Consumer Reviews of Pitstop Tyres Pte Ltd

yishunite
Premium User yishunite
246 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2018
A trusted shop for many years  Posted on 08-Oct-2018
Years ago, my friends used to swear by Pitstop and I would just nod my head politely as I wasn't really into tyre and rims detail. But recently I decided to finally take the plunge, but not knowing much, went to Pitstop to enquire. Was blown away with their (both Edmund and Anna's) attention to detail and knowledge.

Most importantly, very transparent pricing and responsive service. No gimmicks, no hard sell, no bait-and-switch. Now I see what all the rave reviews are about. Post Management Response

Mcscot
Premium User Mcscot
336 forum posts Joined on 02-May-2010
Great service!  Posted on 17-Jun-2018
I drove my old set of Goodyear TripleMax tyres beyond what it was meant to ... Great set of tyres (read my previous review!)
But it gave out in the middle of the road at 7pm at night!
I looked around the sgcarmart and found Pitstop as it was the only shop opened at 8pm!

I called and they offered Toyo Proxes C1S for a good price ... I travelled down and spoke to the owner. I managed to change my battery as well. Great guy (even better when I found out he was from my alma mater)!

Though the tyres were a little "Dusty" (aka oldish) ... I thought the price was great. I usually read reviews of the tyres before changing but I trusted the guy!

Highly recommended! Post Management Response

TerrenceChee
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Sep-2018
Great service, great price  Posted on 17-Sep-2018
Many thanks to Edmund for his excellent advice and suggestions in selecting the right tyres for my SUV. We spent a long time chatting on the differences in tyre makes, thread pattens and sizes to make sure I made the right choice to suit my driving needs. Very happy with the tyres he selected and at a great price!
If you want to change your current set of rims and tyres, go chat with Edmund. He the MAN! Post Management Response

Pinninfarina
Premium User Pinninfarina
8 forum posts Joined on 28-Jul-2009
Great service, good recommendation, reasonable pricing  Posted on 09-Apr-2018
I came to know about Pitstop Tyres through this forum and am thankful for it. Visited the outlet at Upper Thomson road for the first time this afternoon and spoke to the boss Edmund to seek his advice on rim and tyre replacements for my Kizashi. He was patient and helpful and finally, settled on a deal which I find is priced reasonably. I left a happy man with a new set of rims and tyres, all done within half an hour. The after sale service is great too as there will be tyre rotation and regular top-up of nitrogen. Thanks to Edmund and Anna for your great service. Two thumbs up👍👍 Post Management Response

adriantanyk
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Jul-2017
Happy 1st timer  Posted on 29-Jul-2017
1st time here, not knowing what to expect. But they make you feel at home. Friendly and professional, finding out all the details like driving pattern, budget, etc before recommending the right tyre. Lots of sharing, and no hard selling. Happy with the tyre and rim change, will definitely return ! Post Management Response

Squallgoh
Premium User Squallgoh
4 forum posts Joined on 07-Jun-2013
My go to place for all things tyres  Posted on 09-Mar-2017
First visited them in 2011 in their old location when I had a puncture late in the evening. Was surprised when I drove my humble Suzuki Swift there and saw the array of contis. Told Edmund I was a new driver, still P plate and there was a slow puncture on my tyres. No hard sell new tyres, no carrot chopping, he got his tech to fix it for me at a low price. And was served professionally even though I had just a humble ride.

Fast forward to 2017. Just collected my 2nd hand Ford Mondeo. Needed a new set of tyres for a trip up north. Went to Pitstop and told him my requirements - good braking capabilities both wet and dry, comfort, low noise. Basically a good cruising tyre. He recommended a few tyres to me and finally we decided on the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39. He gave me a good price, and went to the distributor to collect it in the heavy rain as they don't have ready stock.

After a 2,500 km road trip, I must say this was a good tyre choice for my needs.

Comfortable lounge, with CNY goodies and coffee/tea/milo. Usual lifetime nitrogen refill and rotation every 10,000 km included in price. Post Management Response

Wegona
Premium User Wegona
5 forum posts Joined on 16-Oct-2005
Dishonest  Posted on 13-Sep-2016
Went to buy a set of used tyre some months back. Was told it was good to last another year till end of life for my car. Took recommended tyre and later found DOM to be year 2011. Not comfortable with it, I asked the owner,he further assured me and took out some documents to proof his point. So naively i took it, low and behold, during my drive on NSHW, tyre gave way. Thank God was able to find a TYRE shop and a kind Sporean (REALLY CANT THANK U MORE)who helped after driving along NSHW at 50km/h for more than 30mins.

Lesson learnt, never buy used tyre ( not true also, i replaced with another set of used tyre, quality n price wins hands down) n definitely not back to this shop.

To owner if u reading, customer safety first Please!
Management Response by Pitstop Tyres Pte Ltd
14-Sep-2016

Dear Wegona,

Tyre life usage depends on what kind of driver you are on average for the tyre you bought is not a problem plus minus a year.

you never mentioned you travel up NSHW very often so even new tyres cant last a year.
As you said you used the tyres already for a few months with No problems watsoever.
There never is a warranty for used tyres. warranty 1 week is norm.

maybe you never checked your tyres b4 long trip or already had a slow puncture or you incurred the puncture or hit something during the HWY and drove with the flat tyre tats why it tore. would you admit??
Tyres dont give way like that anyone can tell you tat.
2011 tyres are not the problem. failure to check and insensitive inexperience driving and steering feel is the problem.

Even Insurance companies DO NOT insure NSHWY driving.

If that's the problem and no one can tell please do not falsely put blame on others for your own shortfalls.

If you can understand you should read this acticle.

like you said have been using for a few months already if you had a problem why not come back I would have gladly solved the problem for you if needed but you never once called or came in for a free tyre check.

as for safety we have been doing this a long time and never once a SAFETY ISSUE. we treat our expertise very seriously.

PS: if it is true in what you say then bring us the damaged tyres for investigation I will gladly replace another set for you.

SIM37
119 forum posts Joined on 22-Mar-2010
Another review after a few years of going to these guys!!  Posted on 06-Sep-2016
I have sent 3 of my family cars to him for tyre replacements over the last few years and they have never dissapointed me. At the very least I owe these guys a good review here since this is their new facebook page long after they've moved to Upp Thomson.

I went there again yesterday, Edmund and team did way beyond their call of duty to help troubleshoot a noise I had on my wheel which (thankfully) turned out to be a brake pad that was misaligned.

I've also brought friend's vehicles here for him to "Take a look" At and each time, they were not pushy and gave suggestion/advice based on the Owner's perspective to both save running costs or best interest in safey. I have always sent cars to Pitstop to look at before any Inspection due date or if there are weird noise/warning signs and every time, if nothing needs to be done they do not recommend I change anything.
Will go back to these guys each time I need a tyre change or servicing for anything.

Well done Pitstop Team Post Management Response

Mz3SP0907
Premium User Mz3SP0907
354 forum posts Joined on 15-Dec-2010
Amazing Experience at PitStop  Posted on 23-Jun-2016
Was looking to upsize tires for my ride from 225/45-18 to 245/40-18 recently and seek assistance from many tire outlets but without avail although I strongly felt that it can be done.

Drove to PitStop to seek help and Edmund took a look and said... Can be done, I was overjoyed but cautious though. Then Edmund again assured me that is ok.

So proceed to install, true enough... Everything was fine and still fine till today.

Kudos to Edmund and team!!! Keep up with the good works and customer service Post Management Response

Wongders
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Apr-2012
Great personal & reliable service  Posted on 03-Jun-2016
Not easy to manage a team of young man. Edmund experience & Personal involvement defray any worry that one has when the kids work on the wheels. Good deal trading in my new wheels for a set of 19". He makes sure my concerns & Request r taken care of. Don't mind making 2 trips there. Besides saving, it's the knowledge that they did a good job. Post Management Response

Mywish70
Premium User Mywish70
13 forum posts Joined on 22-Jun-2006
Excellent customer service!!! Real value for money!!!  Posted on 01-Apr-2016
Went down to Pitstop at 8.20 pm to look at a set of kick off tires. Prior to my visit, Anna patiently explained to me what is a kick off tires and introduced me to an array of models that fit my car, over the phone. She offered to check the stock availability and offered her advice on the various brands and models.

Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly by Edmund. He wasted no time to recommend me a few sets of tires that will meet my specifications. It was after 3 - 4 recommendations, I settled down for a very good condition, traded-in tires. I was astonished that these tires are in such good condition!!!

I was impressed with their shop floor, which is very neat and tidy. No tools or loose items lying around. While waiting for the tire changing, Edmund and I talked a bit. I told him that I really liked his business idea to open his tire shop till 10 pm. Who would ever thought that the customers will only be available after office hours!!! And why are other shops closed at 6 pm?

Finally, my tires are installed and they were topped up with nitrogen and Edmund offered me free nitrogen top up every 4 months! Edmund and I exchanged handshakes before I drove off.

Two thumbs up!!! Edmund is Mr. Unbelievable. Post Management Response

Mikelim8116
Premium User Mikelim8116
1 forum posts Joined on 24-Oct-2009
Honest & Friendly Tyre guys  Posted on 27-Oct-2015
Thanks Edmund & His guys for a excellent experience on my new Kumho tyres. Keep up the good works. Post Management Response

Privacy
1838 forum posts Joined on 20-Feb-2015
Not honest  Posted on 06-Aug-2015
Enquired about dunlop d05 17" After trade in with my almost new skyactiv mazda 3 rims and tyres.

Quoted me 600 nett cash after trade in.

However he advertised 158 per tyre on MCF.

You mean my brand 4 new rims and 100km tyres worth 32 bucks????
Management Response by Pitstop Tyres Pte Ltd
07-Aug-2015

Dear Sir,

FIRSTLY YOU SLANDER & DEFAME(LEGALLY) US BY SAYING WE ARE DISHONEST on public open forums.

THERE WAS NO TRANSACTION ONLY A QUOTE VIA SMS.

You did not even introduce your self. We don't know who we are conversing with.

We have never met you. You did not come to our shop. we did not see your car.

You asked us for a trade- in on something we have never seen. VIA SMS not even a picture provided.

Thank you for your SMS inquiry whoever you are.

Dear readers we have never replied to any reviews. but this???

Happy SG50.

Edmund

Fpchong
Premium User Fpchong
89 forum posts Joined on 20-Apr-2005
Special offers on Car Expo  Posted on 21-Jul-2015
Purchased a new set of tyres during the Car Expo for my Trajet for only $400 per set. Tyre size 215/60/R16 Nexen NBlue HD (actually promotion is more than the price i get and managed to grab the last set of the offered tyres).

Schedule the installation of the tyres in May after pickup my Trajet from 2nd Hand car dealers. Almost the first to be there to install the tyres.

The location is easy to find and the reception area is cozy with handphone charging ports provided.

Walking thru their installation and see how they did the works is a breeze. They also provide free balancing and alignment for new tyres installation. Not to forget free car wash and vacuum services after installation.

Will recommend my friend to drop by if price is as cheap as i could get during the road show.

Service technician is also knowledgeable and also able to provide good information. Post Management Response

SGCMWhiteKnight
Premium User SGCMWhiteKnight
130 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
Good products at good prices with good services  Posted on 09-Jun-2015
I just bought a set of Michelin PS3 after the sidewall of the Goodyear gave way after hitting a kerb. For the most part, the GY F1A2 was a pretty good tire: only once did it lose grip on hard cornering. It was comfortable and offered decent grip.
The PS3s are a different proposition altogether. Immediately better grip and more positive feedback and steering feel. Corners tighter and gives you more confidence. Reminiscent of the R888 I had earlier, but those wore out super quick.
PitStop Tires are the real deal: great place to chill on a hot day in aircon comfort, the shop is well equipped for tire installation, nitrogen filling, wheel alignment, and friendly service.
Highly recommended! Post Management Response