Consumer Reviews of MSP Far East Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »
andyQ9012w
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2019
Can Be trusted  Posted on 08-Feb-2019
The number of Singaporeans going to JB for cheap repair work had increased tremendously and I'm one of them. But nobody warn me of what will happen to my car.

I was enjoying my cheap thrills until my Audi Q5 stalled at a busy highway here and I thought I tried out MSP since they responded to my SOS on a sunday. What shocked me was I saw with my own eyes (when my car was hoist up) , it was in such a bad condition and nuts were coming out, a nut that look like it went through a mill was found in Oil Sump along with thick slug. It's no wonder my car stalled! The engine oil that came out was even worst, there were lumps and lumps of Oil slug. Calvin & His team, Varun & Arma took pictures at each stage as they unravel to find the main problem of my car. I gave them time as I wanted a good job and my precious car restored.

These guys don't get you for your money they help you get your vehicle running in tip top shape with reasonable prices, I realized the cost of my multiple trips to JB (over a period of about 6 months) is equivalent to 1 trip to MSP. So, people, you decide.

Finally, I had found a trustworthy Autoworkshop for my car. Post Management Response

SSjedi
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2019
Professional & Highly Recommended  Posted on 08-Feb-2019
I don't often write reviews, but in this case I felt these guys deserve all the credit I can give after all the trouble I created. Calvin , Varun & Amar handle professionally and I still get to keep at a fair pricing.

Like all guys, me and my buddies love to scout around online for best cheap buys for car performance parts and DIY videos. Well, it seems easy enough, change brake pads, engine oil , no sweat.
Well, guys I strongly suggest unless you are a trained Mechanic, leave it to them. My little accident really taught me not act smart.

When I tow my car in, these guys rectified my Alternator & Belt I fitted, tighten the nuts that were coming off, fit my Aircon Compressor and pipping & Hose that were worn and leaking & Fill up gas and ran the tests. I'm impressed of their carefulness.

I had to went back a few more times to MSP as I had previously done quite a few rectifications and repairs and my car was beginning to show the quality of my DIY work. One thing I especially liked was Calvin & Varun actually took the time and actually showed me in pictures , videos & In person explaining what was the issue and what they have to do. I've never been to a AutoWorshop that took time to explain with patience and in such detail the issues of car issues before! I highly recommend MSP.

I love my Porsche Boxster & My BMW now...Both purring so nicely and running so smooth now... With these guys around, I have time to really enjoy my cars . So guys, just leave it to the pros and enjoy your car for the amount you paid to acquire. Their price is fair and sincerely would recommend MSP team to anyone. Varun did my tunning to Stage 2 for my Porsche. Never regretted it. You could trust Calvin & His team ( Varun & Amar). My cars are now service by them now.

Highly recommended. Post Management Response

Ender1
5 forum posts Joined on 12-Apr-2018
Best Service Ever  Posted on 27-Dec-2018
Honestly they have the best service and charge very fairly. I got my ignition coil replaced for my Audi A3 and they did it well, quickly and price was reasonable. I recently went back to them for help after I accidentally dropped my engine oil cover into the engine undercover. They came down all the way to my office. I managed to get it out just before they arrived and they refused to accept payment even though they made the trip down. Calvin and his guys are really the best. Post Management Response

JJwangli
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Nov-2018
DILIGENT, GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 07-Nov-2018
My Audi was towed to his shop in bad shape. Oil leaking everywhere, front end smashed, very sad. I was terrified about what it may cost. Calvin helped with insurance, and made me feel comfortable. When I went to pick up the car and drive away I noticed some lingering issues. I called the shop, and Calvin took care of me & Took time to explain to me and how to take care of my Audi. He proves to be not only extremely knowledgeable about my car (and many others), but also exudes a brilliant and honest personality and a diligent work ethic and all the pictures and video updates Calvin & His team gave, I was assured my car is in good hands. Not only that my Insurance claim was a breeze.

I believe that the most important thing is making sure a job gets done, and if there are problems, taking care of them. Nobody in this world is perfect especially. When someone steps up and keeps their side of the street clean it means a great deal !

I am here to tell you that Calvin is a man of great character. Post Management Response

Alexandra
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Aug-2018
VALUE FOR MONEY  Posted on 13-Oct-2018
Let me preface this review by saying that I have never had a car serviced like this ever before. At first glance, it looks like another cut-throat workshop. But I was totally taken by surprised with the honest diagnostic and advise whilst other Workshops try every corner to make me keep changing parts.

Calvin & Varun hoisted my car up & Literally showed me the sad state it. I was totally taken aback that I was such a fool to be hoodwinked so long by the other so name " Specialized" Workshop.

Not only were Calvin, Varun & Amar thoroughly conversant & Confident with plenty of experience on engine issues of Continental cars, they provided detailed information about next steps and specific cost effective , practical recommendations saving me lots of money. They even gave me a Diagnostic List and this enable me to plan out my repairs budget.

I have every confidence that their attitude translates into top-notch transparent customer service at this company. Solid experience in every aspect of maintenance and repair on these vehicles and, just as important, a quality work ethic with no hanky panky.

My Porsche is running so smooth & Fast now and I'm finally enjoying my car now. Kudos to Calvin & Team. Post Management Response

anthonyPP
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Jul-2018
WORTH EVERY CENT  Posted on 03-Jul-2018
So I decided to try out MSP when the Agent quote me $6k to solve my issue of Water seeping into my car flooding the interior from Rear to Front. The Agent said it’s one unique problem so that’s why their quote is so high. Seriously?

I was so glad I took my car to Calvin at MSP. Not only I had a piece of mind with the videos & Photos they provides, their fee was reasonable and fair. I must give my hat off to Calvin, Varun & Amar. The amount of work done was really appreciated. And when I found the leak was in more than one place, Calvin & Varun jumped onto the problem immediately without additional charge.

These guys are great and detail. Any advice they gave, they never push me nor corner me. I have no qualms referring MSP to anyone.

Now, I don’t have to worry shit on rainy days. Definitely recommend MSP! Thanks guys.
31-Jul-2018

Haha yes Mr. P, now you don't have to worry shit on rainy days. Hope you're enjoying your car. Thank you for being so patient and understanding with us.

JERRYKANG
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Jun-2018
Service Your Expect and Deserve  Posted on 21-Jun-2018
SERVICE YOU EXPECT AND DESERVE Unlike other repair shops I have tried.

Calvin will tell you if they notice or find other items that need attention on your vehicle. This wasn't a "Get more work out of you ploy", it was being helpful and of concern for me, which I really appreciate. My Porsche went into limp mode at busy Orchard area at a good busy shopping hour on a beautiful Saturday evening, my luck! Calvin & His team responded immediately when I called for their advice even though I haven’t totally decided which workshop.

Calvin & His team diagnostic result shows my gearbox problem. Diagnostic equipment don’t lie unlike human. I would like to compliment on Calvin & His team that even though they knew my car have warranty, that didn’t stop them giving their best service especially when my tow truck arrive late in the night to tow to agent I’m taking my other cars over Calvin & Introduced my family & Friends too.

Like they say, good things don’t come easy especially Autoworkshop.
31-Jul-2018

Hey Jerry, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. It was our pleasure serving someone as understanding as you. All the best!

joseleeeloong
0 forum posts Joined on 14-May-2018
Good workshop  Posted on 14-May-2018
One important lesson I learned is Good Autoworkshop don't come cheap and if they do, something is amissed.

Last December, I thought I made a smart cheap deal having my 730 BMW for Transmission Oil change for less than $200. Little did not know what they have done when oil started appearing on the floor and jerking started on gear change. Came to MSP for a check before my outstation trip and what Calvin & His mechanic showed my really felt so cheated by that so call “ Agent recommended autoworkshop”. Worst there was a screw in it !!

Calvin was good…recommended a few practical options instead of overhaul and saved me substantial amount of money. Calvin & His mechanic Amar were conscientious, honest & Reliable showing me the videos and picture each day and I felt assured even though I wasn’t there physically. If you believe in making informed, intelligent investments in your automobile maintenance and repair, go to Calvin. Don’t bother waste time & Money on cheap cheap autoworkshop or so labelled Specialized workshop. You will regret like I did. So I highly recommend Calvin.

Calvin, Amar...You guys deserve this review. I'm glad I found you guys.
31-Jul-2018

Hey buddy, we're glad we were there to help you out. Don't hesitate to drop by for a cup of coffee when you feel like it. Enjoy your car!

bernardwong
0 forum posts Joined on 02-May-2018
HIGHLY Recommended & Good Workshop  Posted on 02-May-2018
I had the misfortune of my Audi breaking down on my way home from JB. What an experience!! I also learn always to have your mechanic check your car before taking a ride to Malaysia. Fortunately, MSP responded as my good friend say they would though I tried to call so many other Autoworkshop. I called the Calvin as recommended by my colleague. They were helpful and honest. And even waited for me to reach their workshop right up late into the night due to heavy traffic and gave me and my family a ride home. Found Mechatronic was the main issue beside a few other parts. I was show videos and pictures and am glad Calvin is this honest. Never was I updated or inform the state of repairs on my car by other Autoworkshop until came to this workshop. Calvin keep me posted all the way. I'm also grateful for the help extended in my JB ordeal. His foreman Amar did a good job I must say. Their bill was fair and my car performs so smooth and silent now. I would highly recommend this autowokshop to anyone especially those with kids. Safety come first.

BS Wong
31-Jul-2018

Mr Bernard! Thank you so much for your kind words. JB can be a scary place to break down. Safety indeed comes first. It was a pleasure serving you.

Brandonzhouu
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Apr-2018
Super Service  Posted on 26-Apr-2018
I love my Cayenne and my ever reliable work horse BMW 730. I'm happy that I have a mechanic who understands all about cars especially my type of performance cars. Calvin & His mechanic Amar has the experience, skills and tools to keep them running very smoothly. One so call ' Specialist ' quote me $7k to service my gearbox issue and another so call “ Expert” charged me $5k and it seems I was taken for a ride because the problem still existed and he can't explain a thing.

After I took my 730 & My Porsche to Calvin, it was a breeze. As another reviewer stated, Calvin doesn't speculate, no crystal ball, the team does their work and gives you a fair quote and options. I've been twice in the last year and I'll go back as needed to keep my car on the road. Thank you Calvin & Your team. Super service and had I know Calvin earlier, I would have saved myself alot of money and time.

Brandon
31-Jul-2018

Hey Brandon, we care for your beautiful BMW 730 and Porsche Cayenne as if it were our own. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. Really appreciate it.

IANKOHHUATKHEEN
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Apr-2018
As Good As It Gets!  Posted on 16-Apr-2018
As good as it gets... My Q5 transmission was having problems. The dealer said $8,000 to replace... Then they said $2,000 for a rebuilt.. This amount really gave me a heart bypass.

I searched for an alternative and Quality was top of my list. I can't afford in these economic crunch times and I need my car to help me achieve my Sales. So, I brought the car to MSP, Calvin & His mechanic diagnosed that the transmission that needed to be rebuilt. I was comfortable with the quote they gave me which was way lesser than the agent. They repaired the transmission beyond my expectations though the time took longer than what Calvin estimated, but I was more interested in them taking the time and doing it right. The repair was exemplary. The car now runs as good as new. I couldn't be happier.

What a great group of people to do business with. I highly recommend them to anyone. I am very pleased with Quality !

THUMBS UP BRO !!

IAN
31-Jul-2018

Hi Ian, it was equally if not better dealing with someone as kind and patient as you. Thank you for your kind sentiments. Hope to see you around soon.

WIRANTOX558
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2018
DEPENDABLE & RELIABLE  Posted on 04-Apr-2018
Car emergencies are not so bad when you have really good people to help.

Clouds of billowing white smoke from my tailpipe were fixed promptly when I brought my car to the ever dependable autoworkshop at MSP to Calvin's . I'm glad I know where to go for great service for my car, Thanks again Calvin. Thanks for your prompt response and advise. Thank you for your kind words and support and most of all, I appreciate the fair price. I'm come back with my family other cars for your service.

WS
31-Jul-2018

Hi WS, it was our pleasure being able to help you out. We sincerely thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you soon.

RogerYeeA6
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2018
Highly Recommended  Posted on 04-Apr-2018
As one of the other reviewers stated, this shop is a hidden gem in the neighborhood. My car failed on the eve of Chinese Lunar New Year!! Oh boy, my luck !! Just when I called so many Autoworkshops with no response, Calvin responsed. He not only came down with his mechanic & Brought tools and a spare battery. I have never been more grateful for his gesture to response and took the trouble to help.
He fixed my problem so that my car can ran until spare parts are available to fix my car properly.

After doing up my car when the Spare Parts become available, my Audi A6 never have been in better Performance. Oh why didn't I know this Autoworkshop before, I would have saved so much $$ due to high Oil Consumption. This issue was also fixed by Calvin & His mechanic !

I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a honest & Reliable autoworkshop to come here.
31-Jul-2018

We are glad we were able to help you Mr Roger and we hope you managed to enjoy your Chinese New Year this year. We are always here when you need us. Take care!

AdrianChen35
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Mar-2018
YOU GUYS ROCK!  Posted on 12-Mar-2018
I wrote a 5 stars review about this business.

I couldn't be happier with these guys! I own a Audi A4.

They did a diagnostic on something I wasn't sure and then Calvin & His mechanic Amar found one seal/gasket to be gone due to overheating, they flushed the radiator and then he took it for a test drive and found that it was not only that, but my thermostat was bad, since it was not fluid flowing through the engine . While on the test drive he detected a coil to be defective and threw it in there with no diagnostic charge!... Who does that nowadays ?? And I understood it was labourous taking out to check the gasket from the videos shown. I really appreciate these guys.

These guys are the best in town and on top of that, they are very aware of the hardship on the economy these days...

You guys rock!

I am definitely recommending these guys to everyone i know with European vehicles!
31-Jul-2018

Hi Adrian, appreciate the kind words very much. We are happy to see you appreciate the constant updates although it may have disturbed your busy day. It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again!

JasonLin35
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Feb-2018
GOOD & FAIR  Posted on 03-Feb-2018
Nothing worse than taking your car into a shop and knowing more than the tech at the autoworkshop.

However,this is not the case at MSP. Calvin's knowledge is certainly impressive, having previously trained in Germany & US. Calvin & His foreman, Amar do know their stuff. They are done an excellent work (inspected after they finished) and the price is more than fair for the work performed "No free meal in this world." So, I'm satisfied the amount I paid & Justified with the level of service & Repair on my overhaul. I was impressed especially I was constantly updated with videos & Pictures of the stages of progress of overhaul. Now, my A6 & Porsche 986 are so smooth & I'm enjoying my cars rides more than ever.

You guys deserve my time writing in this feedback. Keep it up boys!

Jason Lin
31-Jul-2018

Hi Mr Jason, it was a pleasure helping you out and it feels all the more special that you took the time out to write such kind words for us. We are glad you are enjoying your cars. See you around!

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »