Consumer Reviews of 1 9 6 9 Sung Beng Auto Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ) Next »
Jezza
0 forum posts Joined on 28-Jun-2011
Very poor experience for Blackvue installation  Posted on 22-Nov-2018
Went down to their workshop to purchase and install a 1-channel Blackvue camera in my new car (BMW X3).

Specifically told the sales lady that I wanted the wiring hidden and NOT to plug into the cigarette lighter. Was asked to wait 1.5 hours to get it installed. Waited for more than 2 hours and when they handed the car back over to me, lo and behold, the wiring was into the cigarette lighter.

Very friendly manager (who was trying to upsell me other products) said that they'll need an hour to fix it. I was already running late, so they said to go back another day.

Drove back down 2 days later today get it fixed and was asked to wait for an hour.

One hour later, totally no sight of progress. The mechanic looked lost and the manager said, "As my car is new, the workshop mechanic isn't sure where to draw power from". Said they need another 2-3 hours, which I didn't have, so would essentially mean I have to leave my car overnight.

To be fair, they were nice enough to offer me to use their workshop car (so they get 2 stars instead of 1), but I have kids so shifting all the child seats would have been a major hassle.

In the end, I lost patience, gave them a piece of my mind and told them to pack everything up. Zero compensation for my time and effort. No intention to head down a 3rd time for them to get their act together.
Management Response by 1 9 6 9 Sung Beng Auto Pte Ltd
24-Dec-2018

Dear Sir,

We sincerely apologise for the installation hiccups of the mechanic. Your car is a new model and he needs time to carefully install it. We would like to set an appointment at your free time to visit us for the camera fitting. Or we can also go to your place at your preferred timing.

Awaits for your affirmative reply.

1969 SBA

giraffey99
Premium User giraffey99
207 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2017
Friendly Pre-Sales. But much room to improve in the overall experience.  Posted on 02-Jun-2018
The Good:
- Pre-Sales was responsive and friendly. Appointment to send the car down could be done quickly within the day.

The Bad
- Not transparent with the pricing. Gave a pricing that excludes GST, and this was not mentioned. Had to pay for additional cost for removal of the dashcam which could have been avoided if the requirements in the presales was done properly.
- Installation took more than 2 hours for a simple dashcam. Removal of old dashcam left behind residues (not removed cleanly)
- Kept pushing for sale of other items after installation.
Management Response by 1 9 6 9 Sung Beng Auto Pte Ltd

Dear valued customer, We are regretted to hear your unsatisfied experience.

However, as a GST Registered company, its mandatory for us to charge GST on all our products and services.

We strive to make sure all the repair job is well done; hence we will usually give our advice/recommendation to our customers, but we respect if customer don't keen to follow.

We appreciate your kind feedback, hope to provide you with a better service in future.

Thanks.

Grsvch
Premium User Grsvch
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Jun-2011
Aircon cooling coil replacement  Posted on 17-May-2018
Got a good quote on the spot and received a whatsapp (with detailed breakdown quote) confirmation after fixing the repair appointment. Within 2 days was able to get my car instead of the 3 days given by another major car workshop that quoted me a higher price. Only blip is they prefer NETS or cash. Post Management Response

sgcshawn
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Jul-2017
Accident repair + gearbox/clutch repair  Posted on 10-Jul-2017
When I had my first major car accident, I went to another workshop in Sin Ming (recommended + tons of good reviews) for accident claim and repair works.

After collecting the car, I noticed that the color on the bumper and the body of the car did not have a consistent tone (it was 2 tone). I raised this to the owner of the workshop and he told me that they had resprayed the entire car for me, but he was not sure why the car still had 2 tone. He then went on to say "Oh maybe it was due to the new bumper that caused the 2 tone", and it sounded like he was trying to get me to buy his story that there will be 2 tone even if the entire car was re-sprayed so long you had a new bumper installed! Come on, seriously, do you know how you sounded like as the boss of a well-known workshop? I may not be in this line or field as you but I'm also not stupid as common sense tells me that even though some body parts of the car are new and some are old (due to repair works at some stage), the car should still have a consistent tone if you had re-sprayed the entire car!

Anyway, I decided to walk away and was determined to prove my theory so I went to Sung Beng when I had my second accident. True enough, even though my car had to be installed with a new bumper due to the accident, the color on the bumper and the car body was 90%-95% Close. I understand that it will never be 100%, but compared to the quality of the paint work done by the previous workshop in Sin Ming, what SBA did for me was really fantastic! By the way I was quite sure that they did not re-spray the entire car to achieve the one tone as it was communicated to me (that they won't be doing that) before they started the repair. Though in my heart I secretly wished that they can help me to re-spray the entire car :)

This was my very 1st encounter with SBA and I felt that they were honest and upfront in their dealings with customers. I can also tell that the quality or work and standards are observed and maintained in SBA when I collected back my car after the repair works were completed.

Recently, my car broke down due to gearbox and clutch issues hence I needed a tow truck. It was close to midnight already but within 30 mins after contacting Anne and Frankie, my car was towed back immediately to their workshop for checks. The next day after the checks were completed, I was deciding if I should have the gearbox and clutch replaced at SBA, but I decided to go for it as the SBA crew (Frankie and Anne) have been very honest, flexible, and willing to compromise. I trust them, and I know I can be assured of the high standards and quality of work that are maintained and observed in SBA. I will definitely go back to them for any repair, or servicing needs.

Good job SBA! :) Post Management Response

Newbie26
2Fast2Furious
1570 forum posts Joined on 18-Feb-2015
Good service  Posted on 04-May-2015
They are responsive and honest in their dealings

Price is reasonable

Happy with their service so far. Post Management Response

Vizuel
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Highly recommended  Posted on 28-Jan-2015
After going back there 3 times, I definitely have to post a review about them coming from me who don't post reviews ever.

I sent it my honda and renault for various issues. They are very clear and professional. I notice each time I go, on top of the normal job, they take the extra efforts in the little things you least expect.

This workshop got my loyalty. I will be introducing more people to this workshop. Post Management Response

Carmour
Premium User Carmour
697 forum posts Joined on 26-Apr-2004
Excellent and prompt service  Posted on 09-Oct-2014
I think that the prices here are good & the service is exceptional. My 'CO' initially did not like the place, as their workshop looks prety unkempt. But their service proved me otherwise.$ Post Management Response

leesh26
Premium User leesh26
6 forum posts Joined on 10-Jan-2014
Fast efficient troubleshooting and service  Posted on 26-May-2014
The plug coil of my car was worn and caused sever engine rattling. SBA deployed their own diagnostic kit and had the stock for the part in store for immediate replacement. All done within an hour on a Saturday afternoon. Post Management Response

Cool70
Premium User Cool70
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Dec-2012
Great Customer Service All Rounder...  Posted on 21-Apr-2014
Hi Frankie.. Thank you for introducing the spark ignition system. Had the final stages VSD IV installed, Thanks to Mech Lim who attended my ride & done it in less than 20min. My Ts never felt the same, it's awesome now!!! Thank you to all the staff for the great service, cheers!!! Post Management Response

adphillipps5
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Feb-2014
SATISFIED & HAPPY  Posted on 21-Feb-2014
Hi Ken,Thanks for attending my car.The aircon feels like new! Thumbs Up Post Management Response

honeybunny
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2014
Best workshop I've been to  Posted on 09-Feb-2014
My car has multiple problems, I went to a few workshops before I found Sung Beng. Those workshops somehow made matters kind of worse and still cannot solve the problems.

However, at Sung Beng, the guys are very efficient and able to solve my car problems quickly, 1 at a time. All 3 mechanics, Ah Hee, Sky and Ken had attended to my car before patiently. Most of my repairs are attended to by Sky, and there was one repair that kind of impressed me - I went there to change my bushings & transmission fluid, but I was surprised when Sky actually did additional diagnostic tests as well and I don't know what he did, but somehow my cars overall performance has improved. The best part is, I didn't even ask for it and it was like a value added service that he did to make a customer happy. Thank you Sky, and Also Ah Hee and Ken for your patience with my car even though it has too many problems and I am sure it might give you headaches haha.

Regards,
Honey Tunn
(Owner of the problematic Mitsubushi Lancer) Post Management Response

fizzy
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Jan-2014
Throttle Controller  Posted on 02-Jan-2014
I use to visit circuit road , just upgraded Throttle Controller SP9 on my Honda City at Toh Guan Rd
Good service & workmanship!!Two Thumbs Up!! - Post Management Response

ravathi46
0 forum posts Joined on 25-Nov-2013
Great Service  Posted on 31-Dec-2013
Your service is great…. Your mechanics are friendly and experience they answer my questions well and solved my car problem efficiently…. Post Management Response

Redforte
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Aug-2009
Very satisfied with their service and workmanship  Posted on 30-Dec-2013
Thanks for your effort Ah Han and staff from Sung Beng circuit rd.
Keep it up! Post Management Response

michaelkhim
0 forum posts Joined on 31-Oct-2013
Car repaired due to accident  Posted on 31-Oct-2013
I sent my Mazda 3 car for repair from minor accident. One of the car headlight need to change and costed me the most on accessory. Besides, the paint costed me quite a lot too. The guy who assist me has a good skill and personality. However, the repaired car need to take up to 2 weeks time which I find it a bit too long. Maybe the workshop has too many customer. That's why it took long for the repair. Overall, I find that the cost of the repair costed too high. It really cut a big portion of my flesh from the repair. When I took the car, it seem not that clean as I requested from them to clean up after repair. After all, I didn't really find so much satisfaction due to high cost. Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ) Next »