Consumer Reviews of Hurry Tyre & Battery

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Polarwrap
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2010
Kerb Repair - Good Quality, Value For Money and Speed  Posted on 20-Dec-2017
Have been to major tyre shops in ubi and paya ubi area, and was quoted exorbitant prices. Went to spray painting shops and quoted high prices as well. My rims were 20" With two tone colours, which I understand requires more work than regular one coloured rims. Other than the high prices quoted by the others, they also require you to put your car overnight.

Went down to Hurry at Mackenzie to get physical assessment of my rims and was served by their friendly counter staff. Quoted the range was $15-45 per rim with about 1 hour downtime. Sounds too good to be true? I set an appointment and went down the next day.

The next day, came as per appointment time, in 2 hours they repaired 4 of my 20" Rims with two tone colours with a price I least expected I'd be quoted for. Thumbs up!

To add on further, they have a cozy showroom for customers to wait while they were at it. Will definitely go to them again if I need kerb repairs. Post Management Response

Ultimax
30 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2009
Best place to have your rim's repaired. Don't bother about other places.  Posted on 27-Apr-2017
Accidentally side-swiped a curb today. Caused 10cm curb rash on the rim, and it took off a small chunk of metal on two of the spokes.

Structurally, the rim was OK. But it looked bad.

Went to Hurry at Bt Timah. I wasn't optimistic. I wasn't sure they could repair the damage. And if they did, I wasn't sure how expensive it would be.

Long story short, Hurry fixed my rim on the spot within 20 minutes (my luck that there were no other customers), and it cost A LOT less than I expected. Best of all, they did an excellent job. When I was shown my repaired rim, they had to point out where the damage had been. The repair was that good.

My only regret is I didn't take before and after photos.

Don't bother with other places to get your rims repaired. Just go to Hurry. Post Management Response

Ekit08
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Rim Repair  Posted on 18-Mar-2017
Fast, reasonable price, good workmanship & Polite - good service.
Highly recommended. Post Management Response

Badieboy
Premium User Badieboy
48 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Great service  Posted on 14-Mar-2017
Need to repair rash on 1 rim. Took them only 30 min and the price is very reasonable. Post Management Response

Wolfverine
Premium User Wolfverine
Turbocharged
589 forum posts Joined on 03-Dec-2005
Kerb rash repair on rims  Posted on 28-Feb-2017
Went to them to repair kerb rash on my rims. I must say that the workmanship is good and rim looks good as new. Reasonable amount paid too. Post Management Response

burns_kazuo
Premium User burns_kazuo
8 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2014
Professional and good workmanship  Posted on 09-Jan-2017
Went to have my 4 rims repaired at Mackenzie branch. Very cosy yet easily accessible and professional-looking place. There are many nice rims on display. Was given good professional advise/recommendation by the knowledgeable staff on my rims and what they will do to "Save" Them, before they work on them. Reasonably priced, workmanship is good (better than what I had expected) and amazed by their speed. Topped-up for wheel rotation as advised. Overall, very satisfied and job well done. Will definitely come back again to get new tyres and rims. Thanks! Post Management Response

Zoarium
Premium User Zoarium
15 forum posts Joined on 04-May-2009
Rim Repair  Posted on 27-Oct-2016
Good, prompt, fast and value for money service. Workmanship is fantastic. Will definitely recommend to friends for rims and tires services. Post Management Response

dannytan5996
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Mar-2016
Excellent  Posted on 17-Sep-2016
Just changed my tyre to kumho ps31 at MacKenzie this morning. Tristan is friendly, patient and polite. One look he knows that my rear tyres are noisy. (I also know by driving). The pricing is cheap. I will definitely recommend my colleagues and friends to support them. Will definitely go there to change my tyre again. Post Management Response

Redplanet
1726 forum posts Joined on 30-Mar-2008
Excellent rim repair and Customer Service  Posted on 20-Jun-2016
Went to their MacKenzie branch to repair kerb rashes for all rims. Did not make an appointment beforehand, but was still served by the lady receptionist and Tristan.

Tristan was friendly and obliging during discussion and the job was to repair 4x rims and install Orange TPMS for my run flats. There were some customers before my turn and i decided to leave my car with them while i left for lunch.

About 2 hours later, I was informed my car was ready. I arrived and told myself not to be too fussy with the results. However, i was pleasantly surprised with their workmanship. The rims looked flawless, even on close inspection. The Orange TPMS worked well too.

Well done, Tristan & Team! Post Management Response

Mavwong
Premium User Mavwong
87 forum posts Joined on 18-Jan-2011
Great RIM repair service  Posted on 21-Apr-2016
Manage to source a set of magline 5 rims from junkyard and send to Hurry for repair. Hurry did a quick check on those rims first and then only confirm with me is good to go. Kerb rash all gone with good price. Slap in conti CPC5 as recomended by Tris the boss and good to swap out my rim. Overall great experience. Tire price not the best but I am buying service there. Only down side is they don't have alignment service but rarely I need to do it. Post Management Response

Dilemma
Premium User Dilemma
136 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2007
Repaired my rims and Swopping my rims with another buyer  Posted on 16-Mar-2016
Went to hurry and was quoted really cheap compared to others for the 2 services. Turnaround time was really fast as theres many workers over there. Will definitely return for my next tyre change at hurry ! Post Management Response

Ken-sanki
Premium User Ken-sanki
472 forum posts Joined on 25-Oct-2015
Good service and plesant experience  Posted on 28-Feb-2016
Got my ride on late Nov 2015 with Toyo Nanoenergy R38 Tyre. I'm aware that Toyo is good for comfort ride and fuel-efficient tyre technology but I need something for better gripping and shorter braking distance type.

I went down to Hurry without making any appointment and hope to get this changed. My first choice is to change to RE003 but they do not have stock.

I was recommended by Hurry why no consider Dunlop SportMaxx RT. After some introduction on Dunlop SportMaxx RT, without any doubt I opt for Dunlop SportMaxx RT.

I will definitely recommend my colleagues and friends to support them as they are providing a good service and recommendation. Post Management Response

Unfair
Premium User Unfair
2349 forum posts Joined on 08-Aug-2008
Repair Rims  Posted on 26-Jan-2016
Went to their Mackenzie outlet and it was a very good experience.
Helpful staff and job was done quite fast. Best of all this is the best price in the market.
Enquired on prices for some tires and they were not pushy. Post Management Response

No_worries
Premium User No_worries
463 forum posts Joined on 29-May-2006
Back Again After 1.5 years  Posted on 18-Oct-2015
I recently bought a second hand Jetta and was looking to replace all my 4 tyres. Had a positive experience with them after my last tyre change last year with my previous car.

As before, service was good, prompt and the workshop guys used a torque wrench to ensure the correct torque was applied to the wheels to prevent it from being overly tightened and a proper vehicle hoist to raise the car. This is something quite rare in the trade these days as most tyre shops would change tyres using a jack up device and tighten bolts using the air gun device.

Shop waiting area was as before, cosy and well appointed with drinks such as coffee, tea etc.

I won't hesitate to recommend them to all my friends who need a change of tyres, rims.

A pity they don't do wheel alignment though! Post Management Response

user50
40 forum posts Joined on 22-Apr-2015
Great experience after ubi  Posted on 15-May-2015
Was looking for a fresh rim and tyre and after scouting UBI, it was a terrible experience. Pushy sales, bad technical knowledge, outright lying about a product and doubious pricing.

A friend recommended Hurry and i took the chance. The old boss, Mr Tan at bukit timah outlet is a really nice guy. Patient and not pushy at all.
After talking to him for just 10mins, i already set my mind to buy from him. He made the effort to look for options for me and gave a very reasonable price.

I will definitely be recommending friends and family to go there for rims and tyres. They deserve my all 5 stars rating! Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »