Related Categories

Featured Products

Editor's Review
High performance, great price - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
13-09-2019  |  's Review
The Asymmetric 5 is Goodyear's latest tyre in its all new Eagle F1 range, promising increased grip and shorter stopping distances - for a great price. Read More »
   Consumer Reviews of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
9 out of 9 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

Soundphile
116 forum posts Joined on 09-Jan-2008
Impressive all-rounder tyre at an affordable price  Posted on 03 Dec 2019

Volkswagen Jetta

Changed to a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5 tyres from LSTA recently. The price is very competitive as compared with its rival such as the Michelin PS4, which was also the previous set of tyres that I was using. Having used the F1 Asymmetric 3 some time back, I had my reservation on the Goodyear tyres initially as I find the F1A3's sidewall too soft for my liking. However, I go ahead with the F1 Asymmetric 5 due to the good reviews online.

In terms of noise, vibration and harshness, the F1A5 is very quiet and able to cushion undulation very well. The tyre also has very low rolling resistance, which is something that surprises me and this is what I like the most about this tyre. Fuel consumption for my car has dropped significantly as well.

Traction and braking distance wise, I would say it perform well and up to my expectation, in both wet and dry conditions. The tyres give me good confidence in terms of handling.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is a very good all-rounder tyre and has improved a lot from it's predecessor. I feel that it is as good as it's competitor, if not better. I recommend it to all drivers to try it out.

- Rim protector
- Quiet
- Cushion road imperfection well
- very low rolling resistance; good FC
- Competitive pricing

An excellent all rounder  Posted on 26 Nov 2019

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Toyota Corolla

I had this tire for 50,000km, and has travelled up north numerous times. This tire can be characterised as comfortable, fuel saving, and predictable in all kinds of road condition here in Singapore. It is a very good all rounder, but not excellent in any area. I will recommend this if anyone is looking for a very good tire for good price.

Quiet
Grippy for up to 50k km
Didnt experienced a single puncture or damage
Lasting

After 50k km, the noise level is bad.
If the side wall is harder, it will be better for cornering, but less for comfort.

Sdf4786k
NOS-ed
6724 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2007
Best bang for the dollar with superior performance at affordable price  Posted on 16 Nov 2019

Volkswagen Golf

This is probably the best, if not one of the best street-legal tires at this price point.

Use to have other UHP tires on my car but while it has a good grip, it does not give a confidence level when it rains.

And that's where the Goodyear Assy 5 outperforms the competitor. When you need it, it never fails to deliver. Especially in Singapore whether where it rains and shine or even have flash floods, you will not want to be caught in a situation where when you need it to stop, and start praying that it does.

When you change a set of tires, that set of small patch is important for it to deliver the results. In this aspect, having a cost consideration in the price bracket where affordability meets ultimate results, its a no brainer to have a set of Assy 5 tires after trying some of the more expensive ones, the Assy 5 in my opinion still gets more done with less cost. Plus the fact that the tire wear is low, you be hard press to find a better set of tires that is all weather.

Noise level is also reasonably good and when it age, it still retains the specific amount of acceptable level of both feel, ride quality and NHV.

Good grip in dry and wet condition. good price point and value for money proposition, where else , the competitor is asking for 40% more for what appears to be similar level of performance and yet does not function as good.

Not available for some sizes and stock status sometimes varies.

Dilemma
319 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2007
Well balanced tyres with low road noise  Posted on 16 Nov 2019

Audi A4

Had been using the F1A3 for the past 2 years and recently changed to the F1A5. Not only the tyres are quieter and i can feel the wet grip to be better than the predecessor. Pricing is also a plus point as it is much more competitive comparing to other tyres of the same caliber.

Love the improvements made from the predecessor and hopefully there will be a newer version again for my next tyre change.

- Pricing
- Low road noise
- Balanced wet and dry grip
- Comfort

Nil

wwf
wwf
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Sep-2016
Best value performance tyre  Posted on 12 Dec 2019

Volkswagen Tiguan

Great wet performance... Great rolling resistance... Great noise control...Great price compared to competition... Great looks. Couldn't have ask for more from a tyre.

Wet performance.
Quiet for performance tyre.

None.

jcasper266
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Dec-2019
Impressive wet and dry grip  Posted on 10 Dec 2019

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Kia Cerato

Have run more than 2000km of this set of tires.

Upgraded from Kumho Ps31.Feels slot better due to stronger sidewall during cornering.Wet grip is exceptionally impressive.

Just hope the performance stays consistent throughout the lifespan

Strong side wall providing confidence in cornering
Superior wet and dry grip
Great price compared to other UHP.

Slightly noisier than expected

sumh
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Oct-2013
Great value performance tyre.  Posted on 10 Dec 2019

Honda Accord

Got a set of Asymmetric 5 tyres after reading some reviews online. The price is very attractive for a performance tyre from established brand. The grip performance is good for wet road condition, similar to what others have mentioned.

As compared to other performance tyres, Asymmetric 5 seems quieter and offers more comfort.

Attractive price and the performance.
Quieter

ZhunBo
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Jul-2013
Great tyre with good grip  Posted on 14 Nov 2019

Audi A6

Goodyear Eagle F1 A5 tyre offers a good combination of comfort and performance. It seems quieter than usual performance tyres. Another interesting thing that I like about this tyre is its price. Very attractive for a performance tyre.

A quiet performance tyre and great price

essenzaandy
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Apr-2015
One of the best available  Posted on 13 Oct 2019

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Mercedes-Benz E250

Took out the stock RFT Michelin Primacy 3 2 weeks after collections a year ago due to noise. Changed to yoko V552, it's quiet but uncomfortable due to soft side walls. Replaced with newly launched BS T005A which is quiet, better comfort than V552 but poor grip and soft side walls. Tried GY F1 A5 which just arrived with my size and surprisingly it's offers good grip (car like glued on the road), comfortable over bumpy roads/humps and proven on wet. Slightly noisier than T005a but think it's a best choice I've made so far. Durability wise no comments as my main concerns is noise level and grip. Running on 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear.

Affordability ($1080 for something made in Europe)
Good dry/wet grip
Comfortable/Low noise
Rim protector

Slightly noisier but low noise considering a UHP tyre