Related Categories

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
4 out of 4 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

tudorpapa
66 forum posts Joined on 23-Jan-2014
A combi for road travelling and spirited drive.  Posted on 15 Nov 2019

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Volkswagen Passat

Pushing my car to the limits on the famous Malaysia Genting highland winding hill climb road. Tyres show no sign of understeer, full throttle during corner exit show no traction lost despite being a fwd, tyre sidewall are stiff with minimal flex, so ride comfort may be on the harsh side.

Driving in the rain with heavy downpour, tyres gave me confident, cruising at 120kmph on wet on this tyre, car tyre still feel planted on the road

Overall, totally satisfy with this tyre and definitely buy again, price is so much lower than MP4S, but tyre performance wise are almost on par with MP4S on dry,

The only cons I feel is that, I hope the rims protector will be fatter, just like the Pirelli PZ4, And squarer tyre shoulder just like michellin and pirelli Pz4. F1SS tyre shoulder looks more round to me imo.

Overall, will buy this tyre again.

Traction, dry grip is fantastic, driving in the wet also have huge confident.

rim protector can be fatter.

kobayashiGT
Turbocharged
3865 forum posts Joined on 21-Oct-2013
The most "illegal" legal tyres you can find on the road. Superb Handling & Will buy again!  Posted on 14 Nov 2019

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Honda Accord

I have gotten myself a 225/45/18 on my accord. And Goodyear tyre did not disappoint me. This tyre at first glance looks like a track tyre. I am skeptical when my mechanic told me that this is a UHP road tyre. This could just be the next PS4 killer!

Dry grip is excellent! And the feedback is great! I did try to corner at heavy throttle after installing and the response is fantastic. You can simply drive this with confidence! The tyre feedback is tactile and involving. And now it somehow make me fall in love with my car again. I have been starting to push the car to its limits.

These Goodyears are a bit stiffer than my previous Bridgestone S001 but I like that. Turn in is very good and it is hard to overdrive them. The ride is stiffer but the response is so much better and more direct.

In terms of noise: I find them quiet. At least, they don't make the "wong" sound at my cruising speed.

The looks: they look exactly like a race tyre! Nice pattern and I do like the rim protection.

Good respond
Stiffer sidewall
Nice tyre pattern
Rim protection

This is one of the more expensive tyres in the market.
Can buy your wallet.

EmpireRom3
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Jun-2013
Excellent Set of Tyre  Posted on 28 Jan 2020

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Porsche 911

Excellent set of tyre for my driving. Very responsive and don't have any understeer or oversteer. The grip on the dry and normal road condition is good. Give much confidence to push the car faster.

Responsive, especially when turning
Less Noise

Seems to be stiffer

CarbonFalcon
1 forum posts Joined on 22-Nov-2012
Over Engineered  Posted on 20 Dec 2019

Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Toyota C-HR

With another proper sports coupe fitted with the Michelin PS4, it always felt like I'm on agar-agar on the factory fitted Dunlop on my daily CHR. I just wanted the precision and dependability that i get on the track car for my daily drive. So I though instead of spending that much on another set of PS4 unnecessarily, why not go for the Eagle F1 Supersport?

While the tyres are designed for use on tough tarmac tearing situations and super high horsepowers, the CHR's output in comparison is in the range of "bro are you even trying?" However, on hybrid sport mode, it does tend to do some tyre raping which does wear out the tyres rather too early. With the F1 Supersport, it feels like wearing army boots for a 2.4km run - although comfort isn't compromised.

Superior looks - the fat tyres really beef up the stature.
Excellent grip and behaviour
Better value for money vs PS4
Not bad on rainy days - still grippy
Road noise is a minimum

Not a great tyre to go on gravel. Stay on track