Consumer Reviews of 1st Auto Sembawang Pte Ltd

singaporeanson
Premium User singaporeanson
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Mar-2016
Toyota Camry - Lower arm assembly  Posted on 17-Mar-2016
Was looking for a second opinion as Borneo Motors Sin Ming quoted a ridiculous amount to replace the lower arm assembly (due to bushing crack) and also to replace the stabilizer's bushings...Talking about safety and all...

I was suspicious as I could not feel any vibration / harshness. .... So I called 1st Auto Sembawang for a quote and Meng quoted at a much much lower price compared to Borneo for original Toyota parts with serial ID.

While Meng was inspecting my car - he told me that the bushings were fine. Very minor crack & Crease but it's normal as its rubber. No need to change! I was delighted at 1st Auto and at the same time truly disappointed with BM as I had been a loyal customer with BM for many years... So to all out there, if BM asked you to replace anything, please get a second opinion! It can save u a lot of money!

Management Response

JoshuaSim
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Mar-2016
Very good service - high confidence  Posted on 10-Mar-2016
Service rendered is friendly and give high confidence. Went in to check aircon problem (not cold when car is idling) and to give advice how to make car ride less 'hard' and bumpy when going over road joints. Technicians were fast to work on the car once i drove in. Prices are reasonable. Fixed my aircon problem with a new compressor. Now i have cold aircon, always! Discovered tyres were pumped too much, 230-240, had to release air and improved ride comfort. Not to my exact expectation but from their expert advice, its the best economical solution for now. They discovered a tiny nail in one of the tyres that was causing me to always have to pump more for that tyre but couldn't figure out why. Now it's resolved. Paid $5 for the tyre fix - but required a lot of effort to remove tyre, water spray slowly throughout the tyre and painstakingly looking for bubbles. Did a great job.
Technicians are friendly and well trained, conversed in reasonably good english. I am very thankful for the effort they put in to make customer feel #1.
Mr Yap (owner) was very friendly and welcoming, spoke very good english. Came to shake my hand and even walked me around to view his other workshop with high end cars like Maserati and even a Lamborghini, so cool. He shared his passion for vintage cars and intro me to his workers restoring his very own Maserati classic. He gave me a sense of his kind heart and honesty in all his work. He also gave very sound advice on buying OEM parts and offered valuable insights to other car problems that customers face and how to avoid.
This is a workshop you can trust and stay on as a regular customer. Management Response

ddreng00
Premium User ddreng00
5 forum posts Joined on 17-Feb-2015
Ford Focus servicing & under carriage repair  Posted on 09-Mar-2016
My car was under Ethoz's regular services. Service due was on 7th March 16. That time, I noticed,  Ethoz Gul Branch ceased its operation. That’s why I was looking any other shop nearby either my office Tuas or my home Woodlands. After searching online, I got lot good remarks for this workshop here and it is found nearby woodlands rather than choosing Ethoz bkt btk or Tampines one.

First I contacted with the workshop regarding periodic services & Some under carriage repair jobs. Next day I drove my car to the shop & Their senior technician Ah Meng did a test drive & Advices me about under carriage repair jobs. I also showed him all my Ethoz’s services report on which all were mentioned clearly. He assured me during servicing he will go through several points checkup and could be able to advice more. As my car is continental car & All parts suppliers are not open on Saturday & Sunday, he asked me to send back the car next weekday.

If it is possible to send my car on weekday, it is not necessary to find others shop rather than send my car to Ethoz bkt btk or Tampines. That’S why I send my car on next day Sunday. Ah Meng was not present, I met director of the shop and another Technician who received my car & Note down everything what I mentioned. He assured me they also wash the car after servicing and once got quote from suppliers, will let me know to decide.

Next day Monday until 11 pm I didn’t get any call from the workshop, so I called Ah Meng to know about their quote. He replied that quotes are not ready and will call back in a short while. Waiting until 2 pm I didn’t get anything from them. After calling them, they only quote me only those parts which were advised to change by Ethoz. That’S why I asked them did they check my car or not. Got reply they haven’T checked anything. Also saying today not able to finish and not possible to deliver the car. I instant gave my reply to collect my car tomorrow after office, means Sunday morning I sent car, will collect Tuesday Evening my car. It was plenty of time for normal servicing and replacing front absorber & Back bush. In the mean time I informed them battery would be replaced by AA Singapore later if needed.

Tuesday whole day they didn’t make any call to let me know regarding my car. When after office, I went down there; First I met with workshop technician who received my car. But unfortunately, he didn’t able to recognize me and asking me which car was I talking! I told him about my car and asked him now I came down after 2.5 days later to collect my car and why my car could not start up? He replied me he didn’t know anything about this (!) car ( I mentioned earlier he received my car ). Then I called Ah Meng to come down. He replied me coming in short while. After coming back, he told me my car battery flat, that’S why could not start up, needed to change. Then why you guys never let me know earlier. He made apologies and was telling, he found the best OEM parts for me. I found my car inside and outside fully dirty with workshop dust! After I informed them, they said the best they could do only inside vacuum, and due to NEA restriction, they were not able to do anything for outside ( I mentioned earlier while I sent my car, their technician told me they would wash my car, later who didn’T able to recognize me and was not aware anything about my car).

They installed my GPS, I found GPS not getting enough current to turn on. They replied my GPS got problem, better to buy any other cheaper from Sim Lim. They installed Antenna, now FM signal got excessive noise!! Next day Wednesday morning, I sent Ah Meng several Picture, my GPS working fine from cigarette socket, he didn’t reply anything!

At the beginning what I saw in here so many good reviews, now me on doubt about those review’S Authenticity. Let's decide you what you like. Me shared my experiences only. Management Response

CK_TEO
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Feb-2016
Aircon Servicing  Posted on 21-Feb-2016
This company have experience technicians in handling car servicing. Today on Sunday they open till 3pm and I went down to ask them check/ diagnose on my Hyundai Advante car Aircon not cold issue. Ah Meng & Ah Jun attend to my enquiry. They check very throughly and found my condenser got a stone hit on it and causes the gas leaking. And they source for me on the spare parts and quote me with a reasonable price. After they replace the condenser and Ah Meng offer to check for my car having some knocking sound issue with a very friendly attitude. Their Boss_ Mr Yap also very confident in his conversation with me, he told me can fix my car before 3pm & Really my car is fixed before 3pm. I will definitely go back again for their good services. They never hard selling and very friendly towards Customer. Thumbs Up Ah Meng & Ah Jun & For this company. Management Response

Pweisen
Premium User Pweisen
15 forum posts Joined on 11-May-2009
Good customer satisfaction  Posted on 23-Jan-2016
The only workshop that i will visit.

Been to this workshop for the last few servicing. Getting more business but had maintain a very high standard. For my last trip today, 2 weeks before scrapping my car, the petrol door actuator was not working. Cannot open up that door and was running low on fuel. Panic and i made my last visit.

In a matter of minutes, the very helpful and knowledgeable Ah Meng manage to resolve my problem. Will definitely recommend this workshop. Management Response

NutzUma
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Dec-2015
Thumbs Up!!!  Posted on 09-Dec-2015
Thanks Mr Yap & His Mechanics.

Did a top overhaul in Malaysia but come back with an excessive vibration with a few error code pop up here and there in the system.

Came to this workshop to install the engine mounting on an Audi. Job was executed with full satisfaction. Both Engine & Gearbox mounting was replaced. The car system was reset and Mr Yap proposed to come back after a few days to ensure all function are operative.

Driving this car have been smooth and a breeze ever since.

A Good Overall Service Provided. Keep it up Management Response

zaccpal
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Oct-2015
Hey everyone trust me you will not regret this workshop, no bullshit, all pure.  Posted on 09-Oct-2015
God bless this workshop , my car had major issues had gone to many workshop could not rectify the problem , then my eyes saw this shop and told myself what the harm lets try this shop, was moved by the owners knowledge and the staff there all work like one big happy family. My car went for a full overhaul and even after that had other issues each time I went back they help me solve my car problem. Even at one time my car was jerking on a saturday night and I was at changi , I called up the boss Mr Yap , he was is Ipoh ,he told me to call Mr Meng for help , it was 11pm . I was to attend a wedding recep the next day , Mr Meng wasted no time and ask me where I was and came right over and fixed the issue. I was super moved by their customer relationship , I bet no workshop will ever go the extra mile to keep their customers happy. Mr Yap himself is a magician my car had no power to over take and dash with a swift touch he made it a Ferrari. Best of all no extra charges !!God Bless this workshop Management Response

hfchee
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Aug-2015
Very satisfied customer  Posted on 27-Aug-2015
I like to thank Mr Yap, the Boss of 1st Auto who picked up my call on last sunday night much to my surprise. I do not know him nor heard of his workshop except by chance reading some reviews. He offered some likely causes to my car airconditioning problem and suggested I bring my car for him to check. So I drove my Merc S280 to his workshop at North link Building on Tuesday morning. Mr Yap carefully checked the airconditioning system at the front bonnet of the car himself and then started the car. He immediately told me my cooling coil leaks and needed to replace. I asked him how he knows and he said he can smell the leak ! I told him my car only left 6 more months to scrapping and I asked him to give me a price. He gave me a quotation which was to my satisfaction as compared to other workshop especially when the whole dash board needed to be removed before you can access to the cooling coil. Mr Yap then drove me back to my office in Pandan Loop which I thanked him very much. On Wednesday late afternoon the whole job was completed and his man send the car back to me at my office with a 6 month warranty. I am indeed very pleased with their 1st class services and performance and would recommend all car owners to try them out if they have any problem with their car. Just tell Mr Yap, a mechanic turned Boss your car problems and he will surely have them fixed and at a very reasonable price. God bless Mr Yap for being so humble and for his business style !
Management Response by 1st Auto Sembawang Pte Ltd
28-Aug-2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing such kind, enthusiastic complements, the management certainly appreciate your rave review. Your positive feedback allows me to know that my efforts and determination on my work is appreciated. We will continue to serve all our customers the best way we can. Once again thank you.

1st Auto (Sembawang) P/L
Yap

Decibel
Premium User Decibel
2883 forum posts Joined on 06-Jan-2004
My new favourite workshop!  Posted on 04-Aug-2015
Drove by in my old Celica today to check out the workshop that I've read such great reviews about as the aircon in my car wasn't cold. Ah Meng immediately asked me to drive in for a diagnosis which was surprising as I had not even called ahead and the workshop seemed busy.

While waiting I chatted with a regular customer and he told me about the legendary Uncle Robin who was working on an old Jag and showed me some of the classic cars they were restoring in the other shop space which was awesome. All the staff spoke good English which was perfect for me as I do not speak Mandarin. Within about an hour the skilled mechanic who was working on my car had sorted out the issue with my aircon and it was cold again! I did not even have to replace any parts and pricing was reasonable.

I can tell that this is a very honest workshop with great people who are not out to cheat their customers and so to me is a shining example of what an excellent workshop should be like. I will definitely return in the future. Keep up the great work guys! Management Response

Wongkc
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Feb-2012
Best Service by 1st Auto Sembawang  Posted on 21-Jul-2015
My 5 years old Peugeot Car facing poor Aircond recently.
Some workshops told me that Aircond problem need to leave the car for 3-4 days. Learnt from sgCarmart, 1st Auto Sembawang is good at Car Aircond.
I decided to sent my car to them for repair and I hope that they will speed up the repair work.
Beside Air cond problem including cooling coil, they also help me to check other areas and found my clutch system (clutch plate) is not working well causing engine to halt sometimes.
Within 2 days, they managed to finish repaired my car with execellent good conditions.
They had replaced those parts with reasonable price and they had helped me to take my car early because I need it in afternoon. After repair my car is running very smoothly now.
Thanks for their professionalism and I am looking forwards on their servicing again in due course.

Management Response

Ken_leong
Premium User Ken_leong
443 forum posts Joined on 25-Apr-2007
Installed wrong OEM parts  Posted on 10-Oct-2014
Went to them based on the many good reviews here for servicing, changing of brake pads and troubleshooting of some squeaky sounds from the rear when going over humps.

They diagnosed that the rear sway bar bushing and holder was the problem so they changed those parts.

A month later, rattling sound was heard going over even roads. brought back to them, they said my bumper was loose, not much they could do.

Brought to another workshop, they found that the rear brake pads were was loose when installed in the calipers(after stripping almost part from the rear). They changed a new set for me and showed me that an OEM sits in the calipers securely.

After that, The car started to have knocking sound when going over humps. Brought to another workshop and found that the sway bar bushes were bent.

They then changed them to OEM parts and the knocking sounds were gone.

I was there(1st Auto) when the mechanic installed the bushings and holder and did saw that it the parts they installed, came wrapped in bags with the Mazda and part numbers. So I am not sure if they got the wrong Mazda part number or the supplier gave them the wrong parts.

No matter where the fault lies, I will not be going back there again as I had to take leaves just to rectify all the problems.
Management Response by 1st Auto Sembawang Pte Ltd
24-Jun-2015

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Before we change any parts we advise the customer first, and give them the option, either to use original parts or non-original parts. We ensure you that we have used the correct parts if not they won't fit in. We hope that you will come back to the workshop so we can continue to service you.

Thanks and Regards,
1st Auto (Sembawang) Management

Dowwell
Premium User Dowwell
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Mar-2011
Value for money  Posted on 02-May-2014
Went down today to service and get my window regulator replaced for my e90. As it was my 1st time going there i had kept my fingers crossed as the last workshop i went to and frequent made a mess of the car. Proved me wrong thumbs up for My Yap and his crew for a job well done. Price was reasonble and workmanship was good. I will definitely recommend this place. Appreciate their honesty which u dont find in many workshops. Thk u and keep up the good work Management Response

Kasim
Premium User Kasim
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Feb-2014
Used Car Problems  Posted on 21-Mar-2014
I am a newbie car owner. Just gotten a car but recently feel that it's not giving me a smooth ride. So decided to get it check out. Went through the reviews here so decided to give 1st Auto a try after the good reviews by others and since it's near my house. Was greeted by snr tech Meng. Very friendly chap and quite knowledgeable. After listening to my complains, he brought me for a test drive so he could understand my car problems thoroughly. After that he told me what he suspected. I asked him to go ahead and check for me. After checking, he told me the actual problem that includes oil leaking problem. He gave me a quote which to me is quite reasonable but the best thing is he is not pushy. After thinking long and hard and concerned about the safety aspects I told him to go ahead. Even though I have not much experience with other car workshops, Meng gave me an overall feeling of trust and honesty, which to me is very important. Management Response

sidmania
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Feb-2014
Forthcoming and honest  Posted on 16-Feb-2014
I use to visit a neighbouring workshop that sits in the same building as Mr Yap's garage in Northlink.

I only know them when he was at Macpherson many years ago. Till I search the Sg carmart again and discovered he has shifted to Northlink. So decided to give a shot as well as seek an insurance quote. Boy was I impressed with the way and efficiency of the workshop. They have many customers coming in but yet able to keep to their schedules. At least your problem is documented once you arrive with your vehicle. So there is little mis-comm amongst the master mechanics. And they are able to document further info should they be unsure.

I came with a loose brake force and erratic low RPM on idle or stopping. And immediately they went on their checks by jacking the vehicle. Nothing eventful. And mechanic was straight with me that the throttle body is extremely dirty. Brake pads and brake drum shoes were all new as they inspected. I even asked technical questions and they acknowledge the concern. But they advise against doing too much service on the vehicle until a clearer picture is obtain. Thus accepted the suggestions from them to monitor the vehicle after standard servicing and letting out air of the brake lines. Now brake is slighlty tighter and RPM idling is less erractic.

I highly recommend this if you are unsure of your car state and especially those exotic models as well. But I strongly advise to book advance appointments to avoid disappointment. Management Response

Redwind181
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Sep-2010
reliable & prompt service  Posted on 23-Oct-2013
Initially i was sourcing my master brake pump in the Sg carmart. After posting for 2 days, I received a quotation from !st Auto Sembawang. They also quoted me the labour charge as well. I decided to give it a try as the part/labors cost are reasonable. Upon my arrival, I was friendly greeted by mechanic Ah Meng, immediately he mentioned to me of my purpose. I felt so impressed that they are so well orientated. No many workshop can practice this. Besides, I also asked to replace my leaking engine gasket & wiper link, both part/labour parts are also reasonable. 3 days later, I received a call from Ms Ashery that all the parts have arrived, Upon arrival, 3 mechanics were deployed to work on my car within 10 mins and the job was completed in 2 hours without delay. I would like to thank the boss Mr Yap and his team for their prompt service. I will definitely recommend it to others for their good service. Keep it up the good work. Cheers. Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »