Consumer Reviews of Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd

AndreRodrigues
0 forum posts Joined on 16-May-2019
Wasted my time and petrol going there over 2 weeks.  Posted on 16-May-2019
Disappointing experience.
As I'm new to the car scene, my dad was helping me to look out for bodykit sets when we came across their posting on SGcarmart.

Went there with my dad to find out about bodykit fittings for my car 2 weeks ago. Ordered a spoiler and an Incus bodykit set for hyundai avante which the lady said was made of ABS plastic and hence more durable (this will be relevant to later). She also said the bodykit would arrive within a week and she will call me on friday when it does.
I paid the 500 dollar deposit and looked forward to the next weekend.

Friday comes, no phone call. I call them on Saturday and she said the bodykit itself already arrive but spoiler was not ready. She then agreed for me to come down to fit the bodykit first.

Several things went wrong:
1) Secondary colour on the bodykit was wrong from what we asked for.
2) poorly finished paint on parts of the bodykit which made it rough and non-glossy on a palm-sized patch on the skirt.
3) Glue drip stretching down one of the skirts (At least the male boss offered to help buff that out)
4) After we agreed to just try installing anyway, the bodykit bumper lip cracked at the side during installation (I thought ABS was supposed to be durable?). The technician did not even highlight it to us. My dad happened to see it when he took a look at the corner after the technician screwed it in and went to another section.

While we were highlighting the issues, the Lady, initially ignored us and the conversation got heated whereby she then blamed her suppliers for the poor quality work, and then blamed me for calling her instead of waiting for their call. She also said we were being unreasonable when we expressed that we were not happy with the workmanship and asked why they did not check the parts when they arrived.

Since the part was cracked, the male boss offered to reorder a new set which he agreed to check more thoroughly before we came down to fit the spoiler and new bodykit as a set.

Few days later, they contacted us to say the replacement can't be done and they returned the cash deposit.

That was my experience where I lost 2 weeks that I could have been looking elsewhere for my kit, with many wasted trips
Management Response by Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd
23-May-2019

Dear Andre,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We have checked with our staff and found the product to be defective which was evident from the crack during installation in your presence. This was the first time we have encountered a defective product from our supplier, but under no circumstances have we avoided the issue.

We pride upon ourselves to deliver a great experience and though we have provided your feedback to our supplier, we have taken upon ourselves to remedy the situation by issuing a full refund to you.

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention and please continue to provide any valuable feedback.

Fastnfurious75
7 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2013
ANTI ROLL BAR INSTALLATION  Posted on 16-May-2013
I went to ask for antiroll bar to be fixed to my car and without checking, they said it can be done on spot and ask me to pay first which I did. Guess what. They are not able to do so and demand that I pay more to acquire additional brackets and then made me wait for a week more to do it. Yet despite having brackets in store, they still cannot do it and said I have to pay again to replace the lower arm bar. Request for refund is rejected many times. Post Management Response

Kurty
Premium User Kurty
NOS-ed
7344 forum posts Joined on 28-Apr-2009
 Posted on 24-Mar-2012
Regret going to this shop, things were overcharged and overpriced. Post Management Response

Jonyap_hondafit
29 forum posts Joined on 16-Jun-2009
 Posted on 30-Jun-2011
I had visited this workshop and was intersted in one of the ex stock item. Intend to arrange a few days later to revert to purchase and install. However, the workshop wanted me to make a deposit of 50%. After some negotiation and duress situation and that moment, I manage to made a $50 dollar deposit. On the day of installing the product, I requested to change to another product that is more suitable for my use and the person in charge (Dor*s) agreed for the changes. Upon arriving the workshop, Dor*s turn her words and said this is unfair to them and my deposit will be forfeited. I was taken aback and forming thoughts in my mind, the initial product i interested in is their ex stock and not specially ordered upon my request hence they should not have the rights to forfeit. Furthermore, she promised that I could changed to another item which is equivalent but she backed out. Hope my experience shared can give the consumer their second thoughts of this workshop Post Management Response

Sman6901
0 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
 Posted on 23-Apr-2009
Hi my VIOS' sports skirt seem to be dropping, i wonder if u got do fixing for this and other add on for VIOS body? Also intend to change audio, do u have any audio that can connect to ipod? thanks Post Management Response

Superboi