Consumer Reviews of MSP Far East Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »
JEFFRE
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Apr-2019
REASONABLY PRICE  Posted on 18-Apr-2019
Foreign cars can be a PAIN, I personally attest to this fact unless you find the right guys that really know what they are doing and can actually offer you an affordable price.

That said, i am very thankful to have found these guys at MSP. I personally double check out the parts and they are reasonably price. I basically interviewed several shops before I decided to give MSP a chance on my Porsche baby and my Audi. I am thrilled to say that not only did Calvin & Varun done an excellent job updating me constantly condition of my car, they went the extra mile to fix my keys, my carpet. I really don't know what to say but geez, thanks!

I no longer have shop around for a mechanic. I have had very good experiences with the quality of the work, the prices that have been reasonably price and the awesome staff. I really don't mind them taking some time to do a proper job.

JEFFRE Post Management Response

kennywongzxc
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Apr-2019
Thumbs up  Posted on 13-Apr-2019
I always have my doubts on all the so called "Fantastic workshop "Reviews I see…it's too good to be true. But when my car starts to have cranking issues, oil leak and so forth, I thought I try out MSP with all it's " Too good to be true reviews".

The experience I get is to my surprise. Calvin & His team were in fact really friendly,. Honest

Thumbs up to these guys…..

K Post Management Response

ZAMZAM355
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Apr-2019
GREAT PLACE  Posted on 09-Apr-2019
I originally intended to give this place 4/5 stars because the repairs were not cheap. But when you decide to purchase a fast European car you should be aware that repairs will never be cheap. And if you compare MSP prices to the dealer and other workshops, then you will realize they're not unreasonable.

After reading so many positive reviews on this place, I decided to take my Porsche over. Everyone is right about MSP. Calvin is a gentle giant, a nice straight guy and I couldn't help but to trust him. Very concern & Detail. Very rare to get that feeling. I felt like Calvin & Varun were honest and knowledgeable about these cars which is proven when conversing with them. They immediately diagnosed the problem and then called me to advise best cost effective option which is really rare.

The shop is clean and it's professional! I'm very relieved to have found a shop for my Porsche after being disappointed with so many workshop who are just so keen to cut our throats. The videos and pictures assured me my car is taken care of while I am at work. I have a peace of mind.

There's thing MSP need to improve on is their turn around time. However, I never like rush job after experiencing so many workshops who did a terrible job and I have to go back again and again. It's just so exasperating. Would recommend MSP to anyone who want an honest, fair deal and good quality repair job.

GREAT PLACE ! Post Management Response

Porschkim
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Mar-2019
GOOD EXPERIENCE  Posted on 27-Mar-2019
Calvin & His team and their team are the best mechanics that I have ever dealt with. I took my BMW and Mercedes to many good mechanics but MSP by far is the most detail oriented, honest and hard working. They were able to pin point the problem with the noise in the steering after several other 5 star mechanics failed and basically were just guessing and replacing parts to see if it fixes the noise. Calvin & Varun refused to guess work and did though investigation until they found the exact issue. I didn't mind the wait as I was also very determine to get my car fixed properly as I have to travel frequently for my job to Malaysia and I will not compromise my safety. These guys were extremely honest and transparent about everything & Even gave me the honest options of fixing my car. Never going to take my cars anywhere else now.

JR Post Management Response

nickwongspeed
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Mar-2019
Fantastic mechanics.  Posted on 13-Mar-2019
Though this review is long overdue and Calvin, Varun & Amar deserve my time to write this review.

These guys know what they are doing, they work on European, Asian and Tunning. Most important of all THEY ARE HONEST, AND YOU CAN TRUST THEM!!!! Only place I take my vehicles, and my whole family goes there now. They are the BEST!!! One thing, they need to improve on turnaround but what can you complaint for Quality vs Quantity. I rather have a good job done and wait for my car's completion in proper than compromise Safety.

Kudos guys! Post Management Response

andyQ9012w
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2019
Can Be trusted  Posted on 08-Feb-2019
The number of Singaporeans going to JB for cheap repair work had increased tremendously and I'm one of them. But nobody warn me of what will happen to my car.

I was enjoying my cheap thrills until my Audi Q5 stalled at a busy highway here and I thought I tried out MSP since they responded to my SOS on a sunday. What shocked me was I saw with my own eyes (when my car was hoist up) , it was in such a bad condition and nuts were coming out, a nut that look like it went through a mill was found in Oil Sump along with thick slug. It's no wonder my car stalled! The engine oil that came out was even worst, there were lumps and lumps of Oil slug. Calvin & His team, Varun & Arma took pictures at each stage as they unravel to find the main problem of my car. I gave them time as I wanted a good job and my precious car restored.

These guys don't get you for your money they help you get your vehicle running in tip top shape with reasonable prices, I realized the cost of my multiple trips to JB (over a period of about 6 months) is equivalent to 1 trip to MSP. So, people, you decide.

Finally, I had found a trustworthy Autoworkshop for my car. Post Management Response

SSjedi
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2019
Professional & Highly Recommended  Posted on 08-Feb-2019
I don't often write reviews, but in this case I felt these guys deserve all the credit I can give after all the trouble I created. Calvin , Varun & Amar handle professionally and I still get to keep at a fair pricing.

Like all guys, me and my buddies love to scout around online for best cheap buys for car performance parts and DIY videos. Well, it seems easy enough, change brake pads, engine oil , no sweat.
Well, guys I strongly suggest unless you are a trained Mechanic, leave it to them. My little accident really taught me not act smart.

When I tow my car in, these guys rectified my Alternator & Belt I fitted, tighten the nuts that were coming off, fit my Aircon Compressor and pipping & Hose that were worn and leaking & Fill up gas and ran the tests. I'm impressed of their carefulness.

I had to went back a few more times to MSP as I had previously done quite a few rectifications and repairs and my car was beginning to show the quality of my DIY work. One thing I especially liked was Calvin & Varun actually took the time and actually showed me in pictures , videos & In person explaining what was the issue and what they have to do. I've never been to a AutoWorshop that took time to explain with patience and in such detail the issues of car issues before! I highly recommend MSP.

I love my Porsche Boxster & My BMW now...Both purring so nicely and running so smooth now... With these guys around, I have time to really enjoy my cars . So guys, just leave it to the pros and enjoy your car for the amount you paid to acquire. Their price is fair and sincerely would recommend MSP team to anyone. Varun did my tunning to Stage 2 for my Porsche. Never regretted it. You could trust Calvin & His team ( Varun & Amar). My cars are now service by them now.

Highly recommended. Post Management Response

Ender1
5 forum posts Joined on 12-Apr-2018
Best Service Ever  Posted on 27-Dec-2018
Honestly they have the best service and charge very fairly. I got my ignition coil replaced for my Audi A3 and they did it well, quickly and price was reasonable. I recently went back to them for help after I accidentally dropped my engine oil cover into the engine undercover. They came down all the way to my office. I managed to get it out just before they arrived and they refused to accept payment even though they made the trip down. Calvin and his guys are really the best. Post Management Response

JJwangli
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Nov-2018
DILIGENT, GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 07-Nov-2018
My Audi was towed to his shop in bad shape. Oil leaking everywhere, front end smashed, very sad. I was terrified about what it may cost. Calvin helped with insurance, and made me feel comfortable. When I went to pick up the car and drive away I noticed some lingering issues. I called the shop, and Calvin took care of me & Took time to explain to me and how to take care of my Audi. He proves to be not only extremely knowledgeable about my car (and many others), but also exudes a brilliant and honest personality and a diligent work ethic and all the pictures and video updates Calvin & His team gave, I was assured my car is in good hands. Not only that my Insurance claim was a breeze.

I believe that the most important thing is making sure a job gets done, and if there are problems, taking care of them. Nobody in this world is perfect especially. When someone steps up and keeps their side of the street clean it means a great deal !

I am here to tell you that Calvin is a man of great character. Post Management Response

Alexandra
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Aug-2018
VALUE FOR MONEY  Posted on 13-Oct-2018
Let me preface this review by saying that I have never had a car serviced like this ever before. At first glance, it looks like another cut-throat workshop. But I was totally taken by surprised with the honest diagnostic and advise whilst other Workshops try every corner to make me keep changing parts.

Calvin & Varun hoisted my car up & Literally showed me the sad state it. I was totally taken aback that I was such a fool to be hoodwinked so long by the other so name " Specialized" Workshop.

Not only were Calvin, Varun & Amar thoroughly conversant & Confident with plenty of experience on engine issues of Continental cars, they provided detailed information about next steps and specific cost effective , practical recommendations saving me lots of money. They even gave me a Diagnostic List and this enable me to plan out my repairs budget.

I have every confidence that their attitude translates into top-notch transparent customer service at this company. Solid experience in every aspect of maintenance and repair on these vehicles and, just as important, a quality work ethic with no hanky panky.

My Porsche is running so smooth & Fast now and I'm finally enjoying my car now. Kudos to Calvin & Team. Post Management Response

anthonyPP
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Jul-2018
WORTH EVERY CENT  Posted on 03-Jul-2018
So I decided to try out MSP when the Agent quote me $6k to solve my issue of Water seeping into my car flooding the interior from Rear to Front. The Agent said it’s one unique problem so that’s why their quote is so high. Seriously?

I was so glad I took my car to Calvin at MSP. Not only I had a piece of mind with the videos & Photos they provides, their fee was reasonable and fair. I must give my hat off to Calvin, Varun & Amar. The amount of work done was really appreciated. And when I found the leak was in more than one place, Calvin & Varun jumped onto the problem immediately without additional charge.

These guys are great and detail. Any advice they gave, they never push me nor corner me. I have no qualms referring MSP to anyone.

Now, I don’t have to worry shit on rainy days. Definitely recommend MSP! Thanks guys.
31-Jul-2018

Haha yes Mr. P, now you don't have to worry shit on rainy days. Hope you're enjoying your car. Thank you for being so patient and understanding with us.

JERRYKANG
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Jun-2018
Service Your Expect and Deserve  Posted on 21-Jun-2018
SERVICE YOU EXPECT AND DESERVE Unlike other repair shops I have tried.

Calvin will tell you if they notice or find other items that need attention on your vehicle. This wasn't a "Get more work out of you ploy", it was being helpful and of concern for me, which I really appreciate. My Porsche went into limp mode at busy Orchard area at a good busy shopping hour on a beautiful Saturday evening, my luck! Calvin & His team responded immediately when I called for their advice even though I haven’t totally decided which workshop.

Calvin & His team diagnostic result shows my gearbox problem. Diagnostic equipment don’t lie unlike human. I would like to compliment on Calvin & His team that even though they knew my car have warranty, that didn’t stop them giving their best service especially when my tow truck arrive late in the night to tow to agent I’m taking my other cars over Calvin & Introduced my family & Friends too.

Like they say, good things don’t come easy especially Autoworkshop.
31-Jul-2018

Hey Jerry, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. It was our pleasure serving someone as understanding as you. All the best!

joseleeeloong
0 forum posts Joined on 14-May-2018
Good workshop  Posted on 14-May-2018
One important lesson I learned is Good Autoworkshop don't come cheap and if they do, something is amissed.

Last December, I thought I made a smart cheap deal having my 730 BMW for Transmission Oil change for less than $200. Little did not know what they have done when oil started appearing on the floor and jerking started on gear change. Came to MSP for a check before my outstation trip and what Calvin & His mechanic showed my really felt so cheated by that so call “ Agent recommended autoworkshop”. Worst there was a screw in it !!

Calvin was good…recommended a few practical options instead of overhaul and saved me substantial amount of money. Calvin & His mechanic Amar were conscientious, honest & Reliable showing me the videos and picture each day and I felt assured even though I wasn’t there physically. If you believe in making informed, intelligent investments in your automobile maintenance and repair, go to Calvin. Don’t bother waste time & Money on cheap cheap autoworkshop or so labelled Specialized workshop. You will regret like I did. So I highly recommend Calvin.

Calvin, Amar...You guys deserve this review. I'm glad I found you guys.
31-Jul-2018

Hey buddy, we're glad we were there to help you out. Don't hesitate to drop by for a cup of coffee when you feel like it. Enjoy your car!

bernardwong
0 forum posts Joined on 02-May-2018
HIGHLY Recommended & Good Workshop  Posted on 02-May-2018
I had the misfortune of my Audi breaking down on my way home from JB. What an experience!! I also learn always to have your mechanic check your car before taking a ride to Malaysia. Fortunately, MSP responded as my good friend say they would though I tried to call so many other Autoworkshop. I called the Calvin as recommended by my colleague. They were helpful and honest. And even waited for me to reach their workshop right up late into the night due to heavy traffic and gave me and my family a ride home. Found Mechatronic was the main issue beside a few other parts. I was show videos and pictures and am glad Calvin is this honest. Never was I updated or inform the state of repairs on my car by other Autoworkshop until came to this workshop. Calvin keep me posted all the way. I'm also grateful for the help extended in my JB ordeal. His foreman Amar did a good job I must say. Their bill was fair and my car performs so smooth and silent now. I would highly recommend this autowokshop to anyone especially those with kids. Safety come first.

BS Wong
31-Jul-2018

Mr Bernard! Thank you so much for your kind words. JB can be a scary place to break down. Safety indeed comes first. It was a pleasure serving you.

Brandonzhouu
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Apr-2018
Super Service  Posted on 26-Apr-2018
I love my Cayenne and my ever reliable work horse BMW 730. I'm happy that I have a mechanic who understands all about cars especially my type of performance cars. Calvin & His mechanic Amar has the experience, skills and tools to keep them running very smoothly. One so call ' Specialist ' quote me $7k to service my gearbox issue and another so call “ Expert” charged me $5k and it seems I was taken for a ride because the problem still existed and he can't explain a thing.

After I took my 730 & My Porsche to Calvin, it was a breeze. As another reviewer stated, Calvin doesn't speculate, no crystal ball, the team does their work and gives you a fair quote and options. I've been twice in the last year and I'll go back as needed to keep my car on the road. Thank you Calvin & Your team. Super service and had I know Calvin earlier, I would have saved myself alot of money and time.

Brandon
31-Jul-2018

Hey Brandon, we care for your beautiful BMW 730 and Porsche Cayenne as if it were our own. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. Really appreciate it.

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »