Consumer Reviews of Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd

2.7/5

yhlok1988
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Jun-2019
Car Inspection and Inspection  Posted on 18-Jul-2020
Sent my car to the workshop for the week due to busy work schedule while the team checked and sent the car for annual inspection and came back passed.

While servicing after the inspection, the chief mechanic has been informed that the car has been vibrating for months when driving between 80km/h to 90km/h but no vibration when the car slows down. Did a series of test and discovered the fault that lies within the driveshaft system.

New parts were ordered and delivered to the workshop to replace the faulty parts, no more vibration after test-driving the car at high speed.

Thanks to the workshop and the chief mechanic and the team, will continue to patronize.

yhlok1988
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Jun-2019
Sidestep repair, roof Rails and snorkel Installation  Posted on 03-Apr-2020
Chanced about this workshop in February when one of my sidesteps was damaged accidentally at another workshop when the staff stepped on it.

In the same week, drove to a few workshops seeking help until the branch outlet in Lengkok Bahru advised me to visit the branch,

Left the car with the team on Friday and collected the car before the workshop closed on a Saturday evening. The sidesteps were bolted directly back onto the car. The sidesteps are strong and sturdy again stepping on them was never an issue to be worried again.

Visited the workshop two weeks later to install roof rails and two weeks later to have the snorkel pre-ordered and installed, which an offroad workshop couldn't bring the item in from overseas due to the ongoing virus outbreak situation. The car looks cool and way better than before.

Vinceng
Turbocharged
6062 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2007
No response  Posted on 19-Aug-2019
Sent a sms to enquire about magnetic sun shade and no reply. Called the mobile number and there was no answer. But no regrets as I got what I wanted at a much cheaper price elsewhere. Post Management Response

D_orai
63 forum posts Joined on 20-Nov-2016
Disappointing life of a light bulb  Posted on 18-Aug-2019
I was looking to change my incandescent turn signal light bulbs to LED ones so I chanced upon this shop while doing my tyre rotation at a nearby shop. I went into the office to enquire about the availability of the LED bulbs and the owner of the shop (presumably) tried to find the bulb from the wide collection he had in stock. After which, he claimed that he had the bulbs and offered to fix them into the car so I obliged. The lights seemed to function well when tested using the "Hazard light" Function in the car. However, he did not warn me about any "Hyperflash" Problems that may arise when using the normal turn signal functions. After driving for about 100 metres, the car's ECU detected a problem in using the LED lights and started to make the lights hyperflash whenever I turned on the signal lights, so I immediately turned back to the shop. Upon explaining the problem, the owner simply claimed that I had ought to know about the hyperflash and refused to solve the problem or refund, while only offering to sell me load resistors and claiming that the load resistors will be sold at additional cost as they needed to be ordered. Moreover, he said that he will be offering 1 week of warranty out of goodwill.

The hyperflash was annoying after a week of driving so I decided to remove the LED bulbs and replace them with the original incandescent ones. To my horror, I found out that the LED bulbs used were not the correct type. My car used bulbs that had pins offset at an angle of 150 degrees, but the bulbs that he had fitted to my car had pins that were 180 degrees apart. This means that he had simply forced the light bulbs into the connecting socket without actually realising that they were not compatible. This created a huge problem for me when I tried to remove the LED bulbs as the bulbs were stuck to the socket of the car. I had to forcefully break the LED bulbs and dent them with a screwdriver in order to pry them out, scratching my finger in the process. The end state of the bulbs are attached at the bottom of this post. The bulbs now have been rendered useless. The quality of the bulbs were also very bad as a small tug of the bulb broke it. The shop definitely overcharged me for the LED bulbs and the brand of the bulbs was also a very generic, unknown one.

I would seriously advise against engaging the services of this shop as it seems to be running its business in a very shady way by hiding facts from customers and overpricing its products. The other reviews show that the shop is quite consistent in disappointing its customers.

AndreRodrigues
0 forum posts Joined on 16-May-2019
Wasted my time and petrol going there over 2 weeks.  Posted on 16-May-2019
Disappointing experience.
As I'm new to the car scene, my dad was helping me to look out for bodykit sets when we came across their posting on SGcarmart.

Went there with my dad to find out about bodykit fittings for my car 2 weeks ago. Ordered a spoiler and an Incus bodykit set for hyundai avante which the lady said was made of ABS plastic and hence more durable (this will be relevant to later). She also said the bodykit would arrive within a week and she will call me on friday when it does.
I paid the 500 dollar deposit and looked forward to the next weekend.

Friday comes, no phone call. I call them on Saturday and she said the bodykit itself already arrive but spoiler was not ready. She then agreed for me to come down to fit the bodykit first.

Several things went wrong:
1) Secondary colour on the bodykit was wrong from what we asked for.
2) poorly finished paint on parts of the bodykit which made it rough and non-glossy on a palm-sized patch on the skirt.
3) Glue drip stretching down one of the skirts (At least the male boss offered to help buff that out)
4) After we agreed to just try installing anyway, the bodykit bumper lip cracked at the side during installation (I thought ABS was supposed to be durable?). The technician did not even highlight it to us. My dad happened to see it when he took a look at the corner after the technician screwed it in and went to another section.

While we were highlighting the issues, the Lady, initially ignored us and the conversation got heated whereby she then blamed her suppliers for the poor quality work, and then blamed me for calling her instead of waiting for their call. She also said we were being unreasonable when we expressed that we were not happy with the workmanship and asked why they did not check the parts when they arrived.

Since the part was cracked, the male boss offered to reorder a new set which he agreed to check more thoroughly before we came down to fit the spoiler and new bodykit as a set.

Few days later, they contacted us to say the replacement can't be done and they returned the cash deposit.

That was my experience where I lost 2 weeks that I could have been looking elsewhere for my kit, with many wasted trips
Management Response by Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd
23-May-2019

Dear Andre,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We have checked with our staff and found the product to be defective which was evident from the crack during installation in your presence. This was the first time we have encountered a defective product from our supplier, but under no circumstances have we avoided the issue.

We pride upon ourselves to deliver a great experience and though we have provided your feedback to our supplier, we have taken upon ourselves to remedy the situation by issuing a full refund to you.

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention and please continue to provide any valuable feedback.

Fastnfurious75
7 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2013
ANTI ROLL BAR INSTALLATION  Posted on 16-May-2013
I went to ask for antiroll bar to be fixed to my car and without checking, they said it can be done on spot and ask me to pay first which I did. Guess what. They are not able to do so and demand that I pay more to acquire additional brackets and then made me wait for a week more to do it. Yet despite having brackets in store, they still cannot do it and said I have to pay again to replace the lower arm bar. Request for refund is rejected many times. Post Management Response

Kurty
Supercharged
7389 forum posts Joined on 28-Apr-2009
 Posted on 24-Mar-2012
Regret going to this shop, things were overcharged and overpriced. Post Management Response

Jonyap_hondafit
36 forum posts Joined on 16-Jun-2009
 Posted on 30-Jun-2011
I had visited this workshop and was intersted in one of the ex stock item. Intend to arrange a few days later to revert to purchase and install. However, the workshop wanted me to make a deposit of 50%. After some negotiation and duress situation and that moment, I manage to made a $50 dollar deposit. On the day of installing the product, I requested to change to another product that is more suitable for my use and the person in charge (Dor*s) agreed for the changes. Upon arriving the workshop, Dor*s turn her words and said this is unfair to them and my deposit will be forfeited. I was taken aback and forming thoughts in my mind, the initial product i interested in is their ex stock and not specially ordered upon my request hence they should not have the rights to forfeit. Furthermore, she promised that I could changed to another item which is equivalent but she backed out. Hope my experience shared can give the consumer their second thoughts of this workshop Post Management Response

Sman6901
0 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
 Posted on 23-Apr-2009
Hi my VIOS' sports skirt seem to be dropping, i wonder if u got do fixing for this and other add on for VIOS body? Also intend to change audio, do u have any audio that can connect to ipod? thanks Post Management Response

Superboi