Related Categories

serenade
519 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2014
Long Term Usage Update  Posted on 03 Nov 2020

Mercedes-Benz E250

After 3 years and 37,000km, the set is finally due to be changed as reached end-of-life. I conscientiously rotated the tyres every 10,000km during its life.

At this stage grip is still reasonable in wet and dry, ride is still quiet, humps are handled well. However the 2 front tyres have started to peel. Small 5 cent size patches have come loose all over the tyre surface. Thread is about 3mm deep.

I am not a hard corner taker nor hard braker most times. However there were days when conditions allow, I did push into the corners. The tyres have never lost composure even till this stage of wear on damp roads.

Overall the PS4 have served me very well over the last 3+ years. I always felt safe with them. So much better compared to the Primacy 3 they replaced. However the Primacy have a longer life span at expense of overall grip.

Will I stick with PS4 for my next set? No, because the Goodyear Eagles F1 Asy5 look better value at $80 less per piece.

Grip in wet and dry even till end of life

Life is short. At 36,000km the front tyres have started to grain and peel in 5-cent size patches

Stable & smooth tyre  Posted on 23 Feb 2021

Features 3/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Audi A3

Good tires. So far is stable on the road and smooth. - Li Zhikai, Owner of Audi A3 SML91--B

Can feel the difference  Posted on 20 Feb 2021

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5

Honda Fit

After changing from Yokohama, can feel the difference in term of grip through dry/wer weather. It is not noisy especially in the carpark when you steer to park. Those screeching sound - Gan Kok Jin, Owner of Honda Fit SMW13--H

Best tyres  Posted on 15 Feb 2021

Solid wet and dry performance  Posted on 08 Feb 2021

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Honda Accord

Solid wet and dry performance without compromising on ride comfort. - Justin Liew, Owner of Honda Accord SMW72--A

Good and stable  Posted on 08 Feb 2021

Features 4/5 Performance 3/5

Honda Civic

For wet and dry road also good. Fast speed also very stable. - Gary Ng, Owner of Honda Civic SGQ17--R

Great dry performance!  Posted on 04 Feb 2021

Volvo S60

Great dry performance!!! Gives the shortest braking distance and high handling speed be it wet or dry! - Wai Me g, Owner of Volvo S60 SLW3--G

Quiet & comfort tyre  Posted on 04 Feb 2021

Hyundai Avante

Michelin PS4 is a performance tyre with the quietness of a comfort tyre. Cuts through water like a blade. Superb road holding. - Clarence Ying, Owner of Hyundai AD Avante SGT38--Y

LawrenceLee_110640
55 forum posts Joined on 03-Feb-2015
Great Grip and I am impressed by it  Posted on 07 Nov 2019

BMW 218i

Was using stock 17" Michelin Primacy 3 and it's definitely not good for wet weather, and I was driving around 50-70km/hr and when i pass through a puddle of water, it didn't cut it but i feel like floating away from it. There was absolutely no grip on it.

Change it to this Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and alot of my BMW friends say it's a very good tyre and you won't go wrong with it. Did review and google search on it and decided to plunge into it. No regrets choosing this tyres.

- Great Grip on road
- Comfort
- Steering Input was great with this set of tyres. Very good reactive feeling.
- No regrets with this PS4 tyres.
- Cost was reasonable

- Road noise not yet perhaps haven't hit 1k or 5k yet. Still relatively new tyres.
- No Run Flat Tyre version of it.

LionelBoon
23 forum posts Joined on 09-Jul-2016
Impressed so far!  Posted on 28 Apr 2019

Hyundai Avante

Swapped out my 16" stock Kumhos for 17" PS4 and loving them so far. Excellent road feel, grip and overall confidence in drive.

Great road feel, design and grip. I've yet to test it in the wet, but I have full confidence this set of rubbers will perform.

Personally think its slightly noiser, possibly because of the lower sidewall height and it being a performance tyre.

Also think its abit on the steeper price bracket, but for an UHP tyre, this is expected. Hopefully the wear is durable!

Guangye
27 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2013
Nice set of UHP tyre  Posted on 25 Mar 2019

Audi A3

Change to this tyre after car collection.

This is a set of UHP tyre which does not compromise too much on comfort.

It 's noise and comfort level were beyond my expectation for a UHP tyre.

Good tread wear
Relatively comfortable and quiet
Readily available stock

Slightly more expensive than rival

LawY
18 forum posts Joined on 15-Feb-2016
Michelin PS 4  Posted on 07 Dec 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Kia Cerato

Emailed them and trey replied promptly. Service was prompt and had ample parking to do the installation.

Service and installation

not really

Taloncerberus
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Jul-2017
Great performance  Posted on 28 Mar 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Mercedes-Benz C63

Tried out this Michelle tire from my usual CPC after i upgraded to C63.
Grip and traction is good.
Traveled up to KL and back and condition is still very prime.
I think it has the best of both performance and comfort

longhaul
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Oct-2017
Seems to be the king for its group segment  Posted on 26 Oct 2017

Volkswagen Passat

Have just replaced the Bridgestone S001 with the Thai made PS4. It comes with the warranty as these tyres are from our local agent. Its been 1,000km worth of usage now.

Comparatively with the S001, the handling with PS4 is marvelously precise and accurate, It just pin to the direction whichever you steer it to. Good handling. The kind of confident level it gives you is reassuring. It just stick to the road like you've never felt before!

In the wet performance, indeed true to what Michelin promised, I was utterly surprised on how these tyres cut through puddles of water like as if the road is dry! It just performed exceeding your expectation, this is even better than the already good S001 in the wet.

Comfort wise, I am surprised as well to feel that the car now absorb the road like there's an additional mattress between the wheels and the suspension. However, the noise coming from tyres are present but comparing with S001, I will give a noise rating of 7.5 out of 10>>PS4 over the Bridgestone Potenza S001 for>>6 out of 10. Take note that the quietest car interior while driving is rated at 65.9dB whereas the nosiest car interior is rated at 77.4dB. The PS4 is rated at 71dB. This would give you a good idea on noise level. Sources are from the Micheline website that I've found online. Thus, the noise emitting from the PS4 is certainly manageable. Definitely better than other brands in this performance segment.

The tread wear rating is rated at 320 in the PS4! This is higher than my previous S001 which is only at 280 tread wear. I shall post again in the next 3 to 5 months on its fuel consumption and the tread wear. Lets see how its going to be then.

So far so happy with this tyres. I fall in love with driving again:)

The design
The comfort
The handling in both wet & dry
The aesthetic look of the sidewall

None so far after 1,000km of usage