeable. He and his staff are friendly and willing to share their knowledge. While waiting, the shop's personnel would share on what they were working on and I gained some knowledge on sound systems and soundproofing materials they were using. I was given a courtesy car for two days while they sorted out my car.

If you have been told by some shops that certain things can't be done, do consult AutoImage first before giving up.

Post Management Response

NgSuaKeong
Premium User NgSuaKeong
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Mar-2015
Excellent audio entertainment Excellent Service  Posted on 30-Aug-2016
From Odyssey to Wish and Altis, Auto Image has excelled my expectations in delivering audio systems that meets my budget and no-nonsense in sound quality. As you can see, my spending budget also follows the car I drove. From a few hundreds to couple of thousand dollars, Ted can configure and deliver a system that not only meet your needs, he gives you the best value for money. He would even use a lighter to burn the Helix tweeter or pour water over the speakers to show you how reliable the components are before you decide for yourself!

The owner, Ted is a GEM; I cannot find a more trusted advisor (not that he is indeed not a salesman, unlike usual showrooms whose agenda is to sell you the most profitable system) in car audio system. Over 25 years of experience does make a huge difference. He even knows what's wrong with the newly installed Boston Acoustic that rattles at low frequency...No new technician can do that (I am engineering trained). He guarantees and make good his service promise without the customer asking for it. Where do you find such reliable and trustworthy advisor?
Enough said.

If you need any audio system for any car, AutoImage at Sin Ming is the ONE. (The company did not pay me a single cent to do this. This is a highly satisfied customer who advocates willingly because I want to bless his business for local SME, and I want to share good service providers to all). Post Management Response

Jeho
15 forum posts Joined on 13-Jan-2007
Excellent after sales service  Posted on 30-Aug-2016
Visited auto image as my left side speaker was intermittent. They found the speaker was faulty and needed to be changed. Ah hua was very patient in recommending the various brands available and which would be more suited to my music preference.

During the installation process, somehow an airbag warning light was triggered. Ted without hesitation arranged to have my car checked out at my preferred workshop and beared all the cost to get it fixed. He even offer his company car for my use while my car is in the workshop.

Overall great experience at auto image and would highly recommend. Post Management Response

Khookk
5 forum posts Joined on 03-Oct-2008
Seeing is believing!  Posted on 27-Jul-2016
My first review, but bear with me as I feel the need to share this:

Came here to experience what I saw from the rave reviews online, and left a very happy man albeit with a lighter wallet.

Straightaway after I've gotten my new car - Honda Jade RS, I headed straight down to Autoimage. Actually I have already made 2 separate trips beforehand to enquire about the products, before settling for a Pioneer HU 8850BT, Rainbow speakers (SL compo & EL coaxial) and Dream 4 amplifier on the actual day of installation itself. Ah Hua, who attended to me for each of the visits, had actually postponed his leave to make sure what was discussed earlier is being put into action. So kudos to him for that exceptional level of customer service.

The actual day of installation, which I sat through for the entire duration of the "Performance", was an eye opener as these guys put in a lot of work to get the system up and running. Everything was smooth and without any hiccup as they are so well-versed in their art. Even had plenty of time to talk cock sing song with these bunch of friendly guys.

As I stayed on till past their closing time and was the last customer to leave, even had the opportunity to chat with boss Ted and his colourful stories.

Anyway I will be going back again for further fine-tuning at their request and also to set up some cabling for apple carplay and mirroring. It will be another pleasant visit, I am very sure of that.

So for all you people who are reading this, please do give them a visit and judge for yourself the level of service from start to finish. Post Management Response

dtcher69
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Jul-2016
You cant go worng with these guys!  Posted on 03-Jul-2016
I don't usually write reviews or make recommendations. But for TED and his associates... I feel compelled to write and share with my bros!

I stay in the west side... And made a bad decision and went to a nearby auto shop to get my ICE fixed for my new Elantra. After spending hundreds of dollars, I was very disappointed with the quality of the outcome... The music felt very weak and hollow.

Fortunately, after some research and a leap of faith I went to see a wizard named TED at AutoImage. These guys literally fixed my problem!
They took my problematic ICE setup and suggest a cost-effective solution. He didn't try to rip me off but instead took my mismatched speakers and I just needed to top up a bit to make a great setup!

Apparently, my headunit is not strong enough to drive the speakers which I was told to buy from the other vendor (kena rip off)... Ted fixed it by matching the speakers, added a sub and finally he used his acoustic engineering background to tune the audio swee-swee!!

Super happy with these guys!! Will definitely come back to consult him when it come to audio and electronic stuff. :D Post Management Response

JohnsonLimCH
2 forum posts Joined on 14-Dec-2009
Competitive prices, good workmanship  Posted on 29-Apr-2016
Went to AutoImage to upgrade the speakers on my Vezel. Staff were friendly and not pushy. While I was there, I asked for some time to google the speakers that they have recommended, to which they kindly obliged. Their quoted prices are all nett, including the prices of cables and workmanship. Prices were very competitive when I compared them online. Hence, I decided to go ahead with the installation.

Workmanship was impressive. They even used soundproofing materials to surround the speaker brackets during installation. However, I did have a slight quibble during my installation process. My windshield solar film was accidentally scratched when the tweeters were installed. The staff was honest and pointed out the scratch to me. After the installation was done, I approached the boss (Ted) on the scratch. Without hesitation, Ted assured me that he will replace the entire solar film for me. That night, Ted texted me that he had arranged an appointment at a well known solar film installer to replace my solar film. I am impressed by such honesty and willingness to remedy the damage.

Follow up service was also good. After I drove off there was a knocking sound inside my driver's door when I close the door. The staff quickly found out that it was the auto folding mirror module (installed by my PI) that had come loose and helped to secure it.

I have since went back to AutoImage again to install subwoofers. Enjoying every minute spent in the car now. Really glad to have chosen AutoImage. They are a company that can be trusted. Post Management Response

pm_yeo
2 forum posts Joined on 08-Oct-2014
Install Multimedia player - Execellent  Posted on 25-Apr-2016
The Head unit in my Estima went dead on Saturday so I made an impromptu visit to Auto image. Despite my un-scheduled visit, Vincent is able to accommodate my request and had a new HU for my car done within an hour.

Then 2 days later, I met with some flickering issue on the HU screen and call up Ted. No question asked, I drive down and had a brand new HU swapped in. Impressive.... My go-to shop from now on. Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ) Next »